Mummysflippinhouse #4 Mummysflippinlostit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So sheā€™s given Olivia her first purĆ©e, said that they FaceTimed Kyle whilst they did it. Heā€™s going to be here next week so whatā€™s the rush! Just wait until heā€™s here to see it for himself, poor Kyle heā€™s already had to miss out on a lot of Oliviaā€™s life because Caroline couldnā€™t wait a few more months to leave as a family she treats him so awfully. Her exact words were ā€œwe even FaceTimed Kyleā€ as if she deserves a medal šŸ˜­

Reactions: 19
So sheā€™s given Olivia her first purĆ©e, said that they FaceTimed Kyle whilst they did it. Heā€™s going to be here next week so whatā€™s the rush! Just wait until heā€™s here to see it for himself, poor Kyle heā€™s already had to miss out on a lot of Oliviaā€™s life because Caroline couldnā€™t wait a few more months to leave as a family she treats him so awfully. Her exact words were ā€œwe even FaceTimed Kyleā€ as if she deserves a medal šŸ˜­
Olivia is only 5 months as well, lots of research now saying not to start solids too early as babiesā€™ digestive systems are not developed enough.

Reactions: 13
I do think having Carolineā€™s confidence in her own opinions and the way she looks can be a good thing. I wish I hadnā€™t spent so much of my life worrying what people think about me. I wish Iā€™d had such self belief. Resilience is a good thing to teach your kids. But when it verges on verbal abuse of people you NEED to make money off of itā€™s gone too far

Reactions: 12
Iā€™ve honestly never known someone to have such confidence when they wear nighties from Call The Midwife and looks like she washed her hair in the grease left over from the oven chips she had the other night.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Olivia is only 5 months as well, lots of research now saying not to start solids too early as babiesā€™ digestive systems are not developed enough.
Desperate for an Ellaā€™s collab though, who cares about her babies gut?

Reactions: 10
I don't think she has confidence, she has bravado. I bet she's completely different in real life and saves her arguing for the internet where she can hide behind a screen. It's not that I think she's likely to be nice and pleasant in real life, but I suspect she's too deeply insecure to make a fuss in public about things that annoy her.

Reactions: 12
Just like she sleep trained Charlie using the Ferber method at four months which isnā€™t recommended until 6 months and plopped Olivia in a non-lie flat pram until her freebie arrived. She literally does not give a tit about these content babies unless theyā€™re serving her in some way.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Thereā€™s a lot of other research that says that 4-9 months is a sensitive period for introduction of foods, in particular for textures. End of the day it all come down to the kid. I mean I look at myself and I was on solids by 4 months because I was always starving so my parents had to give me something. I know plenty who have waited and been fine too (though by 6 months really should be adding in something by then).

I will say though there is some stuff coming out specific to pouches that people are far more in agreement on - and thatā€™s about how that sucking motion for eating out of pouches shouldnā€™t be a common thing, it should be like rare that kids eat directly from them.

Reactions: 1
Thereā€™s a lot of other research that says that 4-9 months is a sensitive period for introduction of foods, in particular for textures. End of the day it all come down to the kid. I mean I look at myself and I was on solids by 4 months because I was always starving so my parents had to give me something. I know plenty who have waited and been fine too (though by 6 months really should be adding in something by then).

I will say though there is some stuff coming out specific to pouches that people are far more in agreement on - and thatā€™s about how that sucking motion for eating out of pouches shouldnā€™t be a common thing, it should be like rare that kids eat directly from them.
Never even thought to feed my niece directly from the pouch, it was always put into a bowl or at the very least squeezed onto a spoon for her if we were out and stuck for options!

Reactions: 5
I mean according to my mum my brother was fed baby rice from a bottle before he left hospital!! He is 55 so my point is we know a lot more now about how babies develop. And some are not as content as others. If I had my babies over again I would delay feeding solids as long as possible and do baby led weaning. Although I do wonder whether the rash on the babies face means she needs different milk šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 4
I mean according to my mum my brother was fed baby rice from a bottle before he left hospital!! He is 55 so my point is we know a lot more now about how babies develop. And some are not as content as others. If I had my babies over again I would delay feeding solids as long as possible and do baby led weaning. Although I do wonder whether the rash on the babies face means she needs different milk šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I guess this is where it is all different for everyone because I always thought if I had another I would wean a bit sooner as waiting until 6 months my daughter was too lazy and just wanted a bottle over food and was a terrible eater! Often wonder if Iā€™d gone a bit sooner when she was showing interest would it have been different but of course I was a first time mum by the book. Caroline is also giving a mixed pouch and it always says to start one thing at a time to be able to spot intolerances/allergies. I think this makes sense as I have my daughter boiled egg mashed with butter and she came out in hives and I wasnā€™t sure if it was butter or egg! (It was egg but by 3rd time we tried no reaction) reason I wished Iā€™d gone sooner though was my daughters reflux completely stopped the minute she started having food so yeah If id known I would have defo gave her some puree much earlier to stop the reflux.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
And thatā€™s where it comes down to every kid is different - some kids need them a lot earlier for things like hunger or other issues. If you know your kid, and itā€™s likely also doctor recommended go for it. But damn there is so much mom judgement.

Reactions: 2
Noticed the new Coral edition Tripp Trapp high chair too, I imagine gifted but no AD or rant about a receipt so who knows.

Reactions: 6
Just like she sleep trained Charlie using the Ferber method at four months which isnā€™t recommended until 6 months and plopped Olivia in a non-lie flat pram until her freebie arrived. She literally does not give a tit about these content babies unless theyā€™re serving her in some way.
She said on a video ages ago she only likes the newborn stage and isnā€™t particularly maternal. Found it really odd. Why keep having children then?! Oh yes, just for cash!

• Wow
Reactions: 14