Mumsnet #9 It’s like it’s their first day as people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Purple is your favourite colour? Are you feeling okay? Head tilt.
I think I’m going into early menopause. It’s that or early dementia or late Autism. I’m unsure at the moment, I’m going to spend some of the money from my 6 figure salary on a private medical appointment to discuss it. I’m just waiting for my husband to have time to look after our three sets of (tall and slim) twins around his 6 figure salary and niche hobby, because we’ve gone NC with everyone we’ve ever known so I don’t have anyone else to look after them while I go.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I’m sure I read that they don’t class a dove bar of soap as ‘proper’ soap on there. It has to be traditional soap to clean us disgusting germ ridden humans!
What is Dove then, if it's not soap? My nan has a massive green chunk of soap by her kitchen sink the size of a house brick, I'm not sure where she gets it from, but it smells really fresh and clean. She uses it for handwashing her smalls (nanspeak for knickers and tights) and I really want to get some, though not to wash my own smalls, they go in the washing machine with my bigs :D :D

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Are they actually arguing over shower gel?!

I've been catching up with what we are wearing and found these boots from December. Can only assume the model, for once, is making the boots look hideous
Those ones on the left, I always think the wearer is off for their shift at the abattoir. They’re vile. How can any sane person wear them?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Please tell you've all seen the "wedding guest attire" thread in AIBU?
OP has posted pics of a dress her 21 daughter wants to wear to a family wedding. One poster said it looks like something a prostitute would wear - it so doesn't!! Whilst others are suggesting alternative dresses for her 21 year old, dresses that would suit your elderly aunt!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
OP has posted pics of a dress her 21 daughter wants to wear to a family wedding. One poster said it looks like something a prostitute would wear - it so doesn't!! Whilst others are suggesting alternative dresses for her 21 year old, dresses that would suit your elderly aunt!!
Ugh that thread. Replies written by misogynists who clearly don’t go to weddings that young people also attend.

No cleavage in case there’s also a pervy uncle at the wedding? WTAF?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
RE: moving to Yorkshire because of Happy Valley…… best not tell her half of Sundays episode was filmed in Bolton then, don’t wanna burst her little bubble 😂

Very distracting ‘ mum why they pretending Bolton town centre is Sheffield?’

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Someone said Yorkshire's god's own country and another poster said that statement has an "air of desperation" about it 😅 you literally couldn't make it up 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To be fair, the two dresses posted were a bit over the top and bridesmaidy, not really right for a guest.

I did however laugh at the poster who suggested a frumpy Hobbs dress instead where the model is wearing a massive hat and the overall look is giving Queen Camilla.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
To be fair, the two dresses posted were a bit over the top and bridesmaidy, not really right for a guest.

I did however laugh at the poster who suggested a frumpy Hobbs dress instead where the model is wearing a massive hat and the overall look is giving Queen Camilla.
I feel so sorry for the poster who suggested Hobbs and Coast. Bless her trying to help but being really out of touch. She would get on well with my mum who was the source of many a disastrous outfit for me when I was younger. Makes me absolutely squirm inside looking back on what she’d dress me in 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can't believe they still make Fenjal - thought it went out with the ark.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.