Mummysflippinhouse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mind is blown- there are people in the comments saying that their HV came every day for a month? They have a HV up to age 5. Now I’m in Scotland and I thought we actually had probably a better post natal care system - when I had my son 7 years ago. I had a midwife out 3 days after I had the baby- I got out on a Friday and they came on the Monday. Then because I was fine and baby seemed fine the HV came out the next day, not a midwife. HV then came out a week later. That was it. She told me I could come down to the HV clinic and sit and wait for a weigh in whenever I wanted to. I have since found out that’s now stopped and they don’t do weigh ins and the clinic doesn’t run anymore. I went to HV for jags and at 2 I filled in a questionnaire but he was about 2 and a half before I actually got to see the HV and go over the answers which meant that it wasn’t even a 2 year old check up so all the questions were nothing to do with his age. Have I just been unlucky- where do these people in the comments live that they get visits every day for 30 days? We also get kicked out after 4 hours (most of us) she gets 2 days in hospital so any problems would be picked up- that’s why we get a midwife appointment. Am I with a different NHS?

Reactions: 2
My mind is blown- there are people in the comments saying that their HV came every day for a month? They have a HV up to age 5. Now I’m in Scotland and I thought we actually had probably a better post natal care system - when I had my son 7 years ago. I had a midwife out 3 days after I had the baby- I got out on a Friday and they came on the Monday. Then because I was fine and baby seemed fine the HV came out the next day, not a midwife. HV then came out a week later. That was it. She told me I could come down to the HV clinic and sit and wait for a weigh in whenever I wanted to. I have since found out that’s now stopped and they don’t do weigh ins and the clinic doesn’t run anymore. I went to HV for jags and at 2 I filled in a questionnaire but he was about 2 and a half before I actually got to see the HV and go over the answers which meant that it wasn’t even a 2 year old check up so all the questions were nothing to do with his age. Have I just been unlucky- where do these people in the comments live that they get visits every day for 30 days? We also get kicked out after 4 hours (most of us) she gets 2 days in hospital so any problems would be picked up- that’s why we get a midwife appointment. Am I with a different NHS?
I work in health visiting in South East England. We visit when the baby is newborn around 10-14 days then at 6-8 weeks. Then you have development reviews at around 12 months and 2 years. There are certain cases that we visit more often such as a child in need or child protection cases but never everyday. We just don't have the capacity to do that.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I work in health visiting in South East England. We visit when the baby is newborn around 10-14 days then at 6-8 weeks. Then you have development reviews at around 12 months and 2 years. There are certain cases that we visit more often such as a child in need or child protection cases but never everyday. We just don't have the capacity to do that.
I know a friend who was a HV wanted to do so much more but also like a lot of NHS your stretched to capacity. She retired a year or two after I had my baby, early retirement because she was just exhausted from the over work and even she said it was a real shame that her clinics got cancelled because a lot of mums did enjoy dropping in and even talking to other mums at the clinic.

I know a friend who was a HV wanted to do so much more but also like a lot of NHS your stretched to capacity. She retired a year or two after I had my baby, early retirement because she was just exhausted from the over work and even she said it was a real shame that her clinics got cancelled because a lot of mums did enjoy dropping in and even talking to other mums at the clinic.
Covid really did a number on things. My sisters both had babies before me and got a very different experience to what I did when I had my baby just coming out of lockdowns.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Wanted the baby to have an American passport…

Anyone else spot the tripod in the bathroom when she was packing up the hospital room? Couldn’t imagine anything worse.
There’s a way of sharing birth/parenting experience to create a community and let other mothers know they’re not alone without setting up a bleeping tripod in your hospital room toilet hours after giving birth 🙄
Baby would be able to obtain an American passport regardless of where she was born

Reactions: 1
Her latest reel the dinner one, the comments 😂😂
She has yet again managed to offend everyone with her attitude and spelling
She also has no village 😢 not sure if she's mentioned that, but yea no village near her, though Americans need to get their big girl pants on, people asking her where her food train is? She doesn't have one, she doesn't need one either I'm sure she'd say, id agree, ones saying she shouldn't be cooking! Please, she had a baby, it's some rice and shop bought sauce poured over.
She said in the comments they can't afford take out, her area is too expensive 🤔 remind me is this not the same person that orders take out every chance she gets? That sent her husband out for take out after giving birth as the hospital food just wasn't the vibe guyssss.
That can't do an errand without hitting up a drive thru.
And just bought a ridiculously expensive baby carrier?
---
Gloria needs to calm down, it's her 3rd, women have been doing it since the dawning of time! Literally in a Bush and back to work.
Screenshot_20240125_114638_TikTok.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Did she not say her mum won't be helping much with the kids..so who is her village gonna be. Kyle is going to regret this SO much. I think the move to England will be the end off their marriage.

Reactions: 13
That is so nasty of her to say that they don’t have much of a village there when Kyle’s parents help them out loads and even have bedrooms with kids in their house. Ungrateful rude woman!
Her latest reel the dinner one, the comments 😂😂
She has yet again managed to offend everyone with her attitude and spelling
She also has no village 😢 not sure if she's mentioned that, but yea no village near her, though Americans need to get their big girl pants on, people asking her where her food train is? She doesn't have one, she doesn't need one either I'm sure she'd say, id agree, ones saying she shouldn't be cooking! Please, she had a baby, it's some rice and shop bought sauce poured over.
She said in the comments they can't afford take out, her area is too expensive 🤔 remind me is this not the same person that orders take out every chance she gets? That sent her husband out for take out after giving birth as the hospital food just wasn't the vibe guyssss.
That can't do an errand without hitting up a drive thru.
And just bought a ridiculously expensive baby carrier?
---
Gloria needs to calm down, it's her 3rd, women have been doing it since the dawning of time! Literally in a Bush and back to work. View attachment 2713072

Reactions: 10
This whole woe is me we have no money cause America thing is really grating on me and her latest story about her follower sending her a voucher for food.

Let’s just be clear this is not a struggling family that can’t afford food. All she ever does is brag brag and brag some more about how much money she is spending on stuff and now all of a sudden she’s worrying about money. Nope. That follower probably needs that money more than poor poor Caroline.

I’m actually so furious at this new narrative when she’s never been shy about showing off her money.

Reactions: 23
not Zoe sugg promoting her instagram when she’s said publicly she has absolutely no idea who she is 🤣🤣
---
But according to Caroline it’s ok- we have softplays!
The soft play is going to fix all of her problems. It’s going to make her kids not bored.

Hii, just recovered Caroline after a while! Only realised I’d seen her before because of her hate towards living in America. Never followed before but remember liking her humour however after seeing her content again felt something off so thought I’d see if there’s a page on here! Does anyone know why she ever moved to america?? Has she always hated living there?

This is such an odd comment. Why not “Kyle will follow later…” Poor Kyle just seems to have his life decided for him based on Caroline’s whims
Ouch that really is brutal. I’m going …sort yourself out.. I do think she is right about knowing what will trigger PPD and not getting sucked into things that will risk that again, but shipping up your whole family across the world and leaving your husband to deal with the rest ?! That’s intense

Reactions: 8
Admittedly I’ve never experienced PND but is moving across the world with 3 children under 5 to live with her mum who she’s admitted isn’t hands on to hang out with the yummy mummies of Surrey and eat M&S ready meals really going to help?!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Admittedly I’ve never experienced PND but is moving across the world with 3 children under 5 to live with her mum who she’s admitted isn’t hands on to hang out with the yummy mummies of Surrey and eat M&S ready meals really going to help?!
It will probably help her personally, just not everyone else.

This is such an odd comment. Why not “Kyle will follow later…” Poor Kyle just seems to have his life decided for him based on Caroline’s whims
She said before she'll be going ahead of kyle anyways because he needs to sort the selling of the house ect?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.