Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where I’m from it’s called Markies, nobody calls it anything else.

The poster who immediately told the OP to duck off seems like an absolute peach. That poster completely sums up Mumsnetters to me.

Reactions: 4
Mumsnet stresses me out! I used to enjoy reading thru the threads but like previous posters here have said it is all very hysterical especially on the covid board. Very much the end is nigh. And the threads where someone says ‘my husband left the toilet seat up’ or other such nonsense and it turns into a massive ‘leave the bastard’ tirade of answers 🙄 CALM DOWN

The first hideous reply on that thread was deleted, as well as many others. Even the replies left show the posters love a pile on for no real reason. The attitude towards anyone not from London area is horrible.

Reactions: 5
I’m sick of the. * my husband wants dinner when he gets in from 13 hours out of the house at work * threads
They all seem to * run around * after toddlers * run errands * , what the duck does that even mean ?? and has doctors appointments... no one has doctors appointments every day ... seriously, it’s taken you longer to write that post than it has to shove a jacket potato in the oven that pretty much cooks itself and spend 10 seconds opening a tin of beans
Yes my husband would be too tired for anything else after spending eleventy hours a day out the house while you have the luxury of staying at home all day , and yes it is a luxury I’ve been there 3 times and was fortunate to be able to stay at home on one wage packet .
the man doesn’t want a 3 course meal , he just wants something to eat when he gets home. ... shove a chicken in the oven and Chuck a bag of salad at it . My husband loves these simple dinners
cue the endless get him to cook his own meal cheeky fucker , book a spa day and endless cheeky fuckery posts and sit him down and have a chat with him .. dude if I sat my man down and made some patronising bullshit up about how difficult my life was I’d get the sharp end of his tongue ...and if I had time to * sit him down * I’d have time to shove a jacket potato in the oven

AND you’re a greedy fat pig if that chicken doesn’t last 58 meals too

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah the ‘stay at home’ mums don’t realise how lucky they are. So few women can even afford to do that these days, but It’s almost like they enjoy being martyr’s over there. They all seem to live in this twee middle class world full of drama. None of them get on with their mother in laws, or their neighbours.

Reactions: 8
Seen some of the posts there:

"Are you Scottish OP?"

I refuse to believe that I share a country with anyone who says shudder picky bits.

• Haha
Often a sign of someone with too much time on their hands.
In my experience people like this are the ones with the problem. Not the in laws or neighbours. They just feed off the drama and look for trouble and offence when there‘s none intended, you can’t always get on with everyone, but you can make an effort to be civil. Which when you live next door to them, or married into their family, always seems like the sensible and mature option.

Reactions: 7
There’s a thread on there at the moment about a woman that wants her boyfriend to move in after 2 years together.
He doesn’t want to but has compromised on keeping his place in case he needs space
Clearly at this time they are not on the same page
But of course * he’s shagging about *
How about you sound like you’re nagging him into doing something he’s not ready for

And woe betide someone unexpectedly knocks on your door
They don’t answer it ??
ive never heard that , not answering the door if someone knocks .. NEVER ..

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘Call ofsted’ over any minor school issue, there much clearly be a crack team of inspectors waiting to swoop in after a call from mumsnet

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also is *log it with 101* a thing ?
I imagine a constable with a note book making logs with mrs Turner because a dog shat on her drive and therein becomes an extensive list of logs

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sick of the. * my husband wants dinner when he gets in from 13 hours out of the house at work * threads
They all seem to * run around * after toddlers * run errands * , what the duck does that even mean ?? and has doctors appointments... no one has doctors appointments every day ... seriously, it’s taken you longer to write that post than it has to shove a jacket potato in the oven that pretty much cooks itself and spend 10 seconds opening a tin of beans
Yes my husband would be too tired for anything else after spending eleventy hours a day out the house while you have the luxury of staying at home all day , and yes it is a luxury I’ve been there 3 times and was fortunate to be able to stay at home on one wage packet .
the man doesn’t want a 3 course meal , he just wants something to eat when he gets home. ... shove a chicken in the oven and Chuck a bag of salad at it . My husband loves these simple dinners
cue the endless get him to cook his own meal cheeky fucker , book a spa day and endless cheeky fuckery posts and sit him down and have a chat with him .. dude if I sat my man down and made some patronising bullshit up about how difficult my life was I’d get the sharp end of his tongue ...and if I had time to * sit him down * I’d have time to shove a jacket potato in the oven

AND you’re a greedy fat pig if that chicken doesn’t last 58 meals too
“House/life admin” is the one that gets me. Eh? Gone are the days where you have to go to the bank with your chequebook to pay your bill. Everything is online. Insurance renewals are an annual job. Yet “life admin” is talked about like a great big regular task that takes up so much time and maybe I just don’t get it.

Not sure if she’s been mentioned on this thread but does anyone else remember LaQueen? The biggest bragger and snob known to mankind!
Ah yes I'm sure it was her that posted about her husband accidentally forgetting where he parked one of their Mercs for months. she was oh so cross. :rolleyes: So many syscophants crowing that it was a MN classic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Ah yes I'm sure it was her that posted about her husband accidentally forgetting where he parked one of their Mercs for months. she was oh so cross. :rolleyes: So many syscophants crowing that it was a MN classic.
Not sure why she felt the need to post about that, happens to me all the time!
seriously the “humble” brags on there are unreal!

• Haha
Its one of the most aggresive forums i have ever visited, i really hope new mums or anyone wanting advice find their way onto other forums.

the most brutal ones I see are the gender disappointment ones, god forbid if its a woman disappointed she isnt having a girl

anyone would think the poster has killed someone!

its always usually comments from boy mums who feel like they have been personally attacked for how the poster feels or someone is saying their son isnt worthy.

then they have the nerve to say tattle is full of catty people 🤣

Reactions: 5
Not sure why she felt the need to post about that, happens to me all the time!
seriously the “humble” brags on there are unreal!
Its just so hard to fit them all in the tripple garage darling!

Anytime I take a look i come away with the impression that the whole of the UK is awash with families who despise one another its ptetty depressing when the typical answer to any in law issues is to cut them off completely. If my husband or I ever gave the other an ultimatum like that i supect our marriage would be over.

Yes! That’s her! There were lots of other things she’d posted about too which I’m pretty sure someone found out to be lies and so she deleted her account and left.

Reactions: 2
You must have a serious lack of self awareness if you think boasting about losing a Mercedes is ok, when there are people out there struggling to feed and clothe their kids.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.