Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of ‘middle class’ clothing, has anyone seen the dinosaur jumper thread? OP has taken umbrage because someone in M&S has apparently laughed at her dino jumper. The thread is swinging between ‘love your jumper! I want one’ and ‘duck that woman, she’s a bleeping witch and I’d have nutted her if she’d laughed at me. She should just #bekind 🥰’.

I don’t believe for a second that anyone noticed her jumper when she went out, she just wants acknowledgement of how quirky she is (try harder. It’s just a jumper. Maybe add a statement necklace next time).

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Speaking of ‘middle class’ clothing, has anyone seen the dinosaur jumper thread? OP has taken umbrage because someone in M&S has apparently laughed at her dino jumper. The thread is swinging between ‘love your jumper! I want one’ and ‘duck that woman, she’s a bleeping witch and I’d have nutted her if she’d laughed at me. She should just #bekind 🥰’.

I don’t believe for a second that anyone noticed her jumper when she went out, she just wants acknowledgement of how quirky she is (try harder. It’s just a jumper. Maybe add a statement necklace next time).
She probably has a quirky fringe and one of those bull nose rings as well. Sewwww quirky and individual!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To be honest until I was about 15 I had a really normal life and then it all went off!! I had about 3 years break when it all went quiet and I thought all was normal again but no- there’s the weirdest tit goes off!!! I’ve often said that if I told a stranger my stories they’d think I was some total cuckoo fantasist but unfortunately it’s all true… i have a good laugh but it’s certainly made me triple think “weird” stories.

Reactions: 6
To be honest until I was about 15 I had a really normal life and then it all went off!! I had about 3 years break when it all went quiet and I thought all was normal again but no- there’s the weirdest tit goes off!!! I’ve often said that if I told a stranger my stories they’d think I was some total cuckoo fantasist but unfortunately it’s all true… i have a good laugh but it’s certainly made me triple think “weird” stories.
same same! If someone told me ‘my story’ before it happened to me I’d think stuff like that could never happen. So far fetched. My parents who brought me up weren’t my real parents and I had no idea. However they illegally (?) purchased me (and a brother!) from a Romanian orphanage after I was left on the doorstep at a few days old. No paperwork just a cash transaction! That was quite common back in the early 80’s as contraception and abortion was illegal as Romania was trying to restore their declining population %. Loads of kids were dumped at orphanages and then sold (Romania’s missing children, we even have a FB page!). I was then taken to Russia where I was left with my poor (as in poverty) grandparents who couldn’t get formula milk so gave me cows milk direct from their garden cow! I remember as a toddler being really cold. Then when I was six my ‘parents’ who’d visited seldom previously collected me and took me to New York where we were suddenly really wealthy. Like staff to look after me and caviar instead of milk straight from a cow haha. Then life was ‘normal’ until I was 12 and they sent me to boarding school in England and then Switzerland so I only ever saw them during school breaks at different countries each time unless they had ‘business’ in which I’d be sent to Russia for the school breaks. So bloody weird. During which time they bought a house in England (after sending me to Switzerland?!). Then I had a really normal few years as I went to uni, got married and had children (away from parents who then moved to Iran, back to America and then Russia before moving back to England when I was in my late 20’s). Had one whole year of them being so so so normal when I was 29. They were doting grandparents etc. before two strangers found me claiming to be my biological parents who’d used an investigation service to try and find me for 20+ years. Anyway, DNA tests confirmed my birth mother but the father wasn’t a DNA match. So there’ll be a daddy out there somewhere for me haha! So I thought duck it all and moved to Australia with my husband and children to get away from the fucked up ness of it all. Because weirdly I don’t even care!!
So now I am far less likely to doubt weird stories. However that post referring to, doesn’t even seem so weird anyway?? Or is that just me 😂

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Because of course all that happens and your first thought is - I had better go and post it on Mumsnet

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Because of course all that happens and your first thought is - I had better go and post it on Mumsnet
Like when you need to go to A&E but you think it's best to stab out an AIBU with your finger that's hanging off first.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Haha yes! I never understand the a&e ones! DS1 (14) Tarquin just bit off DS2 (12) Thomas’ foot. Would I be unreasonable to go to a&e.
Cue answers like

- call 111 that’s what they’re for
- YABU to have more than one child. I’m calling the police.
- this happened to my mum’s aunt’s friend’s daughter’s child, they sent her home from a&e because the foot wasn’t a necessary limb.
- YANBU but give it some time as they’re very busy right now in a&e maybe go in an hour or so
- YABVVU - Covid is rife right now and you feel your son’s foot takes priority over the pandemic. I despair.
YANBU - call an ambulance *followed by a million responses about ambulances not being for emergencies like this and OP will make people get dead if she calls for an ambo.

- LTB. Yes your son! One less male in this patriarchal word is for the best.

- Have you been sniffing glue OP *head tilt and smirky giggle*

• Haha
Reactions: 20
same same! If someone told me ‘my story’ before it happened to me I’d think stuff like that could never happen. So far fetched. My parents who brought me up weren’t my real parents and I had no idea. However they illegally (?) purchased me (and a brother!) from a Romanian orphanage after I was left on the doorstep at a few days old. No paperwork just a cash transaction! That was quite common back in the early 80’s as contraception and abortion was illegal as Romania was trying to restore their declining population %. Loads of kids were dumped at orphanages and then sold (Romania’s missing children, we even have a FB page!). I was then taken to Russia where I was left with my poor (as in poverty) grandparents who couldn’t get formula milk so gave me cows milk direct from their garden cow! I remember as a toddler being really cold. Then when I was six my ‘parents’ who’d visited seldom previously collected me and took me to New York where we were suddenly really wealthy. Like staff to look after me and caviar instead of milk straight from a cow haha. Then life was ‘normal’ until I was 12 and they sent me to boarding school in England and then Switzerland so I only ever saw them during school breaks at different countries each time unless they had ‘business’ in which I’d be sent to Russia for the school breaks. So bloody weird. During which time they bought a house in England (after sending me to Switzerland?!). Then I had a really normal few years as I went to uni, got married and had children (away from parents who then moved to Iran, back to America and then Russia before moving back to England when I was in my late 20’s). Had one whole year of them being so so so normal when I was 29. They were doting grandparents etc. before two strangers found me claiming to be my biological parents who’d used an investigation service to try and find me for 20+ years. Anyway, DNA tests confirmed my birth mother but the father wasn’t a DNA match. So there’ll be a daddy out there somewhere for me haha! So I thought duck it all and moved to Australia with my husband and children to get away from the fucked up ness of it all. Because weirdly I don’t even care!!
So now I am far less likely to doubt weird stories. However that post referring to, doesn’t even seem so weird anyway?? Or is that just me 😂
I just got this advert under your post! What a coincidence!
C30C11AF-8007-4D8D-B290-AF8899B13D73.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes that’s exactly my point, if something like that happened you’d be so shocked/stressed you wouldn’t even have time for Mumsnet!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It’s weird how they all seem to holiday in the same places. Center Parcs or a cottage in the UK, campsites in the South of France or rustic ‘unspoiled’ places in Spain or Greece. They never go to Benidorm or Majorca or stay in an all inclusive hotel or resort somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s weird how they all seem to holiday in the same places. Center Parcs or a cottage in the UK, campsites in the South of France or rustic ‘unspoiled’ places in Spain or Greece. They never go to Benidorm or Majorca or stay in an all inclusive hotel or resort somewhere.
Well obviously. There might be (shock horror!) working class people or even worse (gasps!) tradesmen on holiday with their families there 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Truly never understand why there seem to be so many people who don’t have children or in any way shape interested in children go on “mums”net where nearly every other post is about being a parent or children in some form. Of course anyone can join in the discussion but every now and again you’ll even get some sneery post “aibu to be thrilled I don’t have children”. No they’re not been unreasonable but god being a mum sometimes is crappy and hard without going to “mums”net to seek some help and finding “I can have sex all day, my house is immaculate, me and my husband go on holiday all the time and have so much money, my friends who have kids have tit lives, it’s boring” etc…. I’m genuinely not saying anyone’s unreasonable to feel that way it’s just such an odd platform to write it. Someone will eventually bite and then there’ll be a pile on- it’s a bit odd!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There’s a brilliant poster who is the be all and end all of etiquette (she actually gave birth to a 300-page linen-lined hard back Debrett’s etiquette guide sometime between 1983-86, it was a much celebrated occasion…) I remember her posting about being on holiday in France - I absolutely cannot do her posts justice but she replied to various nonsense posts always with a tidbit about being “currently in a small wooden boat as my husband rows us on this Sunday morning to the nearest town to visit its bakery - dreamt heaven” as if you’re having the most marvellous twee holiday but the call of MN’s discussion boards is too loud to ignore, rather than take in the splendour of French culture and river wildlife.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
There’s a brilliant poster who is the be all and end all of etiquette (she actually gave birth to a 300-page linen-lined hard back Debrett’s etiquette guide sometime between 1983-86, it was a much celebrated occasion…) I remember her posting about being on holiday in France - I absolutely cannot do her posts justice but she replied to various nonsense posts always with a tidbit about being “currently in a small wooden boat as my husband rows us on this Sunday morning to the nearest town to visit its bakery - dreamt heaven” as if you’re having the most marvellous twee holiday but the call of MN’s discussion boards is too loud to ignore, rather than take in the splendour of French culture and river wildlife.
That sounds like Crumbs. If it is her, she’s a complete fantasist. Crumbs was the poster who posted the photo of a hotel bedroom trying to pass it off as her own.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.