Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My spare bedroom has my chinchillas , clothes horses and laundry in general .

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Mine is full of junk. Every weekend I promise myself I’ll tackle it and every weekend I find something better to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
If I stayed round my friends house and they left a chocolate in my pillow and disposable slippers for me to wear, with a mini fridge and hot drink facilities I’d no joke think they’d had a mental breakdown.
What would happen here:

- mugs live here, tea and coffee live here, glass of water for night here
- drunk friend would go to sleep with choc on pillow and wake up to a very nasty scene

As for disposable slippers and minifridges, oh duck off!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If I stayed round my friends house and they left a chocolate in my pillow and disposable slippers for me to wear, with a mini fridge and hot drink facilities I’d no joke think they’d had a mental breakdown.
I’d think they were expecting a hotel style fee.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I remember a post on Mumsnet where the OP wanted to take down the xmas tree on xmas day evening because after lunch is served xmas is over, and she couldn't understand why her DD was getting upset about it

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I remember a post on Mumsnet where the OP wanted to take down the xmas tree on xmas day evening because after lunch is served xmas is over, and she couldn't understand why her DD was getting upset about it
Why would anyone do that? I don’t understand why she’d deliberately upset her child. On the other hand, I don’t understand people who plan for Christmas all year long. The day itself must be such a let down.

" In our house all clothes and linen are dried on a line outside, placed on the AGA overnight or hung to dry in the laundry room. No need to have clothes hanging all over the house."

From the 'working class shows' thread in AIBU. How the other half live eh?!

And the guest bedroom thread is hilarious, I read the whole thing through with my jaw on the floor :LOL:

• Haha
Those guest room posts were hilarious, ditto the en suite ones (in which nobody's DH should ever defecate in!?) MN reminds me of the bad old days of NCT where it was all one upmanship.

Reactions: 3
Those guest room posts were hilarious, ditto the en suite ones (in which nobody's DH should ever defecate in!?) MN reminds me of the bad old days of NCT where it was all one upmanship.
Most of them hate en suites and want to turn them into walk in wardrobes. If I were buying a house where they had done that it would put me right off.

Reactions: 6
Why would anyone do that? I don’t understand why she’d deliberately upset her child. On the other hand, I don’t understand people who plan for Christmas all year long. The day itself must be such a let down.
Most of them seem to put the tree up Christmas Eve and take it down Boxing day morning with everything packed away. Ours goes up last weekend November (takes 2 full days to decorate our house!) And stays up till January

They seem to turn into competitive Grinchs, "oh my tree stays up for 30 mins Christmas morning"

Its definitely a weird place!!

Most of them seem to put the tree up Christmas Eve and take it down Boxing day morning with everything packed away. Ours goes up last weekend November (takes 2 full days to decorate our house!) And stays up till January

They seem to turn into competitive Grinchs, "oh my tree stays up for 30 mins Christmas morning"

Its definitely a weird place!!
The threads about when people but their trees up ALWAYS get competitive. You also get the horrible Anne Widdecombe types pontificating about how in "their day" no decorations were put up before xmas eve. This is BS anyway as I was watching an old episode of Coronation street from the 1960s and they were all putting up their decs as soon as 1st December came around

That’s normal! I got a tiara for my 18th birthday! It was like this one 😂
I didn't get one of them til my 30th, clearly I grew up in deprivation!
No, never heard the environment being mentioned in such posts. I aways hear that one being bandied about when it comes to having children though! I have never in real life heard someone say they don't want children because of environmental concerns yet it seems to be be a huge thing on MUMSnet, which I find rather ironic.
Speaking as someone who doesn't have or want children myself, I'm pretty sure all the people who don't have children 'for environmental reasons' don't want them anyway, and either feel they need to justify their decision for some reason or just want an excuse to look down on other people's choices.

Reactions: 10

Speaking as someone who doesn't have or want children myself, I'm pretty sure all the people who don't have children 'for environmental reasons' don't want them anyway, and either feel they need to justify their decision for some reason or just want an excuse to look down on other people's choices.
Did you grow up in *shudder* the north?

I don’t want children but not for environmental reasons, it’s a side benefit but I can’t claim to be an angel for it because if I wanted ten kids I’d have them and give no thought to the

Yeah I’m one of those people that haven’t had kids. I work with them, find them amazing and that’s enough. I don’t really have the maternal pull at all to have my own and luckily my partner is the same so maybe that decision is easier.

But part of the decision making was also considering the fact was the environment. I don’t want to feel guilty for bringing a child into the world right now. Those children and their children are facing a tit show of a future in the planet with climate change that’s already shown it’s face this year Nah. It’s not a ‘justification’ on my part though I’m happy not to have kids. it’s a real worry for me. I’ve followed climate change since I was a kid and learning about recycling.

Sorry if that offends other people which it sometimes does but that’s my honest thoughts. So basically my point is that we do exist.

I get it lots can happen to anyone that’s life and people have lived through wars etc but it’s not for me at all. Back to mumsnet!

No, never heard the environment being mentioned in such posts. I aways hear that one being bandied about when it comes to having children though! I have never in real life heard someone say they don't want children because of environmental concerns yet it seems to be be a huge thing on MUMSnet, which I find rather ironic.

I don't have any kids yet either. Saw it mentioned on practically almost every single thread on the larger families board.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.