Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually remembered the thing that absolutely annoys me the most in there... nicknames.

"I like the name Tom as nickname, what shall I name my child?" Erm....Tom?
"I want my child to have to nickname Potato, what shall I name them?"
"I am naming my child Potato, their nickname will be Pot"

No no no. If you like a name, then name them that. And you cannot CHOOSE a nickname, they are something that happens organically and have a story behind them.
Rant over.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don't want anyone touching my baby, not at all, ever. My MIL has had two coldsores, once in the 70's and again in '98 I'm really unhappy that she thinks she should be able to come to my house! I can't believe she would take such a risk.

Neither me or my husband have ever kissed our baby, well certainly no higher than the ankle, those germs travel you know. AIBU to put my babies health first?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't want anyone touching my baby, not at all, ever. My MIL has had two coldsores, once in the 70's and again in '98 I'm really unhappy that she thinks she should be able to come to my house! I can't believe she would take such a risk.

Neither me or my husband have ever kissed our baby, well certainly no higher than the ankle, those germs travel you know. AIBU to put my babies health first?
Of course you’re not being unreasonable! Sounds like you have a DH problem, why isn’t he sticking up for you against his mum? Could he be having an affair?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Of course you’re not being unreasonable! Sounds like you have a DH problem, why isn’t he sticking up for you against his mum? Could he be having an affair?
Well I have previously asked him to leave after he went on his annual night out and came home at 9.15pm when he absolutely promised me he would be home BY 9.

Not only did he come home in the middle of the night but he very VERY nearly woke me up, made toast and didn't even bother to put his plate in the dishwasher afterwards. He just loses control on these wild nights and I really can't have that around the new baby.

Unfortunately I haven't worked for 6 years as we were TTC so he pays for everything. As a new mum I obviously won't be able to work for the next 11 years so I will need to get my ducks in a row.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
………should’ve thrown his stuff into bin bags and left them outside the door and remember to change the locks! Dealbreaker for me. I’m actually shaking in anger on your behalf !

• Haha
Well I have previously asked him to leave after he went on his annual night out and came home at 9.15pm when he absolutely promised me he would be home BY 9.

Not only did he come home in the middle of the night but he very VERY nearly woke me up, made toast and didn't even bother to put his plate in the dishwasher afterwards. He just loses control on these wild nights and I really can't have that around the new baby.

Unfortunately I haven't worked for 6 years as we were TTC so he pays for everything. As a new mum I obviously won't be able to work for the next 11 years so I will need to get my ducks in a row.
Get all of your important documents together and hide them in the boot of your car NOW.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes! Get your ducks in a row. So sorry this happened to you OP….. <followed by lots of ‘you ok Op?’ because tbh, we’re only here for the gossip>

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I couldn’t sleep last night as I was refreshing this thread 1000 times a minute to see if OP was ok. My heart is breaking and I care so much for you, OP, even though I don’t know you. I’ve even neglected my own DS7, DD5, DD4, DDog15 and divorced my DH just to keep up to date with this (juicy gossip) thread.

• Haha
OP, have you thought of taking in ironing? Or do you have anything you can sell on Facebook? * unmumsnet hug *

• Haha
How quickly can you learn to drive? You could do home takeaway deliveries, parcels. When I was struggling financially (DH was only making a five figure salary at the time..I know! I know!) I found getting rid of the au pair and nanny freed up some much needed cash for our annual 5 holidays abroad, could you do something like that OP? <head tilt>

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Actually remembered the thing that absolutely annoys me the most in there... nicknames.

"I like the name Tom as nickname, what shall I name my child?" Erm....Tom?
"I want my child to have to nickname Potato, what shall I name them?"
"I am naming my child Potato, their nickname will be Pot"

No no no. If you like a name, then name them that. And you cannot CHOOSE a nickname, they are something that happens organically and have a story behind them.
Rant over.
I always think the same!! ‘I’m calling her Matilda, Tilly for short…’ well call her bliddy Tilly then!! Or ‘Ottilie’s sister is….?’ Who cares?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They so so so desperate want every man go be having an affair.

"My husband are an apple".
"He is trying to get fit for his other woman."
"My husband has taken the dog for a walk."
"He must be at an orgy cos he is a dog himself."

Reactions: 3
Am on a real roll this morning :) but if anyone ever needs a laugh then I would recommend the Style & Beauty board on MN. Genuinely great on days you're feeling down, it's unintentionally funny, the threads about shoes especially so, they have such such awful taste that I really don't think there's anything online that makes me laugh so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Maybe call Womans Aid? They can help in abusive situations.

You and your child deserve better. LEAVE. NOW

The capsule wardrobe always starts with a trench coat….
Yet in my daily day to day life, I cannot remember the last time I saw someone wearing a trench coat.

I know they were a trend a few years ago but I'm not sure they are now

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.