Mumsnet #22 Are you strange generally?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in an office so had my breakfast at my desk swiftly followed by my lunch which meant I had to buy a second lunch at actual lunchtime šŸ˜‚
I've done this so many times!šŸ¤£ the worst thing is that we have a food van that comes to our trading estate every morning selling hot sausage rolls, bacon baps, hot lunches, takeaway fry ups, brownies and cakes etc. Takes so much willpower to avoid it. There have been far too many occasions where I've bought second lunch from there just because I couldn't resist:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yesterday I started well with a bowl of sultana bran flakes mixed with granola

Then 3 slices of toast with lashings of butter and dairy lea, half a pack of malted milk biscuits and a 4 finger kit kat
2 greggs sausage rolls 4 lunch and because dh is home sick and can't each much I just had a bacon and egg baguette for dinner with another 4 finger kitkat and a rice pudding

I think thats probably a lot of calories but we only live once lol
Sounds like my kinda day!

Reactions: 2
I'm doing a very tit job of eating well at the moment. I'm gluten free and dairy free and I just am really not enjoying food at all. I'd probably be a mumsnet food saviour for my pathetic attempts at eating. Even though if I could just go grab a pizza i'd be the happiest girl in the world right now.
---
I'm actually sat here really hungry. Oh yay, gluten free toast for breakfast :rolleyes:
---
Yesterday I was enjoying this thread in MN incompetence.
How does one get to a train station if you don't live in London?? How do you country people do it???

1691740566255.png

šŸ˜‚

"We're not in Kansas anymore" - bleeping hell you've only moved to the Cotswolds, not the outer Hebrides!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Jesus.
The ā€œ My twit of a husband didnā€™t pay the rentā€ thread is up to 23 pages. The OP hasnā€™t updated. So all the posts are ā€œAre you OK OPā€, ā€œPlease tell us everything is alright ā€œ. Absolute bleeping weirdos. They donā€™t care if sheā€™s actually OK. They just want to know if sheā€™s beaten her husband to death with a cafetiĆØre and buried him in the back garden.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm doing a very tit job of eating well at the moment. I'm gluten free and dairy free and I just am really not enjoying food at all. I'd probably be a mumsnet food saviour for my pathetic attempts at eating. Even though if I could just go grab a pizza i'd be the happiest girl in the world right now.
---
I'm actually sat here really hungry. Oh yay, gluten free toast for breakfast :rolleyes:
---
How does one get to a train station if you don't live in London?? How do you country people do it???

View attachment 2372405

šŸ˜‚

"We're not in Kansas anymore" - bleeping hell you've only moved to the Cotswolds, not the outer Hebrides!
Itā€™s the Cotswolds, dahling. One simply tells oneā€™s staff to convey them to the station in the Bentley.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw a thread last night that got pulled, someone posted they thought Billie Eilish was pretty.

Cue lots of poster falling over themselves to say the most nastiness comments about her looks. Beauty is subjective but they just came across as bitter and would put any womans appearance down given the chance.

MN is likely full of Samantha Brick types.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I saw a thread last night that got pulled, someone posted they thought Billie Eilish was pretty.

Cue lots of poster falling over themselves to say the most nastiness comments about her looks. Beauty is subjective but they just came across as bitter and would put any womans appearance down given the chance.

God theyā€™re awful. I joked once on there that I looked like ā€˜a poor manā€™s Natalie Portmanā€™ (I did a bit, in my youth, just less polished and nowhere near as beautiful or dainty. I was fine with this šŸ˜…) but they all tripped over themselves to say ā€˜donā€™t be ridiculous, Iā€™m sure you are even better lookingā€™, (really not, as hardly anyone is) ā€˜I thought she looked rough in V for Vendettaā€™ ā€˜sheā€™s not all that, I think sheā€™s actually quite plainā€™ etc. Like the woman the other day who said Margot Robbieā€™s face wasnā€™t actually that nice and she definitely had a much nicer one šŸ˜†

Iā€™d give anything to look like Poor Manā€™s Natalie Portman again, now it could probably just be shortened to ā€˜Poorā€™ šŸ˜†

They are a very strange bunch.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

I always picture them as Shona Sibary types šŸ¤®

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The latest eco thread is getting them suitably riled up.

Premise: if humans became more or less extinct, the planet would be fine. Maybe a few humans would survive in one of the more temperate regions where subsistence agriculture would be more likely to succeed without doing too much damage, but whether or not they did, The Planet would be OK.

Response: YOU'RE A FASCIST, YOU WANT TO MURDER AFRICAN BABIES WHY DON'T YOU COMMIT SUICIDE THEN?

• Haha
  • Wow
---
---

View attachment 2372405

šŸ˜‚

I hadnā€™t realised taxis had stopped serving the very wilds of the Cotswolds.

I hate the endless inheritance threads as they are always full of people feeling defensive about what they got saying ā€˜Iā€™d give it all up to have them back - you are lucky to have your loved ones instead of your mortgage paid offā€™. And it never seems to strike them that a lot of people both lose their loved ones AND get no inheritance. I have no personal animus towards the people who inherit (itā€™s most people I know) - just massive irritation at the MN posters who miss the point Every. Single. Time.
---
Out of boredom I just looked up Moreton-in-Marsh on Uber. I can get a cab in 5 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
An amazingly hysterical thread currently underway where a cat has swiped at the mailmanā€™s hand and left a scratch. OP is now the worst person ever for letting the postman writhe in pain (or erm, walk off without a word) and for having not insured her violent animal. The postman now has sepsis, how will OP support his family after his death?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Wedding ring thread on AIBU;

1691752556855.png

Seems fair enough if you have jewellery that you'd be upset to lose.

1691752781826.png

A. Only when I'm in an area that contains lots of poor people a different colour to me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Another 'how old do I look' thread from someone asking if she should get botox as she doesn't like the wrinkles on her forehead. Someone has actually responded with this

Whats worse, seeing an odd wrinkle or not being able to see at all ? Would that make you happier? My best friend died aged 10 years old, wrinkle free.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Wedding ring thread on AIBU;

View attachment 2372727

Seems fair enough if you have jewellery that you'd be upset to lose.

View attachment 2372736

A. Only when I'm in an area that contains lot of poor people a different colour to me.
The WHOLE of Africa. (it irritates me no end when people speak about Africa like it's a country not a whole continent).
Also probs takes it off in any place north of the M25 (so dangerous)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.