Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my favourite pastimes is putting a subject into Google and putting "Mumsnet" after it

<bookmarking for a rainy day> :LOL:
It's great because you get all the really old threads that wouldn't come up on the homepage 😂

For example:
Screenshot_2022-10-25-16-28-06-55.jpg

I bet these threads are all a laugh 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Some parents on Mumsnet seem rather controlling.
One of my favourite pastimes is putting a subject into Google and putting "Mumsnet" after it, and you get some really funny threads 😂
For example, I was wondering what they'd say about the bank card "GoHenry" and some posters were all over it saying how they loved it because they can track everything their child does with their money! (I know a parent who does this, I'm surprised she's not a MN user)
And if they want to, the parent can block them from being able to spend in certain shops! I think they all have too much time on their hands if they have the time to constantly check up on something like that. A lot of commitment 😂
I'm too tight to pay the monthly fee for a GoHenry card.

Though they are good for teaching children how to budget if they cant yet get a debit card and you can pay their pocket money on to it.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know ANYONE who can wear bright red lipstick and not look like a drag queen.
But Mumsnet swears by it. Classic, timeless and all that jazz.
I certainly couldn't, also if it smudges it soon looks shite.

I want another designer bag thread, they're always worth a gander.

I'm too tight to pay the monthly fee for a GoHenry card.

Though they are good for teaching children how to budget if they cant yet get a debit card and you can pay their pocket money on to it.
Me too but I agree that they're a good idea.

Reactions: 1
I don’t know ANYONE who can wear bright red lipstick and not look like a drag queen.
But Mumsnet swears by it. Classic, timeless and all that jazz.
For too long I believed the myth that there’s a bright lipstick for everyone. It’s a lie, I look like a clown every time. Neutrals all the way thanks.

There's a thread in AIBU, something like WIBU to call the police. OP is getting an absolute hammering for raising potential issue of County Lines. The ignorance of many of those posters is absolutely astounding.

Reactions: 6
Only ever lurked on this thread here but it makes me smile. MN just is so horribly cringe I can’t help reading it sometimes (more from when I had a newborn and thought I was the only one with a child that never slept lol)

There’s a thread now about how much ppl have in savings accounts. I read the threads with my eyes rolling into the back of my head. Are these ppl legit or made up with these huge sums saved? Seems a stretch always

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Are these ppl legit or made up with these huge sums saved?
I’m gonna go with made up 😆 It’s the same if anyone mentions pensions. They’ve all been putting money into a pension since the minute they were born and if anyone asks what to do with an inheritance or a bonus, they’re always like, ‘put it in a pension!’. Someone suggested putting a possible £25,000 work bonus in a pension on a thread yesterday so the OP could continue getting child benefit (because that’s the only ‘benefit’ it’s acceptable to receive on MN).

• Haha
  • Wow
For too long I believed the myth that there’s a bright lipstick for everyone. It’s a lie, I look like a clown every time. Neutrals all the way thanks.
There’s certainly no bright red that suits me. I just look like I’ve been embalmed and the undertaker has tried to make me look decent. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m gonna go with made up 😆 It’s the same if anyone mentions pensions. They’ve all been putting money into a pension since the minute they were born and if anyone asks what to do with an inheritance or a bonus, they’re always like, ‘put it in a pension!’. Someone suggested putting a possible £25,000 work bonus in a pension on a thread yesterday so the OP could continue getting child benefit (because that’s the only ‘benefit’ it’s acceptable to receive on MN).
Mental isnt it? When i actually take time to read them, I think oh duck am I the only one in the world who hasnt got much saved ... ? MN is def the rich persons tattle if we're to believe all these humble brag posts 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
There's a thread in AIBU, something like WIBU to call the police. OP is getting an absolute hammering for raising potential issue of County Lines. The ignorance of many of those posters is absolutely astounding.
Yes but she’s decided it’s County Lines because of the young man’s rucksack and determined walk to the phone box. And the fact he’s left his toddler sibling with older siblings at the park, announcing Mum’s gone!

Mum has probably gone to work and teenager has just delegated baby sitting duties to his younger siblings, while he retro style phones his girlfriend from a phone box, to invite her back to his. “Mum’s at work, the little ones are in the park, let’s duck!”

Reactions: 2
Yes but she’s decided it’s County Lines because of the young man’s rucksack and determined walk to the phone box. And the fact he’s left his toddler sibling with older siblings at the park, announcing Mum’s gone!

Mum has probably gone to work and teenager has just delegated baby sitting duties to his younger siblings, while he retro style phones his girlfriend from a phone box, to invite her back to his. “Mum’s at work, the little ones are in the park, let’s duck!”
I kind of get that, but she works in CP in some way - I think she did exactly the right thing. And stand by my point about the ignorance about county lines. When I was a secondary school gov (about 7 years ago now) county lines was absolutely huge on our radar, even back then. So I'm really surprised how many are ready to just laugh it off.

Reactions: 6
Oh God! I can’t stop laughing. There’s a thread titled ‘What did you get for your daughter’s 18th birthday.’ Our very upper class friend (she wishes) apparently gave each of hers, among other things, a family tiara! 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder why you would want to go online and tell complete strangers how much you have in savings? It's all very strange.

S&B is a tragic comedy at this point. You used to be able to have a good chinwag about all sorts, but now it's much more political and savage. Everyone is so unfathomably uptight about everything.

Perhaps I should start a thread asking people to join in and enjoy not sharing their financial credentials, see how many jump on board and keep it zipped, lol. I hear tumbleweeds...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
We also had a "how much do you have in savings" thread here too. It all depends on individual circumstances. Paying for childcare, university etc.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.