Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t know if I’m allowed to post links but please go and read the thread in relationships titled ‘my heart is so so broken’ 😬 GIRL

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
bleeping hell. If that's even remotely grounded in truth, she needs professional intervention.

Although somebody saying they'd heard the same story from a poster with the same name on bleeping Freecycle - that must have been a bit of a surprise when they were hoping to pick up a second hand IKEA wardrobe.

Tl;dr - OP writes incredibly long and pompous post about how she had an awful childhood and her male friend helped her through it. She's now self publishing writing a book about her suffering and wanted him to write a chapter of it. She's also told him she loves him and they are meant to be together. He's said 'um, no' and not written the chapter in her book probably because none of it is true and she's furious that he is rejecting her on the grounds of being married, as she says he clearly loves her, too - and that she would understand it perfectly and give graceful permission if she were his wife and he wanted to duck another woman on the side.

If there is any truth in it, chances are that bloke has been nice to her because he felt a bit sorry for her.

Serious weirdness.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
He said it was because he was married and she doesn’t believe in monogamy/marriage and therefore that is the reason he doesn’t want her, not that he loves the wife he’s married to 🥴

Reactions: 8
I wonder how much longer Mumsnet will/can continue .

I've been on some fairly toxic forums but very few can hold a candle to this mess.

It blows my mind when I consider that it presumably started out as a nurturing friendly space for Mums and has ended up where it is.

At this point the only fairly safe and reasonable threads appear to be tv and films.

Almost everything else is to be avoided as it's so unpleasant .

To continue in it's current vein there would need to be a major name and rebranding change.

Reactions: 12
I wonder how much longer Mumsnet will/can continue .

I've been on some fairly toxic forums but very few can hold a candle to this mess.

It blows my mind when I consider that it presumably started out as a nurturing friendly space for Mums and has ended up where it is.

At this point the only fairly safe and reasonable threads appear to be tv and films.

Almost everything else is to be avoided as it's so unpleasant .

To continue in it's current vein there would need to be a major name and rebranding change.
And they have the nerve to regularly say tattle is toxic.

Reactions: 11
Precisely, tattle is fluffy bunnies compared to the toxic, desperate social climbers on mumsnet. Anyone else play bingo in their head on there?
LTB ✅
Controlling ✅
Financial abuse ✅
Ducks in a row ✅
MIL ✅
DThis DThat Dfuckingeverything ✅
Call Women's Aid ✅
Do the Freedom Project ✅

I really hate the way they instantly jump to "abuse" if a poster's husband does anything wrong. Like the boy who cried wolf, it devalues the concept, potentially undermining real situations because it's become a MN meme.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Posting so I can find this thread again later. Can't believe I've only just come across it. I love MN, for all the reasons laid out above, and am so glad to have found people to witch about it with!

PS the comment upthread about MNetters always demanding a 'source' for everything made me LOL!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
bleeping hell. If that's even remotely grounded in truth, she needs professional intervention.

Although somebody saying they'd heard the same story from a poster with the same name on bleeping Freecycle - that must have been a bit of a surprise when they were hoping to pick up a second hand IKEA wardrobe.

Tl;dr - OP writes incredibly long and pompous post about how she had an awful childhood and her male friend helped her through it. She's now self publishing writing a book about her suffering and wanted him to write a chapter of it. She's also told him she loves him and they are meant to be together. He's said 'um, no' and not written the chapter in her book probably because none of it is true and she's furious that he is rejecting her on the grounds of being married, as she says he clearly loves her, too - and that she would understand it perfectly and give graceful permission if she were his wife and he wanted to duck another woman on the side.

If there is any truth in it, chances are that bloke has been nice to her because he felt a bit sorry for her.

Serious weirdness.
There’s a poster who pops up from time to time who is in love with her therapist and who is devastated that he’s set firm boundaries to keep her at bay. She’s always avoids mentioning that he is/was her therapist, but it comes out eventually.

I think this is her again, though she seems to be spiralling into some pretty extreme and delusional justifications for the fact that he definitely wants her but is being forced to deny it due to ‘circumstances’.

MN really should be more on the ball in respect of allowing mentally unwell posters to play out their fantasies and lay themselves open to a good kicking at the same time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.