Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poster leaving her 8 year old watching a film in her Tesla while she goes to the gym is a great thread

Very obviously a troll

If anything these crazy threads today are entertaining me on an early train journey

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm horribly invested in the thread where the ops son scratched a cooker hob in an air b and b. The nutters are asking the length,width, and depth of the scratch and working out mathematically how it was caused. They are also affronted that there's no photo. They're more interested in shouting at each other than helping the op
It's mental, basically

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Poster leaving her 8 year old watching a film in her Tesla while she goes to the gym is a great thread

Very obviously a troll

If anything these crazy threads today are entertaining me on an early train journey
I love how on one thread people are laughing that when a woman and her husband took their kids to the cinema, the husband tripped some kids who were running around and on another people are saying to tip hot food on a child, but on this thread the tesla mum can't leave her kid in a temperature controlled car with netflix incase she gets hurt.

Really, there's only one question the tesla mum needs to ask herself to determine if she should leave her daughter in the car and that is 'what will I tell the coroner?'

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I love how on one thread people are laughing that when a woman and her husband took their kids to the cinema, the husband tripped some kids who were running around and on another people are saying to tip hot food on a child, but on this thread the tesla mum can't leave her kid in a temperature controlled car with netflix incase she gets hurt.

Really, there's only one question the tesla mum needs to ask herself to determine if she should leave her daughter in the car and that is 'what will I tell the coroner?'
We have had that one … thinking of working backwards from an inquest what would you do/say :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We have had that one … thinking of working backwards from an inquest what would you do/say :cool:
It's just how I live my life now. My husband isn't happy because I won't wash up (could cut myself and bleed to death), I won't bath (could drown), I won't shower (could slip and hit my head and die), I won't go out (could be hit by a truck and die), I won't hoover (could be electrocuted to death plugging it in) and I won't get out of bed (could trip and hit my head and die) but like I say to him, what would he tell the coroner 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 29

The number of MNers who will happily suggest harming a child will never stop shocking me, I find it really weird how many have decided to have children, despite hating them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
On the 'how often do you have treats' thread

My ‘treat’ yesterday was a chopped red pepper. Much nicer than crisps imo.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
On the 'how often do you have treats' thread

My ‘treat’ yesterday was a chopped red pepper. Much nicer than crisps imo.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
There is a time and place for crisps and also red peppers. But one does not work in place of the other.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Don't know if you guys know already, but a death notice for Pamela has been published. So her story was indeed real. While I feel a little bad for being sceptical over her story, at the same time there are so many scammers out there that it’s only natural to have doubts.

• Sad
  • Wow
They’re all getting their knickers in a twist about people being called love, duck, pet etc… Being able to grasp regional colloquialisms is beyond many mumsnetters
My northern gran called everyone cock !!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don't know if you guys know already, but a death notice for Pamela has been published. So her story was indeed real. While I feel a little bad for being sceptical over her story, at the same time there are so many scammers out there that it’s only natural to have doubts.
Kerr was posting on the thread again yesterday. I was quite surprised seeing the death announcement online, I must admit, but I'm also very sceptical that she was the narrator. Perhaps it was him? His writing is uncannily similar.... and perhaps he was posting what she asked him to. It never made sense to me someone that unwell being able to be so communicate that clearly. My poor Dad was talking nonsense towards the end as his liver failed. Looking back at some of her old MN posts, she was very "matter of fact", very similar to AnyFucker. Her illness posts didn't quite read in the same tone, if that makes sense.

Reactions: 9
They’re all getting their knickers in a twist about people being called love, duck, pet etc… Being able to grasp regional colloquialisms is beyond many mumsnetters
My northern gran called everyone cock !!
My friend’s Geordie Nana always tagged pet onto the end of everyone’s name. If she didn’t know your name she called you pet <pause>pet. Unless she was a bit frustrated when it changed to man. Even for her granddaughters.

• Haha
  • Heart
They'd love the massive fella who works at the butchers near us... "nah then love what can I get yer?" to everyone...the men and the women (not that men go and do the food shopping obviously...sorry mumsnet). I like the regional differences in what you get but I've always lived in the grim wasteland of the north :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
They'd love the massive fella who works at the butchers near us... "nah then love what can I get yer?" to everyone...the men and the women (not that men go and do the food shopping obviously...sorry mumsnet). I like the regional differences in what you get but I've always lived in the grim wasteland of the north :ROFLMAO:
I remember being a bit startled when a burly bloke asked my dad "so how are you then, me lover?"

It was just a regional thing!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Kerr was posting on the thread again yesterday. I was quite surprised seeing the death announcement online, I must admit, but I'm also very sceptical that she was the narrator. Perhaps it was him? His writing is uncannily similar.... and perhaps he was posting what she asked him to. It never made sense to me someone that unwell being able to be so communicate that clearly. My poor Dad was talking nonsense towards the end as his liver failed. Looking back at some of her old MN posts, she was very "matter of fact", very similar to AnyFucker. Her illness posts didn't quite read in the same tone, if that makes sense.
I think you may have hit on something there.

I wasn't as sceptical with her story as the previous trolls such as Clurr, as people with some medical knowledge had said that what clurrs mum was posting didn't make sense (like the nurse braiding her hair) plus Pamela posted such identifying stuff right down to the names of doctors, it would have been so easy to disprove if it wasn't her.

I do find the display of grief really quite disturbing though, they are a pack of bloody vultures just waiting to descend and get their fill.

On the what are you wearing thread, one of them has put on a Sezane blouse, Abercrombie shorts and Birkenstocks... to do housework! Is that a thing? I'm normally wearing trackies and a hoodie or my dressing gown:ROFLMAO: maybe I need to start making more effort

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the what are you wearing thread, one of them has put on a Sezane blouse, Abercrombie shorts and Birkenstocks... to do housework! Is that a thing? I'm normally wearing trackies and a hoodie or my dressing gown:ROFLMAO: maybe I need to start making more effort
She sounds like a slob, full vintage evening gown and jewels is surely the only acceptable outfit. Ever. And full makeup obviously.

• Haha
I remember being a bit startled when a burly bloke asked my dad "so how are you then, me lover?"

It was just a regional thing!
Calling other men love outside of his hometown definitely got my grandad into trouble...I believe the response was "I'm not your love duck!" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.