Mrs Meldrum #85 taking a natural journey to obscurity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she wouldn't keep self diagnosing why Poppy doesn't sleep. Her viewers could give out misleading, incorrect or even dangerous advise and others might follow it.

Reactions: 18
If there’s ever an attention seeking bandwagon then Rebecca will literally throw herself on it.

there is nothing wrong with Poppy. Nothing. She doesn’t have restless legs. She doesn’t have hyper mobility. She’s just a toddler who isn’t a particularly great sleeper and she’s got 2 parents who haven’t got a brain cell between them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I watched the little part of the ‘vlog’ to hear what she’s saying about Poppy.
🤬
Firstly don’t pretend you feel bad for Poppy, you only care about yourself. Secondly she has no problem other than her parents!!! Stop forcing her to nap, stimulate her and maybe give her some attention without a camera in her face!
Thirdly, and most annoyingly......I work with children whose parents would kill for them to have no issues....sleep and hyper mobility included. You have googled and found the next thing you can tag onto your poor child for engagement and it’s disgusting!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My 11 year old daughter suffers on and off with sore legs at night - has done since she was about 2 - she is very tall and I am convinced it’s growing pains. A lot of people disagree that they exist but I remember having them myself. Did I need a diagnosis - no! A wee spoon of calpol, a warm water bottle and a bit of a massage and she was fine. The reason Poppy is not sleeping is because she is being allowed a mahoosive nap every day! As an adult if I nap through the day I do not sleep well. At moment our bedtime/sleep routine is out the window so later bedtimes and getting up times as there is no need for us thankfully to leave the house. It’s not rocket science!!!! Also if Poppy had hyper mobility she would have more symptoms than just not sleeping, her coordination would be poor. More meldrum bullshit!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I watched the little part of the ‘vlog’ to hear what she’s saying about Poppy.
🤬
Firstly don’t pretend you feel bad for Poppy, you only care about yourself. Secondly she has no problem other than her parents!!! Stop forcing her to nap, stimulate her and maybe give her some attention without a camera in her face!
Thirdly, and most annoyingly......I work with children whose parents would kill for them to have no issues....sleep and hyper mobility included. You have googled and found the next thing you can tag onto your poor child for engagement and it’s disgusting!
She just frustrates me, having spent almost 3 yrs going through the diagnosis process for, asd,spd, hypermobility and dyspraxia, she really has no idea. I wouldn’t change my child but I would take away the pain she goes through, struggling to walk, holding a pencil to write and many other things. I don’t understand her obsession with Poppy’s lack of sleeping having to be a medical reason. And she can’t accept she just needs to entertain her, it also annoys me how there’s no face to face interaction, at the start of the video she talks to poppy through the camera lense, it’s all so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
As someone who is hypermobile I do not understand why it would stop me sleeping 🙈 My joints are more flexible than the average persons, the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If she's willing to part with £25 and stick the kids in their rooms for 10hrs she could do an online course and learn how to groom the horse herself.

Of course though, she'd never part with twenty five quid. Kids in their room for 10hrs 👌

(Effing hate that emoji but I know they both love it)

View attachment 134457
She wouldn't have the sticking power either! 🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕🕖🕗🕘🕙🕚🕛 😁

Looks good though, for the same hours that someone would dedicated to x1 basic working day (8 hours plus your couple hour each side for commuting & getting ready)

If i had a dog, i would! Worst im stuck with is trying to get a cat's toenails trimmed haha! The vet tried to teach me, but clearly the cat knows who's boss when the vet isn't around. (and it's not me 😂) - she's been having none of it the poor furball, tap dancing her way about the house!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just unsubscribed from Sweaty Betty emails and have decided not to buy anymore of their stuff. I usually like what they do, I spend approx 80% of my time in running/cycling clothing, but I just can’t get on board with their decision to use sweaty Beggy.
Me too. Totally put off. She’s the opposite of an influencer - she repels me away from everything she is and has.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My eldest has hypermobility. He’s also a shocking sleeper even now at 8 🤦‍♀️ However i don’t put the two together. His main issue is in his hands and it took him a long time to learn to write and still gets a really sore hand when he writes for two long. Lack of sleep wouldn’t mean hypermobil - what other symptoms does Poppy have? 🤬 seriously stop trying to medicate the poor little thing. She needs stimulation - physical and mental, and ffs drop the naps. It will be hard at first as whimsy’s she’s awake at night she will want a day nap but keep her up and get out of the cycle

• Heart
There is nothing wrong with Poppy! She just isn’t a good sleeper. My eldest was the same he would be in bed every night by 7.30 ( I couldn’t keep awake by this time) but every morning he would be awake by 4am ready to play. I didn’t for one minute think there was anything wrong with him, but there is no way I would let him nap in the middle of the day.
Poppy is nearly 3 and she shouldn’t be napping in the middle of the day.
I really don’t get why she thinks there is something wrong with Poppy, it’s almost like she wants there to be which is so strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Another example of her not being in the real World, she thinks a shout out will get her a free dog groom, not realising that dog groomers can name their own price.

There is nothing wrong with Poppy! She just isn’t a good sleeper

However, she is very good at a daytime nap:unsure:. I had a bad sleeper who didn't sleep night or day - that is a bad sleeper.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Of course the first thing she is excited about is school going back in august - Our kids in scotland are only going in part time, she could find the 2 big girls are in at different times and she will be back and forward all day

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Beyond ready to see her friends ... thought she seen them the other day on the bike ride ... she does realise that it's not like go round to maureens for a cuppy it's still socially distancing etc

• Haha
She is the only mother I’ve come across that’s happy her kids are going back to school. I was relieved when they didn’t announce my daughters year group

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Beyond ready to see her friends ... thought she seen them the other day on the bike ride ... she does realise that it's not like go round to maureens for a cuppy it's still socially distancing etc
Also very telling she said friends - further hinting that they have been seeing her parents

Reactions: 23
Can I ask if there’s any other mums on here who get to lie on a hammock and gitter about on social media?? I’m only on because I’m rocking my teething baby to sleep, I usually don’t get 2 minutes to pee on my own.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.