Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw the thread about the 3K art. Russia isnt in EU and doesn‘t have a good relationship with the bloc!

Do you ever post on there or just read? I’ve only ever posted once when I had a problem with my radiators!!! There’s a plumber on there and ( I think it’s a he) is really helpful! Saved me calling out someone to look when one of them didn’t work 😂. Apart from that have never posted, it seems like it’s stuck in rut.
I used to, before I got banned for telling a poster she was a poor mother for putting her partners needs above those of her teenage children. The partner was horrible to her son, and inappropriate with her daughter. Apparently this isn’t the spirt of the site though.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If anyone dares to ever lighten the mood with a comment they get absolutely annihilated 😂😂. I wonder if there are any serious mumsnetters on tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I read a really sad thread yesterday about a woman who’s son was forcibly adopted a decade ago because of an abusive partner, and the amount of people who were blaming her or not believing her because ‘social services don’t do that’ was actually sickening.. victim blaming at its finest. I have never read such a sad thread and the amount of people purposefully still putting the boot in was so awful 😞 i will definitely be taking a break.

Reactions: 12
Loving this thread! Used to be a proper MN lurker and lived for the drama. Dipped in and out as life gets in the way etc. and once covid hit I just couldn't be bothered with the threads. So much panic etc. It's also really hard to find a community on MN. I've only been using tattle for a few weeks and already feel part of it's community. Less deranged people here too.

Reactions: 13
Loving this thread! Used to be a proper MN lurker and lived for the drama. Dipped in and out as life gets in the way etc. and once covid hit I just couldn't be bothered with the threads. So much panic etc. It's also really hard to find a community on MN. I've only been using tattle for a few weeks and already feel part of it's community. Less deranged people here too.
Couldn’t agree with you more! I never really commented that much, it was more the fact there’s lots of content to read on a boring day at work if you choose not to read Daily Mail.. now I have tattle instead 😂

Reactions: 4
I read a really sad thread yesterday about a woman who’s son was forcibly adopted a decade ago because of an abusive partner, and the amount of people who were blaming her or not believing her because ‘social services don’t do that’ was actually sickening.. victim blaming at its finest. I have never read such a sad thread and the amount of people purposefully still putting the boot in was so awful 😞 i will definitely be taking a break
I saw that as well. It was horrible wasn’t it? Social Services absolutely do make mistakes, its true that they only remove children as a last resort but that’s not always gospel and the OP was clearly very distressed.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I must tentatively stick up for the feminism board though, there are lots of interesting and intelligent posters on there who have given me food for thought on various subjects.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That thread was an eye opener, if you never thought there was hierarchy on MN surely that changed your perspective? Some posters even claimed that it couldn’t have been AF and someone must have stolen her name 😂
I think it’s really odd how posts like that often happen when MN are being hacked or attacked or something is happening that they maybe want to deflect from.

AF is an absolute witch but the post was out of character and the timing makes me suspicious.

Reactions: 6
Do you ever post on there or just read? I’ve only ever posted once when I had a problem with my radiators!!! There’s a plumber on there and ( I think it’s a he) is really helpful! Saved me calling out someone to look when one of them didn’t work 😂. Apart from that have never posted, it seems like it’s stuck in rut.
That was piglet John or something 🤔

I was a serious mumsnetter but usually stuck to the light hearted threads but I also loved a good troll thread. There was one prolific troll who kept name changing every time she got called out, I didn't like her at all. I must admit I went a bit crazy over her, I had her various user names written down on the back of an envelope 😆 🤣 .I didn't think she was harmless, she was building up to baby loss.
Some horrendous trolls flock to that site, I'm not sure why, fascinates me tbh.

Last edited:
Suprise suprise Mumsnet was still claiming furlough in December. Pretty shocking for an online company especially. Online ad rates were on average higher in q3-q4 2021 than 2020. So really no excuse for how much of our money they've used to sub their poorly run site. It's not like they're keeping jobs running that can't operate because of forced shutdowns.

Screenshot_20210222-212131_Office.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Just signed up tonight due to the AF business, what a bunch of sycophants on mumsnet and it was the final straw for loss of critical thinking on that site.

Reactions: 5
They are being such miseries over the roadmap. All saying we will be back in lockdown by September. Can't even have one evening of happiness.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Makes me laugh on Mumsnet when someone spots something in an OP that doesn't quite add up (in their opinion) and then they post about it with such glee. You can just imagine someone beaming from ear to ear thinking they are being so clever!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Makes me laugh on Mumsnet when someone spots something in an OP that doesn't quite add up (in their opinion) and then they post about it with such glee. You can just imagine someone beaming from ear to ear thinking they are being so clever!
even funnier when they go searching through their old posts to try and Find cracks in their stories.

i mean for a site that claims to have so many ‘busy, important high pressure career women’ they sure have a lot of time to do stuff like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
even funnier when they go searching through their old posts to try and Find cracks in their stories.

i mean for a site that claims to have so many ‘busy, important high pressure career women’ they sure have a lot of time to do stuff like that.
Ha ha yes. Always bragging about their high powered jobs and yet are posting on Mumsnet all day and night.

Reactions: 7
Oooh I'm going to read this thread today. I left mumsnet around the David thing if any of you have mentioned it, I ended up on reddit, the cockroach saga was sooooooo funny, I saw that unfold in real time, hilarious. Then it got weird and dark and I had no home :cry: I didn't like reddit nor did I want to go back to mumsnet, I was lost on the Internet. I became a nomad but eventually found tattle. I like it here, I'm home.
Mave, we must have gone over to Reddit at the same time , the cockroach and Justine’s response was comedy gold.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.