Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When we get it home it’s customary now to cradle the bag a bit like a newborn and comment on how big it is.
I always do that when I get chips! :LOL: "Don't drop the baby!"

Of course MNers would say I 'sound unhinged'.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I always do that when I get chips! :LOL: "Don't drop the baby!"

Of course MNers would say I 'sound unhinged'.
I can imagine some of the 'lovely' responses you'd get from telling mumsnetters that but I won't repeat them here because they'd need several trigger warnings!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 2374687
I am off to a theme park today with my family and we shall attempt to encompass most of these, just to piss off any mumsnetters present
The missing teeth may be a step too far though….
If you planned it right you could really fit the profile. Get your DP/DH to wear his wife beater vest and knock your front teeth out while you’re there. That would really make their day for any adjacent MNers. 🦷🦷🦷

• Haha
Reactions: 13
View attachment 2374687
I am off to a theme park today with my family and we shall attempt to encompass most of these, just to piss off any mumsnetters present
The missing teeth may be a step too far though….
Ugh. Fancy allowing common people to go out in public. I wonder if they were eating Greggs pasties and swigging from a can of Super Tennents.

This is my absolute favourite response

“Once at Chessington ( years ago) a young bloke was holding a lit ciggie at his side near my DS face and I had to yell at him in French to move it .
Probably my finest mothering moment !”
🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I saw that OP and wondered if it were one of you. Surely a troll!

I have a complicated relationship with chips. I would walk over hot coals for chips I consider good, but am EASILY DISAPPOINTED. So my life is spent hoping any new chips will be worth it, and frequently being let down.

Top tier chips are fried in beef dripping though, and the bloody vegans are killing that off, even up here in the north!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This response was excellent though. Proper put OPs nose out of joint 😂
We also have a whaler at our local chippy so we get one to share and chips each. My bff gets battered sausage and can’t order it without giggling like a school girl, it’s my fave 😂 of course no one tell MN we are so frightfully juvenile

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 13
There is a thread where the OP is moaning that her parents don’t want to babysit. Cue loads of posters saying it’s not fair when you have no support

I wonder how many of these posters hid away for months when the baby was born to protect their “nuclear family bubble” and thought family members were entitled when they offered to babysit (which is another thread going on right now)

Can’t have it both ways. Can’t shut family out when the kids are small and expect them to be offering favours when you suddenly decide they are good enough to babysit, most likely because you are shattered and want a break

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just to continue on from the last thread. The post about the husband who hasn't paid the rent. My guess is he HAS paid the rent, they've been together 20 years, he's never done this before, he has no extra money etc. What has actually happened is he is having an affair with someone at the letting agents, he's told her he will leave his wife, they're more like friends or roommates anyway, but he hasn't left her obviously. Letting agent mistress is sick of waiting, emailed OP pretending he hasn't paid the rent (op has said letting agent has never contacted her begore and only go through her husband). The reason the letting agent has done that is she wanted OP to check the husbands bank account to see if he has made the payment ornifbhe has loads of extra money hoping that OP would see all the charges for hotels and sex shops and fancy dinners and realise he's been having an affair. OP would then divorce husband and letting agent could have him.
I got sucked into that thread & the OP never came back!

Reactions: 5

I have a complicated relationship with chips. I would walk over hot coals for chips I consider good, but am EASILY DISAPPOINTED. So my life is spent hoping any new chips will be worth it, and frequently being let down.

Top tier chips are fried in beef dripping though, and the bloody vegans are killing that off, even up here in the north!
Eden Camp in Yorkshire do the best chips I’ve ever had in my life. I’ve only had them once though as I’m too worried about the disappointment incase they’re not as good the second time round to try to them again

Reactions: 4
Really? That’s an achievable distance for me.

I had world class chips in the cafe in Barter Books in Alnwick a while back. Also the 50s-style fish and chip shop at Beamish.

Reactions: 6
I find the psychopath threads interesting. Posters insisting they've met multiple psychopaths/sociopaths/narcissists ('actual diagnosed ones!!!!'), who I'd bet a lot of money were jus 'unpleasant people'. Your mother in law probably isn't on the same level as Ian Brady. And then the inevitable arrival of the 'i am actually a diagnosed psychopath and you're all being very offensive' - surely if you are, you wouldn't care. And it just comes off as like, boring people trying to turn their tit personality into something edgy and interesting. 'I WOULDN'T CARE IF I STEPPED OVER YOU TO GET A JOB/I DON'T FEEL ANY EMPATHY FOR HUMANS ONLY ANIMALS/I CAN MANIPULATE ANYONE IN THE WORLD EVER' ok hun.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

This is like my DP with fried chicken. He loves it. Will walk to the ends of the Earth to try somewhere. The amount of places we have trecked to, made special visits to, eaten at weird times so just so he can try their chicken is countless. Yet, 9 times out of 10 the chicken will arrive and he’ll go ‘meh. I’ve had better’.
I admire his tenacity to keep trying though. Forever hopeful.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I find the psychopath threads interesting. Posters insisting they've met multiple psychopaths/sociopaths/narcissists ('actual diagnosed ones!!!!'), who I'd bet a lot of money were jus 'unpleasant people'. Your mother in law probably isn't on the same level as Ian Brady. And then the inevitable arrival of the 'i am actually a diagnosed psychopath and you're all being very offensive' - surely if you are, you wouldn't care. And it just comes off as like, boring people trying to turn their tit personality into something edgy and interesting. 'I WOULDN'T CARE IF I STEPPED OVER YOU TO GET A JOB/I DON'T FEEL ANY EMPATHY FOR HUMANS ONLY ANIMALS/I CAN MANIPULATE ANYONE IN THE WORLD EVER' ok hun.
I’ve answered a few times in that thread. I’m nowhere near a diagnosed psychopath, I don’t have any sort of personality disorder, and I’m a pretty decent member of society, but I am almost entirely lacking in empathy.

I do however love chips. Proper chippy ones - you know the type where you get crispy bits in the bottom of the bag? Doused in so much salt & vinegar your kidneys ache.

I feel more strongly about chippy chips than I do most humans 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
So I decided to push the boat out and do us all a roast. And before anyone says anything, yes I know that number of potatoes AND Yorkshire puddings is excessive, but we’re not going to eat anything else until Tuesday.
This should be enough for me, DMr Begotten, two large sons and DDaughter with leftovers for the week, right?
1691831990317.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Another 'how old do I look' thread from someone asking if she should get botox as she doesn't like the wrinkles on her forehead. Someone has actually responded with this

Whats worse, seeing an odd wrinkle or not being able to see at all ? Would that make you happier? My best friend died aged 10 years old, wrinkle free.
Sounds like my sister in law who completely lacks any sense of humour. I made a light hearted joke that I see all our school friends on social media and think I look MUCH younger than them (clearly I don’t) and she primly said “well my friend X would have loved to have lived to our age”.

Ok then. Obviously, it’s impossible to be sad that X didn’t get a chance to age AND be equally baffled that you’re starting to look old.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ladies, if you could only prise the giant portions of chips out if your hands, you too could shop in the children’s section of M&S.

This thread is peak MN. These poor, doll-sized women are literally swamped by all the gigantic size 8 clothing in the shops. 🙄
I love the replies saying children’s clothes are just big and hang on their petite frame.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
After a giant brunch yesterday (sausages, eggs, tomatoes, toast, avocado), Mr D announced that dinner would be a single bowl of pasta with a few bacon bits and cheese 'Because I've already had enough food for the rest of the week'.

He got The Are You bleeping Trolling Me? Look.

And hastily produced yet another huge bowl of fruit and yoghurt each. Blueberries, bananas, prunes. With chocolate shards and maple syrup.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.