Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read the "I hate Barbecues thread". They're so bloody miserable, it's beyond belief. I actually think some of them love being miserable about every single thing.

Reactions: 10
Just read the "I hate Barbecues thread". They're so bloody miserable, it's beyond belief. I actually think some of them love being miserable about every single thing.
Yes that’s a running theme over there. People daring to enjoy their gardens in the summer months and not sit in complete silence.

Reactions: 13
Hi can anyone recommend a tutor for the 4+ exam. Tiberus is already grade 5 in piano and violin. I really want to get him into Oxford. If he doesn’t get into Weatherby prep he’s doomed and would have to go to the school down the road with the patents who do drop offs in their PJs instead of being dropped off by the driver and nanny.

Also is this pregnancy test positive? I’ve only done 4 tests. I know If i can’t read a pregnancy test I’m too young to be having sex, but can you see the line?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Just spotted this delightful gem.

8AF80440-1BEA-40B0-8ECB-81004BA72BF3.png

This was from a thread of misery about the upcoming Jubilee.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm reading what do you spend your money on if you're a high earner. Omg it's so cringy , I think half of them are taking the piss!!!

Reactions: 8
Hi can anyone recommend a tutor for the 4+ exam. Tiberus is already grade 5 in piano and violin. I really want to get him into Oxford. If he doesn’t get into Weatherby prep he’s doomed and would have to go to the school down the road with the patents who do drop offs in their PJs instead of being dropped off by the driver and nanny.

Also is this pregnancy test positive? I’ve only done 4 tests. I know If i can’t read a pregnancy test I’m too young to be having sex, but can you see the line?
Does he have hollow legs? If so, I can probably recommend someone.

I am on a six figure salary and manage ten thousand people, also I have a tinkly little laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone reading the neuro diverse one? My god talk about tying yourself in knots. Posters love a bit of competitive disability grandstanding.

It's all boiled down to whether a teenage girl is incapable of making a sandwich because she is blind or because she is autistic.

Should she risk mistaking marmite for peanut butter and potentially killing off one of her class mates? Has no one considered something as drastic as *putting the peanut butter on a different shelf to the marmite?*

Is pollution, screens, elderly sperm, plastic toxins or my personal favourite, forward facing prans to blame?

And my favourite post - during most of history the ADHD kids would be warriors loving the crazy pace and interesting changes of scenery. Autistic kids would be monks or nuns, enjoying routine and indulging their favourite topics in libraries and scribing information, and no one would even notice about the dyslexic kids because we were all illiterate anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
AIBU ?

My DH only works 14 hours a day for our 6 figure salary and he had the NERVE to say he needed a rest when I asked him to do the dishes after I slaved away in front of a microwave for his evening meal. We got into a massive row because his behaviour has been sketchy lately, he goes upstairs quite a lot, he says he’s sleeping after working all day but I’m pretty convinced he’s having affair because he was 15 minutes late home from work the other day, so …

AIBU ?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
When their husbands or bf have a few drinks with their mates they go off their head with anger and stress. Like what’s that issue?

I wish they could experience me being drunk after a night out, so I could truly reassure them that it could be worse. I’ve stumbled in the door at 5am drunk and stoned out of my mind, McDonald’s in hand, done a 360 somersault over the bed, break the slats of the bed all because I’ve tripped on the end of the frame, soak the bathroom because I tried to take my makeup off, keep moving and twisting cause I keep getting the spinnies, then wake them up offering previously mentioned McDonald’s and because I’m singing songs and want to tell them stories of the night then proceed to dry heave in the waste bin all while crying.

I think they’d take me to court for spousal abuse.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Years ago there was a thread about TV shows jumping the shark. MNers were lining up to say they didn't know what that meant *tinkly laugh* and that you can't just make up phrases and expect people to understand what you mean!

• Haha
Anyone reading the neuro diverse one? My god talk about tying yourself in knots. Posters love a bit of competitive disability grandstanding.

It's all boiled down to whether a teenage girl is incapable of making a sandwich because she is blind or because she is autistic.

Should she risk mistaking marmite for peanut butter and potentially killing off one of her class mates? Has no one considered something as drastic as *putting the peanut butter on a different shelf to the marmite?*

Is pollution, screens, elderly sperm, plastic toxins or my personal favourite, forward facing prans to blame?

And my favourite post - during most of history the ADHD kids would be warriors loving the crazy pace and interesting changes of scenery. Autistic kids would be monks or nuns, enjoying routine and indulging their favourite topics in libraries and scribing information, and no one would even notice about the dyslexic kids because we were all illiterate anyway.
That thread has really pissed me off. It's how everyone's an expert, why was no one at school in the 70s Autistic (I went in the 90s and 00s and wasn't diagnosed until 2012 and had so many difficulties that mostly were ignored) and how those of us who are "high functioning" don't have problems, supposedly. I wouldn't have got my diagnosis if I didn't have problems.

• Heart
Please can you all help me , I need a support to stop me going on there.

Today's bat tit thread is "high earners how do you spend your money" and the first poster and her husband earn £140k, lots of them trying to out-do each other, including one couple who earn so they save ALL of her husbands salary...had to stop reading when one poster said "£140k isn't a lot".

• Sad
Reactions: 9
AIBU ?

My DH only works 14 hours a day for our 6 figure salary and he had the NERVE to say he needed a rest when I asked him to do the dishes after I slaved away in front of a microwave for his evening meal. We got into a massive row because his behaviour has been sketchy lately, he goes upstairs quite a lot, he says he’s sleeping after working all day but I’m pretty convinced he’s having affair because he was 15 minutes late home from work the other day, so …

AIBU ?
LTB! Change the locks and get a free half hour with a solicitor.
But... most of all, keep us updated. I'm already shaking and crying on your behalf anyway. 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
There’s a prolific poster (you’ll know who I mean) who starts every post with ‘What are you getting out of this relationship now?’ ‘What did learn about relationships growing up?’ I see she’s now starting with ‘How can we help you leave your abuser?’ Everyone on MN is being abused, usually by a narc….

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh my god another thread about how Europeans, especially the French, are superior to us.

Reactions: 4
Mumsnet article on daily mail today, i have to say I’m a bit shocked at how many people have commented that they regret having their children/don’t enjoy parenthood. It can be very stressful at times but I can’t say I regret it personally.

Reactions: 8
They love to diagnose people with narcissistic personality disorders, nearly every second person on there was married to one or their MiL is one. Yet NPD is actually quite rare and you need to see a psychiatrist and go through multiple tests to even be diagnosed with it. Why even bother with medical school and intensive training if a MN yummy mummy can tell you what mental disorder someone has just by interacting with them.

On a serious note it’s actually quite hurtful for people who actually have personality disorders to be so stigmatised by those witches, it seems that if they don’t like a person they will diagnose them with a personality disorder, or if someone doesn’t behave, talk or even have the same interests as them that person is on the spectrum!

You can’t just go around diagnosing people you don’t like, even if you have a degree in “Google search”

Bunch of freaks over there.

Oh my god another thread about how Europeans, especially the French, are superior to us.
They barely have a grasp on the English language over there yet would like to convince us they’re bilingual.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.