Mumsnet #6 Did you mean so be so rude?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are some utter twats on there who claim to have been gifted and talented in primary school
That’s just not a thing, not back in the 80s or 90s and even if it was (I obviously missed that label) who the duck would remember they were labelled as gifted and talented let alone brag about it on MN
It was probably a label bestowed upon them by their idiot parents rather than the school.
'Oh Balonz, you're so talented darling' 🥰
Just because he managed to bang out three blind mice on the recorder when he was seven.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There are some utter twats on there who claim to have been gifted and talented in primary school
That’s just not a thing, not back in the 80s or 90s and even if it was (I obviously missed that label) who the duck would remember they were labelled as gifted and talented let alone brag about it on MN
G&T as a thing at schools wasn’t introduced until 1997 (or possibly 1995, I can’t remember exactly but late 90s for sure). Not that you couldn’t be labelled as bright before then, but the whole thing about schools having to officially provide support for high achievers didn’t really exist until then. Also, as a label it’s fairly pointless as in most cases it was just the top X percent of the class, so it was never really comparable to getting a proper assessment by an educational psychologist and an official IQ test. I know someone who was put in the G&T group for Home Economics …

Reactions: 7
I wish they wouldn't say perimenopause as it reminds me of peri mayo and we live nowhere near a nandos :(
They love throwing that around like confetti.
If you're aged between 25 and 45, you're Peri.
If you're aged between 45 and dead, you're a demented narcissist.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The rampant snobbery over there makes me howl with laughter sometimes. Always name dropping their designer label clothes, kitchen appliances, flooring, children’s hobbies, holidays etc. Honestly, who gives a tit where you sourced your wallpaper from!! I’m pretty sure most of the braggarts on there are writing about the life they wish they were living, with two gifted and talented children, Saskia and Milo. A 4 storey house in North London or a picturesque cottage in a twee village out of Midsomer Murders is mandatory, as is the high earning DH.

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

• Haha
The rampant snobbery over there makes me howl with laughter sometimes. Always name dropping their designer label clothes, kitchen appliances, flooring, children’s hobbies, holidays etc. Honestly, who gives a tit where you sourced your wallpaper from!! I’m pretty sure most of the braggarts on there are writing about the life they wish they were living, with two gifted and talented children, Saskia and Milo. A 4 storey house in North London or a picturesque cottage in a twee village out of Midsomer Murders is mandatory, as is the high earning DH.

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
There are so many braggers on the MN Style and Beauty board, saying how disappointed they are in the fabric of their £400 dress

Reactions: 6
There are so many braggers on the MN Style and Beauty board, saying how disappointed they are in the fabric of their £400 dress
Or when someone asks for advice on a frock for a wedding and is is inundated with photos of sacklike dresses in grey and beige costing hundreds of pounds and look like charity shop rejects.

• Haha
Everyone on there also has kids that are on the 98th centile for height but the minus-50th centile for weight. ‘Oh where can I possibly buy trousers for Jocasta? She’s sooooo tall but sooooo skinny’

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I left school in 1998 and when I was in my last year they brought in Gifted and Talented. I remember loads of kids being really upset because they didn't get singled out despite being in the top sets. I'm not really sure what it entailed back then though, it was probably nothing like today.

Reactions: 6
Mine both appeared to be thick as two short planks at school. They both went to uni, got 2:1 degrees and are both working (albeit neither currently in their degree subjects). There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
BIB - Of course they are.
I won't mention any specific names but I'm sure many are familiar with the hotel room story - a prolific poster tried to pretend it was her own bedroom. Someone posted the photo from the hotel website but she still tried to pretend 🤣.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
BIB - Of course they are.
I won't mention any specific names but I'm sure many are familiar with the hotel room story - a prolific poster tried to pretend it was her own bedroom. Someone posted the photo from the hotel website but she still tried to pretend 🤣.
Was if someone who claimed her husband lost a car?

Reactions: 2
Was if someone who claimed her husband lost a car?
Not that I know of.
She used to post about this fantasy highflying lifestyle.
Both on six figure salaries (I'm sure) high achieving family and so on.

I used to read Jilly Cooper books years ago - I think they were her inspiration 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not that I know of.

I used to read Jilly Cooper books years ago - I think they were her inspiration 🤣
I think it’s the poster I’m thinking of; gifted and talented, beautiful kids? Lots of farrow and ball paint?

Everyone on there has ‘gifted and talented’ kids and they all end up at Russell Group unis and in the ‘top 1% of earners’ 😂
I'm fed up of hearing of bleeping RG Unis....there are other perfectly excellent universities apart from this self selected group of Unis who just happened to meet at a hotel in London called the Russell hotel in the 90's - now called the Kimpton Fitzroy in Bloomsbury

Reactions: 11
Not that I know of.

I believe that she’s been banned. I remember her under three different usernames but she was so easy to spot. I miss her fantasies. Especially the one about Christmas Eve in her village with the sheep and every house hosting a different course for supper.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I believe that she’s been banned. I remember her under three different usernames but she was so easy to spot. I miss her fantasies. Especially the one about Christmas Eve in her village with the sheep and every house hosting a different course for supper.
Yes! 🤣 The sheep and the fairy lights 🤣
She had a good run on there, in fairness 🤣

I'd complain if I spent that much on a dress and it was bloody polyester or viscose and bad seam finishing. Looking at you, Reiss.

I do get sick of all the Skinnies are aging threads. No one outside MN cares if jeans are skinny or baggy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Early menopause is the new early onset dementia. I’ve never known a woman unable to function and fall apart the second her body even considers starting menopause. It’s like the olden days on there where you just take to your bed at 28 because you’re basically done. So many threads where someone says they’re 30/32/35 and want a baby and they’re told they’ve probably got about 3 eggs left and they’re riddled with diseases that old women pass onto their children because they’re just so old, so they either need to have a baby NOW or forget it.
I hate the dismissive posters when someone starts a thread saying ‘I’m 42, DH is 50, we want to TTC’
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with anyone of childbearing age having a child if they want a family.

There’s no guarantee, at any age, that your child will be born healthy, also sadly, no guarantee you won’t die before your child reaches adulthood. So go ahead and have your family! If the school gate mums sneer at you for being an older mum, then it’s a win/win situation - you know which people to avoid being friends with 😂

If it was a 62yo planning to go to Romania for embryo implantation, I could understand the outrage and negativity.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.