Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent thread written by someone who spent 2.5h cooking and didn’t get a “thank you”
Some pure mumsnet gold in the responses, save for one sane one, who’s probably a Tattler (or will be soon 🤣)

Reactions: 5
Current thread about what people earn and how old they are. OP got berated for saying she earned 49k and that is showing off as it is above average. Though the vast amounts of replies are people saying they earn 70, 80, 90k. A fair few 100k. How can they say 49k is showing off when according to MN most people earn 70k+.
Also Xenia replied. Obviously.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Current thread about what people earn and how old they are. OP got berated for saying she earned 49k and that is showing off as it is above average. Though the vast amounts of replies are people saying they earn 70, 80, 90k. A fair few 100k. How can they say 49k is showing off when according to MN most people earn 70k+.
They’re batshit. They can’t be content with what they have, nor can they be content with what others have (or apparently have)…

Is Xenia a fantasist like Crumbs? I can never work her out

Reactions: 4
I think that salary “game” thread has been deleted now. I find it interesting to know what other people’s jobs are and how much they earn but she shouldn’t have called it a game. Of course they all started to include their DH’s salaries and benefits too 🙄

• Haha
I think that salary “game” thread has been deleted now. I find it interesting to know what other people’s jobs are and how much they earn but she shouldn’t have called it a game. Of course they all started to include their DH’s salaries and benefits too 🙄
It doesn’t really make sense as 70k-£80k jobs are extremely busy, often 12 hour workdays, but yet they still have time to cook fresh meals for their DCs and take DD to all her sports and start AIBU threads about washing their fanny etc

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Screenshot_20221121_013709_Chrome.jpg

Here's a horrendous example from the 'what I am wearing today Autumn/Winter 22' thread. The poor woman is wearing a skirt made from the same patterned fabric as the other prolific poster with the dodgy B&B carpet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1747666

Here's a horrendous example from the 'what I am wearing today Autumn/Winter 22' thread. The poor woman is wearing a skirt made from the same patterned fabric as the other prolific poster with the dodgy B&B carpet.
She’s also got a1980s cheese plant in the background so obviously bang on trend. She looks like she’s raided a bin bag left outside the charity shop overnight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s also got a1980s cheese plant in the background so obviously bang on trend. She looks like she’s raided a bin bag left outside the charity shop overnight.
I love my cheese plant 🤷‍♀️

But none of their outfits ever give them away as being middle/upper class high earners though 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is Xenia a fantasist like Crumbs? I can never work her out
Same. I believe it was possible to Google her using some of the many things she’s bragged about over the years (like owning an island 🤣) but what I will NEVER understand is what would drive a woman who is so busy and so important to spend the last ten to fifteen YEARS boasting on Mumsnet.

That’s not normal.

I wonder if it’s partly to justify her own questionable decisions like going back to work two weeks after giving birth to all of her many kids 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Same. I believe it was possible to Google her using some of the many things she’s bragged about over the years (like owning an island 🤣) but what I will NEVER understand is what would drive a woman who is so busy and so important to spend the last ten to fifteen YEARS boasting on Mumsnet.

That’s not normal.

I wonder if it’s partly to justify her own questionable decisions like going back to work two weeks after giving birth to all of her many kids 🤷‍♀️
Bloody hell, what job has she got? I’ve never given birth but I’m wincing at the thought of sitting in my work chair all day two weeks after giving birth so I hope it’s something where you sit on a sofa!

• Haha
View attachment 1747666

She looks like she’s wearing a dog bed.

That’s not normal.

Yeah, that’s the thing I can’t work out with Xenia. She apparently has loads of kids, loads of money, works all hours and yet spends an inordinate amount of time bitchplopping on MN. And some of the stuff she claims to have/do is outrageous. I don’t believe her tbh. It’s entirely possible somebody has taken on the persona of some high profile person who’s been featured in the press, rather than it actually being that person.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, that’s the thing I can’t work out with Xenia. She apparently has loads of kids, loads of money, works all hours and yet spends an inordinate amount of time bitchplopping on MN. And some of the stuff she claims to have/do is outrageous. I don’t believe her tbh. It’s entirely possible somebody has taken on the persona of some high profile person who’s been featured in the press, rather than it actually being that person.
I agree. You’d always have people saying “Oh she’s totally for real” and I just never quite bought it. It’s all too weird, too outrageous and too implausible IMO.

I agree. You’d always have people saying “Oh she’s totally for real” and I just never quite bought it. It’s all too weird, too outrageous and too implausible IMO.
Her posts always seem so attention seeking as well. Like on a thread about someone saying they have 3 kids and are pregnant again and they don’t know how they’ll survive on benefits, along comes Xenia saying if she can have 6 kids and didn’t leave her desk even though she was in labour, so can anyone else, they just need to get the nanny and maid to look after the others. It reeks of bullshit. And because she doesn’t name change, everyone just goes ‘oh, it’s Xenia’. Even rich people aren’t that unempathetic, and she’s been on MN long enough to know that it’s not the done thing to rub your wealth in other people’s faces.

Reactions: 1
I don't really post on MN anymore because I got piled on for an innocent question so limped off feeling a bit hurt. But I met one of my best friends on there so it's not all bad :)

With Xenia some people said they had read her divorce case in the press. Whether this was the actual person is unsure but I'm inclined to believe it is.

To be fair Xenia has never changed her story and always writes the same thing on every thread (earned 10x her husband, owned island, had to pay 7 figures to him in her divorce and sold the island, kids are lawyers and a postman, back at work after 2 weeks, etc etc). I worked out who she is once. I think she’s probably quite an awkward person in real life. She doesn’t seem to get social norms or have any empathy.

Edited to add: I remembered her first name so I just googled and found her again. Found a profile of herself that she had written and it’s basically her MN posts regurgitated 🤣 it’s 100% her and she is real.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.