Mumsnet #8 Give us a diagram, you CF.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same with weddings if you ask for money. They are shocked and claim no one does this and no one asks for gifts yet every wedding I've attended, including my own, has been gift list or a request for money
I'd rather give money as the wedding couple can buy what they like or recuperate wedding costs

Reactions: 8
I'd rather give money as the wedding couple can buy what they like or recuperate wedding costs
I agree. I don’t get the thing on mumsnet about hating to give money or vouchers for wedding presents. I’d rather give them some money in a card than the 6th toaster they’re going to revive when they already have one - that’s just wasting my money on something they’ll never use.

Reactions: 11
They just hate life. They are so bleeping sour and miserable about everything. No wonder they all get ‘wendied‘ and their DH’s run off with the ‘OW’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
They just hate life. They are so bleeping sour and miserable about everything. No wonder they all get ‘wendied‘ and their DH’s run off with the ‘OW’.
Not to mention getting totally wound up because some school mum they don't even know said something on Facebook that they've decided is about them because, well, it must be mustn't it? They'll start asking how to respond to this dire event by getting their fellow nutters to come up with some form of revenge.

Imagine being that other school mum going about her day completely unaware that some lunatics are egging on an easily-led simpleton to stalk and intimidate her and her family because she commented on a local Facebook page.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Waiting for the “MIL has invited herself to ours Christmas 2023, I will have a newborn so no visitors allowed, we have a 10 bedroom house but they will already be in use for DH’s various hobbies what do we do” thread

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Waiting for the “MIL has invited herself to ours Christmas 2023, I will have a newborn so no visitors allowed, we have a 10 bedroom house but they will already be in use for DH’s various hobbies what do we do” thread
The responses will range from

Congratulations on your baby! Definitely tell MIL she can’t come for Christmas. With my children we don’t allow visitors for the first ten years and me and DH just stay in a bubble with the children and it’s amazing!

To

Well, my whole family are DEAD op, I WISH I had someone who wanted to visit me and my dh and our baby but literally every we have ever known and loved is DEAD. Try being more grateful.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Completely not the point, but I hate it when they give people in their stories names. Let’s call her Anna? Why?! Just call her friend-it would still be perfectly clear who you meant! The replies that then use the name really weird me out.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Completely not the point, but I hate it when they give people in their stories names. Let’s call her Anna? Why?! Just call her friend-it would still be perfectly clear who you meant! The replies that then use the name really weird me out.
I read one earlier where she started off calling her Linda and then changed it to Samantha and then had to post again to tell us Linda and Samantha are the same person 😂

Just say friend said then husband said then second friend said then friend said then second friend said - who was the rude one? Or whatever, if you can’t remember fake names!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
‘I’ve name changed for this one’ ….well hun you missed the point of name changing if you’re sign posting it 🙄

cue dull, generic post about husbands ‘hobby’ (I won’t post his hobby as it will be an outing)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m lining this one up for when the baby has me up doing the night feed. I do hope it doesn’t disappoint.
You’ll be up doing the nightfeed? So your husband is abusive and has gaslighted you then? Why did you have a baby with him?! LTB. Call womens aid, get your ducks in a row and put all your paperwork in the boot, NOW!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You’ll be up doing the nightfeed? So your husband is abusive and has gaslighted you then? Why did you have a baby with him?! LTB. Call womens aid, get your ducks in a row and put all your paperwork in the boot, NOW!
Get your ducks in a row

I know this has been discussed but I have stumbled across the 'when are you taking your Christmas decorations down' thread, and so many have already done it today or did it on Boxing day. I am aghast. Is this seriously a thing in the real world??? I thought most people did it on the 12th day of Christmas.

I can just about understand doing it on New years day as I admit the decs do look a bit sorry and depressing in Jan, but still. To me the week between Xmas day and new years is just as much a huge part of the whole Christmas thing as the day itself. Why are they all such miserable gits!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m a little fascinated by the taking the Christmas decorations down.
It’s so bleeping joyless and they’re clambering to be the most miserable

The one who gave context for being up for almost two weeks has to win. The detail is only necessary to make a point they went up in December and will be only up for 10 days

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I know this has been discussed but I have stumbled across the 'when are you taking your Christmas decorations down' thread, and so many have already done it today or did it on Boxing day. I am aghast. Is this seriously a thing in the real world??? I thought most people did it on the 12th day of Christmas.

I can just about understand doing it on New years day as I admit the decs do look a bit sorry and depressing in Jan, but still. To me the week between Xmas day and new years is just as much a huge part of the whole Christmas thing as the day itself. Why are they all such miserable gits!!!!
They think it’s common to have Christmas decorations up so they take them down while the turkeys being carved because that’s what rich people do 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.