Mumsnet #14 A handhold please

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that blue shirt is the crumpled look that squeals wealth - in mumsnet land! Possibly going for the 'dress mike Monty Don' vibe.
I do like baggy things but not dog eared.

Thanks for the tips about why I might have been banned. Someone did say my post looked like a well written journo piece but it was only about hair growth. If my writing is too articulate for MN then god help society:oops:
I don't know whether to be flattered or ashamed.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think that blue shirt is the crumpled look that squeals wealth - in mumsnet land! Possibly going for the 'dress mike Monty Don' vibe.
I do like baggy things but not dog eared.

Thanks for the tips about why I might have been banned. Someone did say my post looked like a well written journo piece but it was only about hair growth. If my writing is too articulate for MN then god help society:oops:
I don't know whether to be flattered or ashamed.
That's a bit weird - have you asked them? I think I'd feel a bit indignant if I got banned for no good reason!

I'll always feel grateful to MN though as I met one of my lovely friends there 🤗

Reactions: 2
I tried that but they still knew it was me somehow, I hadn’t even posted anything :ROFLMAO:
I have a feeling I’m on the wall of MNHQ main office like an FBI case

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
If you manage to rejoin after a ban you need to make sure you don’t say anything controversial. Takes all the fun away I know. ☹. But if you’re reported thus being brought to the notice of the Obersturmbahnfuhrer you are likely to be banned.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Thanks for the information! Wow, I didn't know any of that. So how are MN managing to know who rejoins?

If you manage to rejoin after a ban you need to make sure you don’t say anything controversial. Takes all the fun away I know. ☹. But if you’re reported thus being brought to the notice of the Obersturmbahnfuhrer you are likely to be banned.
Not if you're doing it from a different IP and different email address - they can't link you with whatever email address you previously used if it's from a different IP.

Reactions: 4
Not if you're doing it from a different IP and different email address - they can't link you with whatever email address you previously used if it's from a different IP.
I have just rejoined via my phone (different provider to my home internet) with a new email. I have been accepted so we shall see if it sticks! If it doesn't I am sure I shall survive!
I think it's hilarious that they suspected me of being a journo, seeing as I've always thought they let the tabloids on to start bun fights in order to amp up ad views and serve as fodder for DM articles on a slow news day (Mumsnet user in despair over parking dispute, etc etc).

Reactions: 14
O! I had been meaning to ask has anyone seen that enormous thread in S&B called clothing brands and target demographics?
It is literally oozing with class fetishisation, a sort of intellectual one-upmanship where the majority of posters (naturally) claim to sit at the more affluent end of the scale, taking passive aggressive little pokes at those with less taste and disposable income for astonishingly overpriced clothing. It is all clouded in academic frippery, of course, so that on the surface we can pretend that it isn't about status and class at all.

The username NatashaDancing is worth a mention, as most of her posts are condescending and unashamedly self aggrandising. She takes pains to remind people on every page just how utterly affluent and posh she is, making curt little digs at anyone who questions the theme of the thread. I've seen her about on S&B in the past, she has to be one of the most sickeningly vacuous, self satisfied harpies on the site. I will conclude from this that she is just another wannabee with a slight amount of disposable to throw around. I was previously enjoying the chat on that thread until she elbowed her way into it, along with botemp (I forget the name) and co, airing their unparalleled, educated judgements across a plethora of upmarket, obscure and dizzyingly unaffordable clothing brands. I do believe they have far too much time on their hands.

I would love to see these idiots on the 'wearing it today' thread.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.