Mumsnet #14 A handhold please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this on chat? This isn't feasible, is it?

It made me smile on here as a Tattler offered me a pizza delivery a few months back. I only did a mild complaint that I had missed the supermarket to buy a cheap pizza but couldn't afford a takeaway one. I wouldn't have accepted but I thought she was kind hearted and very nice, it was @Piff paff puff

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The Bay City Roller fan is my absolute favourite, I hope she buys some more cropped flared trousers ready to sing shang-a-lang and run with the gang, doin' doo wop be dooby do ay all summer long.
I still have my plimmies that I spent a rainy afternoon ’upcycling’ with the aid of a tartan scarf and copious amounts of Copydex. She’s welcome to them (they don’t bend so much as shed)
---
I can’t afford Seasalt - something I’ve only just found out as I’d never heard of it until this thread. I quite like a couple of the bits in a wardrobe-stalwart way

am total povvo 😭
I was advised by the Oncology Nurse to buy a couple of things from Seasalt when I had chemo/radiotherapy because its 100% cotton and kind on skin that’s going through it, so I do have a weird fondness for it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I have ADHD and have a lot of sensory issues around fabric. I don't like cheap fabric of the sort you get in BooHoo/Primark etc but it's surprisingly difficult to find clothes that are 100% cotton, so much stuff is polyester. I like modal and similar fabrics but those are always expensive too. Seasalt fabric is always decent quality which is partly why I buy it. Some of the stuff is a bit frumpy I suppose but I think it also depends on your figure and what you wear with it.

I honestly can't comprehend why anyone would post pictures of their outfits on a public website though! I'd be terrified to be recognised, even with my face hidden.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They're an absolute bunch of unhappy witches

Aw that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about us :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

It made me smile on here as a Tattler offered me a pizza delivery a few months back. I only did a mild complaint that I had missed the supermarket to buy a cheap pizza but couldn't afford a takeaway one. I wouldn't have accepted but I thought she was kind hearted and very nice, it was @Piff paff puff
Not very feasible. Mumsnet is a hotbed of scammers with sob stories about not being able to buy formula/nappies for their babies.

This one may have fucked up by not ramping up the poverty enough. She’s claiming to be a teacher (writing style doesn’t give me teacher vibes tbh) and her “husband” works full time. Should be smart enough to talk to landlord instead of begging on the internet for handouts.

• Haha

Thanks for the lovely mention tangent tiger 🥰
Nice to (virtually) see you again, hope you're well 😊

• Heart
I genuinely think posters are much nicer to each other on here than they are on MN.

• Heart
Not very feasible. Mumsnet is a hotbed of scammers with sob stories about not being able to buy formula/nappies for their babies.

This one may have fucked up by not ramping up the poverty enough. She’s claiming to be a teacher (writing style doesn’t give me teacher vibes tbh) and her “husband” works full time. Should be smart enough to talk to landlord instead of begging on the internet for handouts.
She’s so obviously begging but so far, no one has offered her hard cash. Shame.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I genuinely think posters are much nicer to each other on here than they are on MN.
100% agree.

There's no comparison imo between the two sites. I know on Tattle I'm guaranteed entertainment, a laugh, advice or a bit of sympathy when it's needed.

Mumsnet has become more and more toxic over the years, as well as being full of trolls and scammers. It's a pity but that's how it is.

I happily fall in and out of these threads and avoid things I don’t want to join in with. I get bored with the troll hunting sometimes but I love the rule of no thread policing here. I also hate to praise the mods as I look like a creep but they do the lord’s work keeping trouble out.

The irony of them criticising Tattle while telling each other to duck off on mumsnet 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone has resurrected an old thread about handbags in chat. Someone reckons they have 393 designer handbags, 12 of which cost over £20k. Apparently If an expensive bag gets wrecked, I will just buy a new one to replace it. Do these people never realise how unbelievable their posts sound?

I don't think my collection of Primark bags are going to give them much enjoyment:LOL:

When I went to the pub recently, my husband's cousin came along and I noticed she had an LV bag. It was lovely but I nearly spat my drink out when she said it was £2.5k for a tiny crossbody bag that barely fit her phone in

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.