Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some more outfits from Autumn thread. The vest top and combats is what they are wearing to a gig but will add a fleece to it...the other one seems to be someone attempting "quirky"

Things I've learned from the Mumsnet style and beauty pages...

No one dresses like a high earner
No one pays for a cleaner out of their high earner wage as their mirrors are always dirty
No one pays for interior design as their carpets are from 1980
Not many are are size 6 or 8 but morbidly obese at size 12s and 14s.
Style really is interpreted different by everyone
And people lie about how you really look!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
To be fair Xenia has never changed her story and always writes the same thing on every thread (earned 10x her husband, owned island, had to pay 7 figures to him in her divorce and sold the island, kids are lawyers and a postman, back at work after 2 weeks, etc etc). I worked out who she is once. I think she’s probably quite an awkward person in real life. She doesn’t seem to get social norms or have any empathy.

Edited to add: I remembered her first name so I just googled and found her again. Found a profile of herself that she had written and it’s basically her MN posts regurgitated 🤣 it’s 100% her and she is real.
If it's a profile of herself that she has written, who's to say any of it is actually true? :eek: :eek:

I could write a profile of Serene Serena, make up fake LinkdIn, Facebook and twitter accounts, all corroborating the fictitious fact that I live in a moated castle, earn elevently billion quid a year from my freelance design business, with my 7 gifted and talented children all privately educated Oxbridge material geniuses, my racehorses and labradors and multi-millionaire husband Eric.

Anyone can fake an online life. You only have to read about the Warrior Eli hoax to realise just how invested some people are, in pretending to be someone they're not.

Reactions: 8
Some more outfits from Autumn thread. The vest top and combats is what they are wearing to a gig but will add a fleece to it...the other one seems to be someone attempting "quirky"

Things I've learned from the Mumsnet style and beauty pages...

No one dresses like a high earner
No one pays for a cleaner out of their high earner wage as their mirrors are always dirty
No one pays for interior design as their carpets are from 1980
Not many are are size 6 or 8 but morbidly obese at size 12s and 14s.
Style really is interpreted different by everyone
And people lie about how you really look!
What, you mean you don’t wear a fleece to gigs? The second poster, especially if you look at her other outfits, has that thing where she somehow dresses like both a toddler and an OAP.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Their mirrors are filthy. One of them keeps posting photos with a giant handprint on the mirror. They need to sack their cleaner
2EB5B888-D2EC-4AE9-8488-147C9FACBEA2.jpeg

None of them seem to be acquainted with an iron either. Their £100 Sezane jumpers (old) all look really wrinkly.

And this one arrived at the soft play by donkey going by the headwear.
67B2DE94-75BE-49CE-B1F5-7684B2BBA2FD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Aw, they're just posing. We all do it for fun.

I took a snap a few months ago because I was astonished I'd accidentally got my hair looking like a regency updo just by shoving it back into a clip and my friend's response was "clean your mirror"

They did not admire my hair!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Are we meant to admire these terrible outfits?

You’re all absolutely right though, these photos prove a) they’re not petite size 6-8 and b) they don’t live in detached manor houses/converted barns/idyllic country cottages.

Reactions: 14
I feel a LOT better about the awful state of my wardrobe having seen some of these pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If it's a profile of herself that she has written, who's to say any of it is actually true? :eek: :eek:

I could write a profile of Serene Serena, make up fake LinkdIn, Facebook and twitter accounts, all corroborating the fictitious fact that I live in a moated castle, earn elevently billion quid a year from my freelance design business, with my 7 gifted and talented children all privately educated Oxbridge material geniuses, my racehorses and labradors and multi-millionaire husband Eric.

Anyone can fake an online life. You only have to read about the Warrior Eli hoax to realise just how invested some people are, in pretending to be someone they're not.
It’s on her company website, along with other press pieces about her/interviews she’s done. I pointed out she’d written one of them as the writing style is so clearly “Xenia”. But the other pieces written by other people all support her online persona.

(By “her company website” I mean the website for her legal practice, which is literally her surname dot com)

It’s legit.

Reactions: 3
I think that salary “game” thread has been deleted now. I find it interesting to know what other people’s jobs are and how much they earn but she shouldn’t have called it a game. Of course they all started to include their DH’s salaries and benefits too 🙄
That’s because they don’t have an identity of their own, it’s all mummy and wife and nothing else.

View attachment 1747666

Here's a horrendous example from the 'what I am wearing today Autumn/Winter 22' thread. The poor woman is wearing a skirt made from the same patterned fabric as the other prolific poster with the dodgy B&B carpet.
I thought this was going to be a piss take and it was someone wearing it to clean out cupboards or decorate until I read your post

• Haha
Reactions: 7
duck me! The outfits! I'm a dog walker & even I go out each day looking more trendy than these simpy dicks.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think that salary “game” thread has been deleted now. I find it interesting to know what other people’s jobs are and how much they earn but she shouldn’t have called it a game. Of course they all started to include their DH’s salaries and benefits too 🙄
No it's still there.

Excellent thread written by someone who spent 2.5h cooking and didn’t get a “thank you”
Some pure mumsnet gold in the responses, save for one sane one, who’s probably a Tattler (or will be soon 🤣)
Jesus.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
No it's still there.

Jesus.
I was once on an infamous MN chicken thread, where posters were arguing that although they only allowed 2 slices of chicken per person (that you could probably see through), they did a whole array of side dishes, like 3 kinds of potatoes, 12 assorted vegetable dishes, 9 different stuffing flavours etc…even though everyone claims to eat like a sparrow, unless it’s the DH or DS whence they are allowed to hoof down an entire goat for a snack, and anyone who is so stingy with meat is unlikely to provide a feast of other stuff.

One poster claimed to take a chicken out to the dinner table to give each person one slice, then take it back into the kitchen as they weren’t allowed anymore. There’d be a bloody riot in my house if I pulled that trick. One whole chicken would just about feed my husband, if I put one slice on his plate then told him that was his lot, he’d divorce me.

Try starting a thread about what to eat with lasagne though. The horrified faux gasps that you might serve chips AND garlic bread and not just the fabled massive salad will go on for days.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Theres a thread about England players taking the knee and lots of I'm not racist but comments appearing and then what looks like an obvious racist comment!

I was once on an infamous MN chicken thread, where posters were arguing that although they only allowed 2 slices of chicken per person (that you could probably see through), they did a whole array of side dishes, like 3 kinds of potatoes, 12 assorted vegetable dishes, 9 different stuffing flavours etc…even though everyone claims to eat like a sparrow, unless it’s the DH or DS whence they are allowed to hoof down an entire goat for a snack, and anyone who is so stingy with meat is unlikely to provide a feast of other stuff.

One poster claimed to take a chicken out to the dinner table to give each person one slice, then take it back into the kitchen as they weren’t allowed anymore. There’d be a bloody riot in my house if I pulled that trick. One whole chicken would just about feed my husband, if I put one slice on his plate then told him that was his lot, he’d divorce me.

Try starting a thread about what to eat with lasagne though. The horrified faux gasps that you might serve chips AND garlic bread and not just the fabled massive salad will go on for days.
Or if you admit to having cottage or shepherds pie with chips. Half of them need smelling salts to get over the shock

Attachments

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Theres a thread about England players taking the knee and lots of I'm not racist but comments appearing and then what looks like an obvious racist comment!

Or if you admit to having cottage or shepherds pie with chips. Half of them need smelling salts to get over the shock
I don’t get what that poster means about Morgan freeman being the ‘wrong kind of black’?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.