Mumsnet #9 It’s like it’s their first day as people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't believe they still make Fenjal - thought it went out with the ark.
The smell reminds me of Avon’s Skin So Soft which in turn reminds me of holidays. I like it. I am a body lotion fiend though, I buy loads of them, from bargain bucket to Christian Dior private collection.

Reactions: 5
Where in London do you live?
I'm assuming it's in one of the nicer boroughs.
Do you seriously think that beyond the north circular, there are just thatched cottages, farms and village greens?
Have you never visited another UK city and experienced the vibrancy and excitement of a city centre on a Saturday night?
That's actually quite sad.
I love London, it's my absolute favourite place in the world (I have also lived in Oxford and several other cities) but that's because it was the first place I owned my own home and lived as a 'grown up'... I always felt really safe in London, much safer than I do in the countryside, completely illogical but never mind.

I now live in full rural splendour (listed cottage and all, suck on that MN) which is fabulous for the kids and pets etc, and I do like it but if I was a bazillionaire I'd move back to town in a heartbeat.

That said, although it's my favorite city I wouldn't be so bold as to say it's the best city (it is!! 😆) because I'm not able to speak for everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I love London, but to visit not to live. I love most European capital cities, but for me, living by the sea is best. However, I am not a true Mumsnetter because I don't go wild cold water swimming in the winter, not even with a fancy Dryrobe. I walk on the beach and look at the waves and think about summer days when I can go down there with a blanket, a book, and a bucket and spade for the child, for hours of glorious entertainment.

Reactions: 13
There’s a thread about someone not being able to find cream crackers in any shops. People are telling her there were strikes/recommending crackers and where to buy them then one person says just make your own. Well obviously, who doesn’t make their own crackers!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I’m sure I read that they don’t class a dove bar of soap as ‘proper’ soap on there. It has to be traditional soap to clean us disgusting germ ridden humans!
Yes! I remember that now that you mention it. 😁

I haven't ventured on there yet today but I do wonder sometimes about the 'is this dress suitable for a wedding' threads.
Either someone trying to stir or else someone pushing a particular website or whatever.

Reactions: 2
I'm pretty sure if heaven exists, it smells of badedas.
I hope not! I used to like the smell of Badedas but my midwife recommended I use it in my baths for a few weeks after I had given birth.
One whiff of it now and it takes me straight back there, to the stitches, piles and pain that was going on down there! 😱😆 I’ve not been able to use it since.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m sure I read that they don’t class a dove bar of soap as ‘proper’ soap on there. It has to be traditional soap to clean us disgusting germ ridden humans!
Tbf, even Dove say it’s not a soap. It’s a ‘beauty bar’, which is supposed to not dry your skin out as much. I think the cleansing element is milder than in traditional soap (I’m not a chemist, so I’m not going to get technical) but this is a debate that been raging on Twitter since the pandemic (and probably before).

Having said that, I use it like you would normal soap but all Mumsnetters seem to have stinky armpits and say it won’t clean the stench away as well as soap would.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
New fred here:

Mumsnet #10 Freedom for DDog

@mods, please could you lock this one? many thanks

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.