Mrs Meldrum #9 Unlimited Dishonesty #Costa Her Integrity. Whatever #Next...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sent Katie a message and said I find her genuine and that I'm sorry that some people have to spoil it and question if she's being genuine and that some people have to spoil it
I did the same. I named Mrs M as being the one to make everyone suspicious of them all!

Reactions: 3
How depressing that food banks are the norm now :(

Don't knock her for encouraging other people to donate, that's a good use of her platform and good if she is encouraging her children to be empathetic and not focused on just accumulating their own wealth but sharing their good fortune with others who are not in the same position. It's not a competition over who can be the most worthy so if other bloggers are pissed off that she is talking about food banks as well, that says more about them than it does about her.

Wondering how her 100,000 sub giveaway is going though? Why is this taking so long to do?
Agreed its sad but since credit crunch food banks have grown.

It's sad lots kids look forward to holidays yet school holidays are what some kids dread as in school they have meals.

If you Google food banks in your area they all have website and specific lists of things they do or do not need with all the local drop off points.
Also how you can volunteer.

I dont think other vloggers on competition whos most charitable.

They probably more annoyed she copies them and brings them loads of questions.
They all tarnished with the same brush.

Of course its great shes done a shop
Highlighted it may mean some sheep will follow suit.

Also she did say she has 1 outstanding commitment to Tesco.

Why is the Garmin Disney ? 2 brands for price of 1. Got off reb too many ads.
That dont seem natural or well done.

I dont think she has good track record with giveaways in past read 1 post where prize never arrived.

She is taking her time.
But so are google with their 100k plaque.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Don’t get me wrong but I think that if you want to do charity you don’t need to advertise it! When it’s done with the goodness of your heart you don’t need others to know you done it. There’s a lot more that she can do and she’s not doing it, she’s not genuine, she wants attention, good old Rebeca! People know about food banks no matter where you are in the country especially this time of the year. It’s all about her?

Reactions: 12
Sorry but doing a food bank shop while you're already in the supermarket is such an easy cop out! Get off your lazy butt and go volunteer at a food bank, get your kids involved and show them rhat their parents spoilt money grabbing way isn't normal. Why not take some time to use your grid or stories to actually advertise the local charities available? As seen with Lee's attempt at fundraising for the Neonatal Unit, Rebecca will do the bare minimum she has to do to keep face. If she put as much effort into supporting charities as she did begging for freebie rugs, hoovers and husbands presents it would make a big difference.

There isn't a charitable bone in that womans body.

Reactions: 17
Gosh, I’m not trying to stick up for her, but I think with regards to the food bank shop she’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. Raising awareness is fab. She doesn’t need to donate quietly, she’s got a large audience. But can you imagine the pasting she’s get if she turned it into a big vid with the kids, having them picking out items etc! That being said, I really hope it’s not an ad for Tesco!

Reactions: 24
Gosh, I’m not trying to stick up for her, but I think with regards to the food bank shop she’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. Raising awareness is fab. She doesn’t need to donate quietly, she’s got a large audience. But can you imagine the pasting she’s get if she turned it into a big vid with the kids, having them picking out items etc! That being said, I really hope it’s not an ad for Tesco!
Think for many it's a case of too little too late and appears to have only happened because she's been called out on it, and because another vlogger did it earlier.
Rebecca had the perfect oppprtunity earlier in the year to get behind a local charity that should be close to her heart given she has benefited from them personally, but she did absolutely nothing for them. It's understandable people are wary of any attempts she makes now

Reactions: 9
I believe Katies is done out of the goodness of her heart I find her very genuine and the most transparent. She always replies to messages and seems like a nice person

Reactions: 7
Gosh, I’m not trying to stick up for her, but I think with regards to the food bank shop she’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t.
I don't think anyone needs rasing awareness of food banks, we sadly all know they exist.

She just does the bare minimum just for pr. She's got so much free time and needs content so she could do much much more.

Reactions: 6
I think the best solution would be for them is to keep their normal jobs. At least keep the husband away from the youtube buisness.
That way you have the integrity to keep on with the youtube stuff you love to do and are not ruled by advertising.
But when greed runs you it soon goes downhill; like the Meldrums are the perfect example of.

Reactions: 4
Don’t get me wrong but I think that if you want to do charity you don’t need to advertise it! When it’s done with the goodness of your heart you don’t need others to know you done it. There’s a lot more that she can do and she’s not doing it, she’s not genuine, she wants attention, good old Rebeca! People know about food banks no matter where you are in the country especially this time of the year. It’s all about her?
I agree. I see right through her facade. She's never cared about food banks before. It's a look at me thing. Narcissism at its best !

I would disagree with that sadly. She doesn't strike me as the charitable type. It's a publicity stunt and certainly not because she is charitable

Reactions: 11
I agree. I see right through her facade. She's never cared about food banks before. It's a look at me thing. Narcissism at its best !

I would disagree with that sadly. She doesn't strike me as the charitable type. It's a publicity stunt and certainly not because she is charitable

If you follow people like Jessica Avey, and organised Mum or even zoella they are always talking about donating things to charity. Organised Mum in particular is very big on charity and giving back. With Mrs M and the other mums who are embroiled in this who non declaring of ad’s fiasco there is no trust now. Even if everything they do is genuine every thing they are saying and doing is just either coming across as very calculated or very dodgy. All of this could have been squashed and put to bed if she had dealt with the DLP situation correctly. I feel like if her and Lee sat down and explained and held there hands up and just apologised with out being passive aggressive. People would have moved on. Instead she sparked the fire further

If she'd taken responsibility over the DLP lies instead of trying to play the victim and make the sheep feel sorry for her it wouldn't have been so bad. Instead she blamed the trolls and the twats for merely calling her out on her lies and dishonesty.

Handled like the spoilt brat she clearly is, instead of a mature adult trying to be a gopd role model for her children

Reactions: 17
And normal service resumes. More " kindly gifted" Winter Woolies from Next. In all seriousness how many free items of clothing does one individual need to grab. In addition to foodbanks there are charities also appealing for warm clothing at the moment. Sorry I don't believe last night 's post was anything more than trying to claw back likes after reading comments, perhaps here, about giving back. Don't believe about reverse advent happening last year, or will happen this year, except to increase views/ engagement! And quite frankly the comment about the " grannies" at the craft night was down right condescending?
And from personal experience doing a charity collection at well known big supermarket, a certain family walked straight past ?

Reactions: 18
And normal service resumes. More " kindly gifted" Winter Woolies from Next. In all seriousness how many free items of clothing does one individual need to grab. In addition to foodbanks there are charities also appealing for warm clothing at the moment. Sorry I don't believe last night 's post was anything more than trying to claw back likes after reading comments, perhaps here, about giving back. Don't believe about reverse advent happening last year, or will happen this year except to increase views/ engagement! And quite frankly the comment about the " grannies" at the craft night was down right condescending?
And from personal experience doing a charity collection at well known big supermarket, a certain family walked straight past ?
The comment about “grannies” was so patronising.

And just for clarity I wasn’t meaning that she should do with her children what I did with mine, just that yet again she did the minimum and I feel there was a larger subject area that, for me, would have made me feel she was being authentic about a cause she cared about. Because she doesn’t appear to care much about anything that doesn’t personally affect her.

Ok can anyone find anything from last years Christmas with her and the ‘girlies’ doing a reverse advent calendar? Anything at all? I don’t really follow her on anything other than YT ( not even there now just here ?) her insta/blog?? Call me suspicious but I really don’t remember her saying anything about it and im sure she would have!! As for the food bank, whilst any food is of course good, in her case I can’t help but think it’s either an AD or just trying to get brownie points. Just how I view her now, unless there’s something in it for Reb she’s not interested, just my opinion mind ?

Reactions: 11
Ok can anyone find anything from last years Christmas with her and the ‘girlies’ doing a reverse advent calendar? Anything at all? I don’t really follow her on anything other than YT ( not even there now just here ?) her insta/blog?? Call me suspicious but I really don’t remember her saying anything about it and im sure she would have!! As for the food bank, whilst any food is of course good, in her case I can’t help but think it’s either an AD or just trying to get brownie points. Just how I view her now, unless there’s something in it for Reb she’s not interested, just my opinion mind ?

It's odd I feel sure she would of done a video or insts post.
It seems like more Mrs meldrum content than meldrums.

Ok genuinely curious now as its never ending.

Does a paid partnership with next mean paid money or paid in items.

She's declared black and white jumper on stories as kindly gifted as part of ad campaign and today shows another kindly gifted next jumper today.

That's on top of gifted

Non binary coat
Gifted kids coat
Gifted plastic Barbour coat and pink duvet coat.
Gifted boots
Do we assume poppy and florries latest clothes haul was gifted I do.
Gifted lamp in family room
Gifted lighting and mirrors in her bedroom
Gifted curtains and bedding kids rooms

Easily 1k plus of freebies.

So sick of next.
Messaged them via insta no response
Emailing head office and telling them in boycotting them.

Reactions: 8
Lots of reasons why she has done it, mainly a lot that have been mentioned here. She posted about charities she would be supporting next year and she was asked what she supported this year.

Like their all expenses vip trip to Disney paid by Tesco alone with the paid partnership with F&F. Then the following week advertising that they are doing a food shop in Aldi (which I believe was in a vlog not sure didn’t watch it).

The whole reverse advent calendar that Emily spoke about, most of the floggers hadn’t heard about it and thought it was a great idea, I’m pretty sure she was one of them too beating on in her instastories how much of a great idea it was.

But low and behold edgy apparently did it last year, so she says in the recent photo, which is likely news to a lot of people as at that point in time they were still doing the meldrums channel I’m sure that would have made great content if it actually happened. But then again that would have been round about the same time as she was selling a PR items on Facebook.

Oh Looky look it probably was!! 20th Nov 2017. (Screenshot from previous poster in other thread) CE381964-BC20-40A4-BF6C-4F0F0C214498.png

They didn’t fundraise quietly for the NICU but she couldn’t even be bothered to go watch Lee run.

One minute she says I don’t think to shop in charity shops, next oh I’ve been buying clothes for the girls from charity shops while she is showing #gifted Next stuff almost every day & night. Swipe up with my af link.

She doesn’t know her arse from her elbow right now. Along with other reasons this is why people have gone off her. The only consistencies is the inconsistence with what she says.

I suppose my issue is the amount of flogging brand after brand after brand oh this is great, I absolutely love this, use my exclusive discount code, while deceiving all the #gifted items, with “I got this” “have been sent this”. Buy buy buy people, and while your at it look at me shopping for the food bank.

Everything she does is around money, but very seldom hers.

Reactions: 18
If small businesses are sending them products hoping for them to be shared on her inst/yt I really hope she sends them back if not used or gives the business the money she makes if she really does sell them on. Makes me sad to think she's pocketing money for these small businesses products.

If you follow people like Jessica Avey, and organised Mum or even zoella they are always talking about donating things to charity. Organised Mum in particular is very big on charity and giving back. With Mrs M and the other mums who are embroiled in this who non declaring of ad’s fiasco there is no trust now. Even if everything they do is genuine every thing they are saying and doing is just either coming across as very calculated or very dodgy. All of this could have been squashed and put to bed if she had dealt with the DLP situation correctly. I feel like if her and Lee sat down and explained and held there hands up and just apologised with out being passive aggressive. People would have moved on. Instead she sparked the fire further
That will never happen because they see themselves above all their followers

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.