Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have u seen the post wondering if her husband was having an affair if he was wearing his sexy underwear to work. Turns out they are mesh boxers and I’m not seeing the attraction here!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
New in : No, Mumnset! No one with any basic level of education asks what a lesbian wears to a wedding.

It's sunk to tabloid-esque junk at this point. Not even worth winding them up. I think it's just clearly deliberate, not to mention desperate at this point. I am beginning to wonder if most of these are started by Justine 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Have u seen the post wondering if her husband was having an affair if he was wearing his sexy underwear to work. Turns out they are mesh boxers and I’m not seeing the attraction here!
BIB - they sound utterly grim. Perhaps the husband is trying to fend someone off if he's wearing those...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i genuinely don’t understand what gifted and talented is/was for these twats posting and showing off.
I was in secondary school in the 90s there was no such thing as a gifted and talented child. You either did well or you didn’t.
And you just know that these parents are blaming their kids crappy behaviour on being too bright 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 5
New in : No, Mumnset! No one with any basic level of education asks what a lesbian wears to a wedding.

It's sunk to tabloid-esque junk at this point. Not even worth winding them up. I think it's just clearly deliberate, not to mention desperate at this point. I am beginning to wonder if most of these are started by Justine 😅
Doesnt a lesbian wear whatever they like to a wedding, just like anyone else, sticking to the dress code if there is one obvs? I fail to understand what your sexuality has to do with your dress choice??

Ah, and 'is this normal wear and tear' basically a goady thread for refugee bashing. Probs daily fail having a slow day, sending a journo over to inspect the mood for the next general election .

Doesnt a lesbian wear whatever they like to a wedding, just like anyone else, sticking to the dress code if there is one obvs? I fail to understand what your sexuality has to do with your dress choice??
Oooh I thought it was baggy dungarees, striped socks, 8 hole docs, buzz cut, tattoos :unsure:
At least something that would frighten the poor, repressed, nun-like souls of mumsnet who'd still shag anything with a penis for a 7 figure mortgage in a leafy suburb/catchment area of astonishingly good schools.

Some recent MN wisdom :
. Rich people never tan as they are more intelligent regarding UV protection.
. "We don't have fat friends as we live in a wealthy area" (I quote, this was a real comment).
. Will vote for any politician if female as it's the feminist thing to do.
. No one looks good in a bra unless it's 4 sizes too small.
. All minorities are suspect.
. Carbs are satanic even though still 3 stone overweight after quitting them a decade ago.
. Say 'gosh, my days, i am so cross and golly' a lot because they think talking like an Enid Blyton character will convince people they're middle class.
. Mention ponies in a totally unrelated thread, because DID I MENTION I HAVE A PONY?
. Hope people don't notice many working class people own horses.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
i genuinely don’t understand what gifted and talented is/was for these twats posting and showing off.
I was in secondary school in the 90s there was no such thing as a gifted and talented child. You either did well or you didn’t.
And you just know that these parents are blaming their kids crappy behaviour on being too bright 🙄
It’s different now. There are FB groups full of parents boasting about their “profoundly gifted” children, and hand wringing about schools not recognising their genius, and how terribly bored their little darlings are. And yes, they blame any struggles on being far too intelligent to get on with their peers.

My cousins child is ‘gifted and talented’ and what it means is that from an early age she’s been given harder books to read and more advanced maths work. She’ll probably also do a couple of GCSE’s early. Her parents don’t crow about it, I only know because my Auntie told me and to be honest it’s no different to one of my friends in the 90’s who also read more advanced books and did harder maths because she was very bright. That’s it.

Reactions: 7
I read this when I was up in the night with the baby, yeah it sounded a bit suspicious as he’d cheated before BUT everyone on there goes straight into hysterics!

People were suggesting (at nearly midnight) that she should get a cab to his work to see if he was there. Then when she said she had a toddler and a baby, some people were saying go anyway and take them (?!) and others were saying send a note in a taxi and ask the driver to pass it to him if he’s there 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
My friend’s kid has a diagnosis of being double gifted. It’s very rare and extremely hard work to parent the child.

My eldest was classed as “gifted and talented” when he was in primary, got the second highest sats score in his school, went on to high school and did really well for the first 2 years. Then year 9 hit and he lost interest, didn’t work as hard and pissed about with his mates too much. He still got the equivalent to an A and is a bright young man but he quit college and now stacks shelves. So yeah, being gifted doesn’t necessarily mean anything and not sure my rambling means much either 😂 🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Am avoiding the site so haven't seen the what should a lesbian wear to her wedding thread but reminded me of how in every clothes thread they think white trainers and leather/denim jackets are the height of fashion.

• Haha
Am avoiding the site so haven't seen the what should a lesbian wear to her wedding thread but reminded me of how in every clothes thread they think white trainers and leather/denim jackets are the height of fashion.
They always say everything is 'dated', usually when it has been back on trend for months or years. They're terrified of being frumpy but make the frumpiest suggestions. I feel sorry for the regular women who innocently pop into S&B for advice - she will either get savaged for saying the wrong thing or told everything she likes is ageing.
It's a mass of contradictions too - they stress that they're all feminists who care about the planet and cost of living, yet openly laugh at women who wear cheap/affordable clothes. Ha, and they always, without fail, claim to buy everything in the sale. Bullshit! Everything is ageing according to MN, especially enjoying the sunlight for more than 5 minutes per year. It's all a boast about accepting yourself as you are whilst claiming botox and fillers saved their lives.

Reactions: 4
A lot of them seem to ask about getting a ‘pixie hair crop’ in S&B but the truth is that it’s a very hard look to pull off for most of us. Unless you’re Mia Farrow or Linda Evangelista then it’s going to make you look as frump as duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A lot of them seem to ask about getting a ‘pixie hair crop’ in S&B but the truth is that it’s a very hard look to pull off for most of us. Unless you’re Mia Farrow or Linda Evangelista then it’s going to make you look as frump as duck.
Ah, call my a cynic but I think this is exactly why they push people to get the chop! They want other women to look like tit, keeps DH in check :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Anyone read the thread where the 27 year old son has just had a baby a few weeks ago with his GF. He wants to move back to his parents from Mon to Fri so he can get a good night sleep!! 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
there was a post on the AIBU bit and the post asked if it was unreasonable that she went to the cafe with her friend and her friend ended up eating lunch
Anyway yes the post was being silly and unreasonable and she admitted, probably after reflecting, that she was probably being a bit sensitive
She even replied to ppl saying she sees that she was being a bit ridiculous and takes on board the feedback

but omg the bleeping vile witches of MN had their pitchforks well and truly out
The post OP was torn to shreds
Even when she had accepted she was in the wrong just horrible sanctimonious tit thrown at her
Being really unapologetically mean for no reason

Mad thread at moment about jack monroe and COD, like anyone gives a shiny tit about either.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.