Mumsnet #8 Give us a diagram, you CF.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think MN should be renamed AngryBitterWivesNet based on the last few threads I’ve read. Mumsnet so wrongly suggests some kind of cute and fuzzy supportive element to it.

Reactions: 15
Wasnt one of the replies that the drive holds 4 cars and outside the property is double
It was a bleeping mug and a lip balm. And you have users who said they were apparently up from the crack of dawn waiting for the big reveal because the whole thing was just soooo hilarious and full of suspense that it trumped all the excitement over their own sorry Christmases 🙄
And both items were in boxes and it was beyond her husbands capabilities to wrap them separately as he didn't think of thsg

Yet they are normally furious/seething/shaking/sobbing uncontrollably/telling people to ltb if the husband doesnt perform at 100% 100% of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Some people just like their food burning hot with steam coming off it. Like my parents. My mum often whinges that food ‘isn’t very hot’ when it’s perfectly fine for everyone else. In fact my dad won’t have coffee from Starbucks or Costa because it ‘isn’t hot enough’. He likes it scalding.
If he asks for it extra hot they’ll steam it (or whatever they do) for longer.

Reactions: 4
I can't believe how miserable they all at Christmas!!!

Really annoys me when they go running to MNHQ to complain about a thread and get it taken down - there was one yesterday about a woman whose partner was in jail and she wanted to know how to get pregnant with his baby. It wasn't offensive or harmful, it was actually quite funny and interesting. And this morning it's gone. Meanwhile the tedious one about the husband wrapping presents goes on for pages. Reminds me of an annoying sibling "mummy mummy look at that thread, they're being naughty, get it deleted".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Some people just like their food burning hot with steam coming off it. Like my parents. My mum often whinges that food ‘isn’t very hot’ when it’s perfectly fine for everyone else. In fact my dad won’t have coffee from Starbucks or Costa because it ‘isn’t hot enough’. He likes it scalding.
There’s nothing WORSE than piping hot food IMO. But we’re all different. (I’m the one not eating anything for about 10 minutes till it cools down enough. Once had a waitress try to replace my toast in a hotel breakfast had to grab it back and tell her I was waiting for it to get cold enough to not melt the butter)

Reactions: 3
I can't believe how miserable they all at Christmas!!!

Really annoys me when they go running to MNHQ to complain about a thread and get it taken down - there was one yesterday about a woman whose partner was in jail and she wanted to know how to get pregnant with his baby. It wasn't offensive or harmful, it was actually quite funny and interesting. And this morning it's gone. Meanwhile the tedious one about the husband wrapping presents goes on for pages. Reminds me of an annoying sibling "mummy mummy look at that thread, they're being naughty, get it deleted".
Did anyone suggest how she could get pregnant?!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone bothered reading the thread about the woman triggered by the film version of Matilda 🙄
MN triggered by Roald Dahl kids books.
I just can’t even 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I don’t understand the pure hatred for hen dos on there. Sure they can be very expensive but you can just say “sorry bride I can’t afford it but I’d love to have a drink/meal together before the wedding”.

In reality it’s probably because not many of them seem to have friends so hold no value in it - because having a friendship seems to be frowned upon on there too.

Reactions: 11
I don’t understand the pure hatred for hen dos on there. Sure they can be very expensive but you can just say “sorry bride I can’t afford it but I’d love to have a drink/meal together before the wedding”.

In reality it’s probably because not many of them seem to have friends so hold no value in it - because having a friendship seems to be frowned upon on there too.
The amount of hate that destination hen do's get our hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Couldn’t agree more
They hate hen dos or just a night out
The hate hate hate a wedding too
They just seem like miserable and judgemental
I suppose their Tweeness makes them uncomfortable with anything remotely fun or viewed as tacky

Give me a four day break in Benidorm and a Willy straw and I’m more than happy

• Haha
Reactions: 11

The bit I don’t understand is why they need 20+ people to weigh in. If I can’t do something I say sorry I have plans/sorry I can’t afford it/sorry I can’t make it. I don’t need strangers to help me come up with some weird, long, formal text. ‘Dear Lisa, as you know after our 25 year friendship I am usually present at all of your milestones, however I am economically challenged this month and will be unable to attend your bridal shower. Therefore I will not see you until your nuptials in June. Please reply hastily so I know our friendship remains intact. Kinds regards, Jane.’

It’s like it’s their first day as people.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
"It's their first day as people."

So true!! Like the posts that are "I have a voucher for Jo Malone, what shall I buy?"
Go into the store, find a smell you like and buy it!!
Why do they need a stranger to tell them which scent they like?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I like hen dos and weddings. I’ve recently been to the home and away legs of a friend’s henny and looking forward to the wedding in the new year. Bride and groom have lived together for years so have asked for anyone who wants to give them a gift to give money, totally optional of course. Great I think, only have to choose a card and go to the cash machine!

Reactions: 9
So true!! Like the posts that are "I have a voucher for Jo Malone, what shall I buy?"
The worst are of those are the Aldi and Lidl threads in the same vein. ‘Going to Lidl for the first time, what should I buy?’ as though it’s some exotic foreign market that they have to trek to an a camel. Just buy stuff you’d normally bleeping buy in a supermarket, except for less money.

And ofc all the other posters will then weigh in with ‘my Lidl STINKS of poor people’ and ‘I’ve found the meat there goes off after the use by date’ because they’re twats.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Couldn’t agree more
They hate hen dos or just a night out
The hate hate hate a wedding too
They just seem like miserable and judgemental
I suppose their Tweeness makes them uncomfortable with anything remotely fun or viewed as tacky

Give me a four day break in Benidorm and a Willy straw and I’m more than happy
Same with weddings if you ask for money. They are shocked and claim no one does this and no one asks for gifts yet every wedding I've attended, including my own, has been gift list or a request for money

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.