Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband doesn’t get BO. He hasn’t passed this “gift” on to our kids. They stink if they’ve not showered, just like me.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I looked for that thread and can't find it?

Admittedly I was super geeky at school and it wouldn't be unusual for me to revise that much for my GCSE's- but not so many months beforehand! More like April/May time if the exams were in June which I assume they still are?
That was the main post and two of the same posters ridiculous replies 😂

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Is this actually a pisstake? I did my GCSEs in 2009, apart from normal homework did no revision until pretty much the week/day before and managed to get 5A*s 4As and a C. Lots of my friends also did similar. One girl said she did 2 hours a day 2 months before and I remember thinking that was crazy, given we had homework. Revising 5 hours a weekend day in November? WTF? You haven’t even learnt all the content until April! Even in uni, which was actually hard, I revised 7 days a week 9-5pm for the month before but not before that - there’s no point.

On another topic, I think “working hard” is overrated. “Working efficiently” or “doing what you need to get to where you want but not any more” is more my style.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That was the main post and two of the same posters ridiculous replies 😂
Have these posters making their kids do 4 hours of revision a night after a full school day and commute and 5 hours each weekend day never heard of Jennifer Pan 😱

That’s over 70 hours a week plus any clubs/hobbies/chores/family visits/any errands they accompany the parents on eg shopping. When you add in meals, sleeping and showering, when is the time to relax/play. Most adults don’t have a schedule that packed!

There’s a balance between being ‘a lazy teens dream’ and ‘removing privileges’ until they have zero time to relax!

Reactions: 9
72779597-031A-47A2-978F-C62755C7B7B1.png

LOL because we should all dream of being investment bankers 😂

In real life no-one cares what uni you went to! The first company I worked in had people from a range of mostly RG unis - the girl who got promoted the most went to Man Met. And people who got 2.2s/3rds at uni are earning more money than me now with my 1st.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Their kids must be thick as tit if they need all that revision time. Me and my friends only revised during study leave and did alright, got As and Bs. Some of those friends even went to the coveted Oxbridge and RG unis. One of them actually is an investment banker and his life is bleeping sad, we've lost touch but last I heard he just worked all the time with no time for anything else, I wouldn't want that for my child.

I passed all but one of my exams with little or no studying. My friend created a study timetable that she stuck to rigidly from January until exams started in April. She made herself really sick with worry and failed most if not all of them despite being one of the best in all her classes. I felt bad that I was a lazy arse but confident in my exam passing abilities.

Reactions: 8
I laughed more than I should have at this 🤣 but you’ve got to question the mentality of someone who takes pleasure in cutting people down so brutally. Mn must be the most bitter, twisted, batshit corner of the internet.
The worse bit is that it's under the guise of women supporting women.

Reactions: 7
Their kids must be thick as tit if they need all that revision time. Me and my friends only revised during study leave and did alright, got As and Bs. Some of those friends even went to the coveted Oxbridge and RG unis. One of them actually is an investment banker and his life is bleeping sad, we've lost touch but last I heard he just worked all the time with no time for anything else, I wouldn't want that for my child.
Yep - think they need to look up the definition of “bright” because that’s definitely not it.

Reactions: 4
I am reading the thread about Husky puppies now.

Screenshot_20221108-211753_Chrome.jpg

I only drink rainwater out of puddles and that's a treat.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Five kids, I think, plus an ex she had to pay a million to after they divorced. She had an island at one point too but might’ve now sold it.

I am reading the thread about Husky puppies now.

View attachment 1715276

I only drink rainwater out of puddles and that's a treat.
I love that they’ve started this thread thinking that this is a flex when they’ll probably get piled on by the uber competitive sugarphobic types.

“Fizzy juice twice a month?! Is it your mission to rot the teeth out of your head and induce a diabetic coma, op? You might as well just shovel spoonfuls of sugar down your throat!”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love that they’ve started this thread thinking that this is a flex when they’ll probably get piled on by the uber competitive sugarphobic types.

“Fizzy juice twice a month?! Is it your mission to rot the teeth out of your head and induce a diabetic coma, op? You might as well just shovel spoonfuls of sugar down your throat!”
She'll also get ripped to pieces for calling a fizzy drink juice.

• Haha
Is this actually a pisstake? I did my GCSEs in 2009, apart from normal homework did no revision until pretty much the week/day before and managed to get 5A*s 4As and a C. Lots of my friends also did similar. One girl said she did 2 hours a day 2 months before and I remember thinking that was crazy, given we had homework. Revising 5 hours a weekend day in November? WTF? You haven’t even learnt all the content until April! Even in uni, which was actually hard, I revised 7 days a week 9-5pm for the month before but not before that - there’s no point.

On another topic, I think “working hard” is overrated. “Working efficiently” or “doing what you need to get to where you want but not any more” is more my style.
There are people on there that talk about increasing the studying for A Levels and all I can think is how they expect them to do school hours, plus 22 odd hours studying a week and working to contribute to the family pot as they are nearly adults and need to learn to budget to then be kicked out of home at 18 😂

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.