Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mint Velvet, Toast, Boden. The answer to “What basics do I need?” is always a Breton top :rolleyes:
Haha I do love a Joules Breton top kind but it’s hardly what I’d call a basic!! Tattle is definitely more my crowd of people, the advice threads are a thousand miles for pragmatic and helpful without a side of snide insult

Reactions: 9
They’d hate me. All my clothes come from Primark, New Look, Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys, with the odd bit of ASOS thrown in for good measure. If I really want to splash out then its River Island 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Not sure if she’s been mentioned on this thread but does anyone else remember LaQueen? The biggest bragger and snob known to mankind!

Reactions: 3
I am studiously ignoring the covid section. It's full of people who can't or won't cope with it.
I’ve just had a peek at the Covid section. Good god, it’s all very the-end-is-nigh, isn’t it? The first page of this thread cracked me up. I feel sympathetic a bit if they are genuinely feeling that way but it comes across as false, grief-scoring and...well... so Mumsnet lol. Look at the replies!
(Can’t link but it’s titled something like “since the 8pm announcement” in the covid section)

Reactions: 2
Tbf there's some very end is nigh talk on the tattle corona virus thread too. You get piled on for having any opinion that isn't that we should have martial law and anyone found doing too much outdoor exercise will be shot on sight.

Tbf there's some very end is nigh talk on the tattle corona virus thread too. You get piled on for having any opinion that isn't that we should have martial law and anyone found doing too much outdoor exercise will be shot on sight.
I’m a regular on the covid thread and that’s not true at all. Maybe SOME people feel that way but certainly not all. In fact just recently people were encouraging a poster to take as many walks as they need per day during this lockdown if it helps their mental health. It’s nowhere near as bad as mumsnet and about 10000x funnier.

Reactions: 5
I’m a regular on the covid thread and that’s not true at all. Maybe SOME people feel that way but certainly not all. In fact just recently people were encouraging a poster to take as many walks as they need per day during this lockdown if it helps their mental health. It’s nowhere near as bad as mumsnet and about 10000x funnier.
Yes sorry I just had a read back through and some people are quite compassionate but I definitely remember previous threads were I have read some very harsh posts.

Reactions: 1
Another pregnancy test ‘can you see the faint line’ thread just now. No, as usual there’s nothing there but that doesn’t stop loads of posters piping up with ‘ooooh yes, very faint line there congratulations’. If you have to ask random strangers on the internet if they can see the non existent line then there isn’t one there. It’s really unhelpful to give people false hope when chances are they aren’t pregnant, or its still too early to tell. I don’t know why the mods allow those threads to stand?

Yes sorry I just had a read back through and some people are quite compassionate but I definitely remember previous threads were I have read some very harsh posts.
And this is the key difference between the sites. You'd never read this on Mumsnet or have two posters agreeing to disagree. Really refreshing.

Ahhhh love this thread! I only ever posted on MN once..and I’ll wear my hat of shame as it was a “Is this positive?” pregnancy test post! Looking back now my child’s 2 it was the most obvious positive ever but I was in utter shock, and surprisingly, people were very polite to me. (This was 2018 mind.)

Now when I need minor advice with my child, I google, like a normal person, and will only browse the website to have a laugh at other people’s posts asking the same question. 😂😂

• Haha
Ahhhh love this thread! I only ever posted on MN once..and I’ll wear my hat of shame as it was a “Is this positive?” pregnancy test post! Looking back now my child’s 2 it was the most obvious positive ever but I was in utter shock, and surprisingly, people were very polite to me. (This was 2018 mind.)

Now when I need minor advice with my child, I google, like a normal person, and will only browse the website to have a laugh at other people’s posts asking the same question. 😂😂
Well at least your honest! 😂

The post I’m referring to what started by someone who has had several miscarriages and is really desperate for a baby, so for them to say ‘ooooh I can see it’ when there is nothing there just seems to unkind and is giving the OP false hope.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Well at least your honest! 😂

The post I’m referring to what started by someone who has had several miscarriages and is really desperate for a baby, so for them to say ‘ooooh I can see it’ when there is nothing there just seems to unkind and is giving the OP false hope.
Oh I know exactly what kind you mean! You see them all the time on facebook mummy groups. I had to leave them soon after my son was born because of the stupidity!

Another pregnancy test ‘can you see the faint line’ thread just now. No, as usual there’s nothing there but that doesn’t stop loads of posters piping up with ‘ooooh yes, very faint line there congratulations’. If you have to ask random strangers on the internet if they can see the non existent line then there isn’t one there. It’s really unhelpful to give people false hope when chances are they aren’t pregnant, or its still too early to tell. I don’t know why the mods allow those threads to stand?
I think those threads should be banned. Often, it's people desperately trying to conceive, and, as you say, posters give them false hope by telling them 'YES!! I can see a line, congratulations!' I also think pregnancy testing kits should come with advice telling people not to test until their period is at least one week overdue. Sensitive pregnancy tests pick up chemical pregnancies, which again gives false hope - and also grief at the pregnancy loss when menstruation arrives bang on time.

What do you all think about the rash of threads recently, where the poster has either felt something move in her stomach, or leaked colostrum, and subsequently finds out they are 30+ weeks pregnant? There were at least 4 separate threads by different posters, over the last few months.

I think those threads should be banned. Often, it's people desperately trying to conceive, and, as you say, posters give them false hope by telling them 'YES!! I can see a line, congratulations!' I also think pregnancy testing kits should come with advice telling people not to test until their period is at least one week overdue. Sensitive pregnancy tests pick up chemical pregnancies, which again gives false hope - and also grief at the pregnancy loss when menstruation arrives bang on time.

What do you all think about the rash of threads recently, where the poster has either felt something move in her stomach, or leaked colostrum, and subsequently finds out they are 30+ weeks pregnant? There were at least 4 separate threads by different posters, over the last few months.
I am really skeptical about them generally. I have known of one person who “found out” they were pregnant at that stage, but years later she admitted she’d really known longer and had just been in denial. They’re a fave made up topic, and if any of them are true, I think it’s far more likely to be that type of situation.

I am really skeptical about them generally. I have known of one person who “found out” they were pregnant at that stage, but years later she admitted she’d really known longer and had just been in denial. They’re a fave made up topic, and if any of them are true, I think it’s far more likely to be that type of situation.
The last one I read, went from feeling something move, to seeing her GP and having the pregnancy confirmed, to labour and subsequent delivery of baby Delilah within a few days. She even posted a photo of baby Delilah's hand and I swear it was a picture nicked from reborn doll maker's forum!
new-baby-hand.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
I don’t even know if the link will work but...we are being discussed lol:

Edit: the thread is called AIBU to think Mumsnet isn’t any better than Tattle Life 🤷🏽‍♂️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair, a lot of the posters admit to liking Tattle and find it more supportive than Mumsnet.
Tattle isn't overrun with hoaxers and beggars either - when was the last time there was a thread where the poster claimed to be broke and in need of immediate funds with no way of accessing any? When was the last time someone posted from the back of an ambulance on the way to Intensive Care? :D

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To be fair, a lot of the posters admit to liking Tattle and find it more supportive than Mumsnet.
Tattle isn't overrun with hoaxers and beggars either - when was the last time there was a thread where the poster claimed to be broke and in need of immediate funds with no way of accessing any? When was the last time someone posted from the back of an ambulance on the way to Intensive Care? :D
Any chance you can lend us a tenner? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That was interesting read. I agreed with a LOT of the complaints levelled at Tattle. I only read off topic because of these issues on the main site.

This thread has given me the rage today. So much nastiness directed at the OP. They are such a bunch of nasty cows.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.