Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the replies saying children’s clothes are just big and hang on their petite frame.
Although the one that said … I buy them for me but they are too small my 12 year old daughter, hilarious …was a top tier passive aggressive stealth boast+.undermine. No potential issues there at all.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
If they're all around old average height 5'2" - 5'4", it's possible.

1691833612324.png

OK, they'll look bleeping ridiculous with the majority of things they'll pick - and you just know they are telling everybody 'Look! I'm buying child sizes!' But in the majority of cases, no real teenager is going to want to be seen in them.

1691833982614.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Although the one that said … I buy them for me but they are too small my 12 year old daughter, hilarious …was a top tier passive aggressive stealth boast+.undermine. No potential issues there at all.
Oh, that poor child. Is it Posh, I wonder?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This thread has me crying laughing. I’ve never been on mumsnet but now I feel compelled to have a look. I don’t get what any of the abbreviations are. DP - double penetration perhaps??
These people sound utterly insane. I can’t wait to get reading. Wish me luck lads

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
One of my favourite types of threads is running right now: food banks. All of Mumsnet’s favourite neuroses at once, especially judging the poors, husbands and opining on nutrition.

Someone has asked if they’re being unreasonable donating latte sachets as a treat instead of lentils and brown rice (the latter so the poors can whip up a delicious dal in their emergency B&B). Their husband says so.

Everyone is po faced and providing many suggestions of far more worthy things she could donate including the poster who has asked “Genuinely. What do people use sugar for that they request at the foodbank?”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The only adult women I’ve met who can fit into childrens sized clothes have been really petite height wise.Think under about 5’3. They were also still quite young, late teens/early 20’s. Love how she makes the point of saying she’s mid 40’s as well. ‘Look at me I’m middle aged, have birthed kids and am still so thin I can fit into children‘s clothes’. If it’s true you can bet your life she lives on massive salads and duck all else🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
One of my favourite types of threads is running right now: food banks. All of Mumsnet’s favourite neuroses at once, especially judging the poors, husbands and opining on nutrition.

Someone has asked if they’re being unreasonable donating latte sachets as a treat instead of lentils and brown rice (the latter so the poors can whip up a delicious dal in their emergency B&B). Their husband says so.

Everyone is po faced and providing many suggestions of far more worthy things she could donate including the poster who has asked “Genuinely. What do people use sugar for that they request at the foodbank?”
I always put something frivolous in the food bank, usually biscuits or some choccie … also sanitary wear and stuff like soap and roll on. I was actually challenged by a member of the Blue Rinse Brigade one Christmas when I put some of the 3 for 2 gift sets in. Apparently, people living in awful conditions aren’t allowed To have something to make them feel nice and give them a lift. At Christmas. I went straight back and put some more in.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This thread has me crying laughing. I’ve never been on mumsnet but now I feel compelled to have a look. I don’t get what any of the abbreviations are. DP - double penetration perhaps??
These people sound utterly insane. I can’t wait to get reading. Wish me luck lads
Like you I’d never been on MN but after reading here I had to join. I think I posted here how deranged they all were. AIBU is full of mad fuckers.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I always put something frivolous in the food bank, usually biscuits or some choccie … also sanitary wear and stuff like soap and roll on. I was actually challenged by a member of the Blue Rinse Brigade one Christmas when I put some of the 3 for 2 gift sets in. Apparently, people living in awful conditions aren’t allowed To have something to make them feel nice and give them a lift. At Christmas. I went straight back and put some more in.
Same I always put nappies, soap, shampoo etc and then big bars of chocolate, nice biscuits. duck sake life is hard enough and if throwing something that could make someone feel a tiny bit better for 5 minutes is frowned upon by the moaners then I know its right.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’ve just been leaning out my kitchen window listening to our neighbour arguing with the other neighbour😆 She doesn’t like that they’ve been putting the washing machine on in the evening as apparently it keeps their 6 year old awake. They sounded a bit jokey and bemused by it and then she threatened them with her husband coming round to talk about it. She has to be a mumsnetter surely🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I’ve just been leaning out my kitchen window listening to our neighbour arguing with the other neighbour😆 She doesn’t like that they’ve been putting the washing machine on in the evening as apparently it keeps their 6 year old awake. They sounded a bit jokey and bemused by it and then she threatened them with her husband coming round to talk about it. She has to be a mumsnetter surely🤣
So no one is allowed to do anything once darling little Frogmella is asleep. That would just make me put a wash on for the sake of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I honestly do wonder how they all make it through life being so serious and sensitive and being so offended by everything. Someone is upset because the bloke she’s seeing is going out drinking tonight but text her saying ‘unless you give me a good enough reason to stay in😉’ and the replies are already saying it’s vile etc. Is that not just the kind of thing that is perfectly normal to joke about, especially early on in a relationship. Like don’t people just make a few sexual comments and jokes to each other on there or is everything just deadly serious and nobody is ever allowed to make a joke/innuendo

Reactions: 19
I honestly do wonder how they all make it through life being so serious and sensitive and being so offended by everything. Someone is upset because the bloke she’s seeing is going out drinking tonight but text her saying ‘unless you give me a good enough reason to stay in😉’ and the replies are already saying it’s vile etc. Is that not just the kind of thing that is perfectly normal to joke about, especially early on in a relationship. Like don’t people just make a few sexual comments and jokes to each other on there or is everything just deadly serious and nobody is ever allowed to make a joke/innuendo
Remember always open threads with this by your side... 🤣

0451AAB5-3793-4B62-9847-005A31633F3D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ladies, if you could only prise the giant portions of chips out if your hands, you too could shop in the children’s section of M&S.

This thread is peak MN. These poor, doll-sized women are literally swamped by all the gigantic size 8 clothing in the shops. 🙄
Unfortunately for this poster, I am that 5’ 9 leggy daughter, so no, kids clothes won’t cut it for me
---
‘Men only want one thing and it’s disgusting’

• Haha
Reactions: 12
we give dog food to the food bank. Of course, MN would say you shouldn’t have a dog if you can’t afford to feed it but what should these people do with the dog they’ve had for years if they one day find themselves out of work, short of money? Kill the dog? Re-home the dog? My husband (he of green hair) works in a local dog shelter and people sometimes bring dogs there to have them re-homed because they can’t afford to feed them. He will give them a week’s dog food and say “please don’t take your dog away from the only home and family he knows. Here’s a week’s food. Come back next week for more food if you’re still struggling”. We would rather buy food for a stranger’s dog than see another one being put into the shelter.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.