Mrs Meldrum #85 taking a natural journey to obscurity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn’t actually done two a week though has she lately? I mean surely there are influencers who just do insta, are there? There’s no pre-requisite to do youtube at all heck there’s no requirement to do any of it, the lazy cocunt.

Reactions: 8
This is a legit question so please don't jump down my throat + hope I don't offend anyone!
BUT, I have a scouse accent, people CONSTANTLY repeat things back to me / talk to me / laugh at me putting on my accent...
I'm pretty sure I probs have some clients who witch about me behind my back mocking my accent too...
Question is, whether or not I find this annoying, distasteful, funny etc - why would this not be seen as derogatory / racist but if I was to say something in an Indian accent it would be?
I personally think it is derogatory depending on how people say it iykwim. Like when people link accents to stereo types such as people from Yorkshire are all thick, Cornish people are all farmers etc. I'm fascinated by accents and love Scouse accents so I could listen to you all day 😍😂

Going down to 2 blogs now are we?
God at this point why doesn't she just jack it all in!

Reactions: 6
Basically what she said in the vlog was that they aren't getting the views or AD money from doing youtube anymore so it's not worth the effort so are dropping down to two vlogs a week. One for The Meldrums, one for hers.
The views for her channel have been at similar level for years even with the increasing subs the views never really increased. By the looks of it the Meldrum channel views are similar to what they were when it was pulled 2 years ago.

From social blade The Meldrum channel was likely bringing in around £100 a month, Mrs Meldrum £350, but with the decrease (some other youtubers saying down 80%) in ad revenue it’s probably bringing in peanuts. Plus with the the chance of no free holidays manifesting for the Meldrums channel, and only Tropics to flog on her own channel for the foreseeable future no wonder she’s given it the heave ho to concentrate washing her face on the mind.body.hole page.

Reactions: 13
Belittling you for your accent is not ok. It's not racism though because you're not a separate race.

Belittling or mocking someone for speaking English in an "Indian" accent (quick pause to say there will be many individual accents in India as there are here) is racist because you're mocking someone of a different race and using stereotypes to put them down.

Indian people, and basically all non-white people, in this country have had decades of being treated as second class citizens. They STILL battle against inherent prejudices. The least we can do as white people is to try and stop being cunts for five minutes.

I can't believe it's 2020 and this needs to still be explained.
I actually am a WOC - with a scouse accent - this is quite an amusing response as you clearly have presumed I am a white person from Liverpool?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
What a pointless vlog....

And what “big changes” is she talking about? All she’s done is verbalised the fact that she can’t be arsed making videos anymore so they aren’t going to bother (I loved the passive aggressive dig about how “not many people are watching”😂😂😂)

I do wonder then, as others have said, why bother at all?? If all it’s going to be is 2 boring vlogs, which let’s face it is all they have been uploading for months now - what’s the point? It’s the same boring, monotonous, banal, pointless crap they film every single time. They don’t do or say anything new or interesting. It’s just clips of her pretending to tidy the house of putting make up on, cut with clips of poppy asking for food or them traipsing through “the woods” - it’s bleeping boring.

Just give up.

I can’t see this comment on the you tube page so I guess she’s already deleted it!!!! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm officially lost for words 🙄View attachment 132533
I'm officially lost for words 🙄View attachment 132533
That's bonkers. Why would you expose your family to the YouTube world in the first place?

What a pointless vlog....

And what “big changes” is she talking about? All she’s done is verbalised the fact that she can’t be arsed making videos anymore so they aren’t going to bother (I loved the passive aggressive dig about how “not many people are watching”😂😂😂)

I do wonder then, as others have said, why bother at all?? If all it’s going to be is 2 boring vlogs, which let’s face it is all they have been uploading for months now - what’s the point? It’s the same boring, monotonous, banal, pointless crap they film every single time. They don’t do or say anything new or interesting. It’s just clips of her pretending to tidy the house of putting make up on, cut with clips of poppy asking for food or them traipsing through “the woods” - it’s bleeping boring.

Just give up.

I can’t see this comment on the you tube page so I guess she’s already deleted it!!!! 🤣
She said at the end of the vlogs she's happy to answer questions in the comments, so why not engage then?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Shes wearing sweaty betty clothing in the vlogg why is it not #ad 🙄

Usually puts ad and linked the items here
Nah, that's when she can be arsed to aff link! She knows her sheep wouldn't fork out for sweaty Betty so pointless linking them! If it were the Ebay ones she'd be all over it!

Reactions: 6
I actually am a WOC - with a scouse accent - this is quite an amusing response as you clearly have presumed I am a white person from Liverpool?
Nah because scouse accents aren't separating people along race lines.

As in my point about racism remains. Doesn't matter what race you are, the mocking of a scouse accent isn't going to be racist. And when I was speaking about "we" it was the more general "we".

You've your opinion and I have mine. I don't think it's acceptable to be copying someone's accent at all for any mocking or derogatory purposes and where that's a white person doing it to a POC then yeah I do think it's racist.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have many friends who are not white or Christian some of them despite having to deal with racism are themselves racist ! They would comment on Asians and Indian cultures and those of my friends who are Indian , Pakistani they have said things about West Indian and African people’s people of colour can be racist about people of colour too it’s not exclusive to White people , racism is sadly a part of life because people minimise it saying it’s only joking or they repeat phrases they have heard without ever wondering how they came about , I am sure that certainly in my younger years I probably did too but we now have education at our finger tips no excuse for anyone to claim that they don’t know or understand there are many books written by those who have experienced racism in all its forms , if you are going to put yourself out there as an influencer then you have a duty to educate yourself and not pass on your bad behaviour to others we can’t tell people what to think or even say when in their own homes but we definitely can criticise those who put themselves out there , Meldrum wants the money she doesn’t care about her followers or how her behaviour reflects on them , if she had educated herself and admitted that yes some of her comments were racist but that she hadn't intended this and just said sorry and stopped doing it then we wouldn’t need to be discussing this subject here again and again .

Reactions: 9
This is a legit question so please don't jump down my throat + hope I don't offend anyone!
BUT, I have a scouse accent, people CONSTANTLY repeat things back to me / talk to me / laugh at me putting on my accent...
I'm pretty sure I probs have some clients who witch about me behind my back mocking my accent too...
Question is, whether or not I find this annoying, distasteful, funny etc - why would this not be seen as derogatory / racist but if I was to say something in an Indian accent it would be?
Soz off topic but also a proud scouse🙋🏽‍♀️🙋🏽‍♀️🙋🏽‍♀️🙋🏽‍♀️🙋🏽‍♀️ Anyone else find it mindblowingly annoying when people imitate your accent (especially when it’s bad) I work with a girl from Essex and she gets it all the time🤯

Reactions: 5
The majority of her following is there for vlogs and YouTube videos... when she stops that, the sheep are going to slowly start finding new mum influencers to follow... leaving her with nobody to blindly buy her shite?

Reactions: 10
Oh so now the dog is feral 🙄... Makes a change from your child I suppose. He's really needs training, jumping up like that and not being corrected, there's going to be an injury to one of those girls or another visiting child.

The majority of her following is there for vlogs and YouTube videos... when she stops that, the sheep are going to slowly start finding new mum influencers to follow... leaving her with nobody to blindly buy her shite?
Exactly, plenty of far better influencers and why would anyone stick with her just for tropics for no return?

Reactions: 11
I follow mind.body.arse for the crack. I've also recently been added to a Tropic group run by local mum. (Dont use Trppic but too polite to decline the group). The work she puts into it is far more than our Beggy does and it makes me sick that she wont earn a fraction of what Rebecca does. Influences shouldn't be allowed to join MLM's end of.

Rebecca will be back to her vlogs and you tube when the Tropic stuff dies a death or long enough that she hopes people forget about all the awful stuff she has done

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.