Mrs Meldrum #84 Kids in their rooms while she sips on tea, parenting’s easy, isn’t it Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are absolutely right to raise this.

I am disappointed in myself for not noticing the issues around this language. I live in a place with few BAEM residents and since liftgate have been trying to educate myself about casual racism.

Thank you for raising this.
At least you’re trying to do better ❤ It’s a really outdated and ignorant stereotype. When we were at uni on nights out he would get random people just touching his hair and saying “oh it’s actually really soft” 🙄 I’m going to hope that she didn’t realise that fro is short for Afro and the connotation she has made, and now that she’s read here 😉 she will change it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Question, say they were furloughed/claiming the self employed grant thinga-ma-bob. How would that work? At what point can you say i am unable to film you tube vlogs due to covid 19? Also, surely her tropics earnings and his pay has to come into it? I am naive when it comes to all things self employed and taxes etc but surely you couldnt claim the self employed grant when you are earning commissions that she is??

The furlough scheme is fairly simple. If your work has dried up due to the covid situation - which could loosely be applied to anyone who’s work has stopped/dried up - and you are a paid employee of a business - irrespective of your own personal finances or other income etc - you can apply for furlough of 80% of your usual salary. You aren’t allowed to do any work for that particular company while on furlough but you can work for other companies if you choose to and this doesn’t effect your furlough payments. So if you had a bricklayer who was employed by a firm who’s got no work at the moment, he can furlough and then go and work at Tesco - but he can’t do his bricklaying for the company paying his furlough.

Not a chance that he’ll not be working after his two weeks off, what about the home renovation of dreams that won’t pay for itself.... tropics bonus this month will pay for a some improvements but see that house as a money pit that both need to stay working long term to keep.

I’ve no doubt he will be back at work on the rig - unless he’s unfortunate and is laid off. He’s allowed to do that though even if he was on furlough from Mrs M Ltd.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Question, say they were furloughed/claiming the self employed grant thinga-ma-bob. How would that work? At what point can you say i am unable to film you tube vlogs due to covid 19? Also, surely her tropics earnings and his pay has to come into it? I am naive when it comes to all things self employed and taxes etc but surely you couldnt claim the self employed grant when you are earning commissions that she is??
To claim the self employed grant you have to be a sole trader not limited company and gross less than £50k average per year over past 3 tax years. I suspect they are limited company not sole traders. If self employed and claiming grant you can continue to work. You should claim if covid 19 had affected your income but they don’t actually ask for proof that it has.
If you are limited company and furlough yourself you cannot do any work at all for the business. Eg the owner of the dental practice I work for has furloughed all the nurses and receptionists, he can’t furlough himself as he is still technically working by triaging patient calls and sorting wages etc so he is getting zero financial support. The dentists are self employed so sort themselves out.

Reactions: 1
The furlough scheme is fairly simple. If your work has dried up due to the covid situation - which could loosely be applied to anyone who’s work has stopped/dried up - and you are a paid employee of a business - irrespective of your own personal finances or other income etc - you can apply for furlough of 80% of your usual salary. You aren’t allowed to do any work for that particular company while on furlough but you can work for other companies if you choose to and this doesn’t effect your furlough payments. So if you had a bricklayer who was employed by a firm who’s got no work at the moment, he can furlough and then go and work at Tesco - but he can’t do his bricklaying for the company paying his furlough.

I’ve no doubt he will be back at work on the rig - unless he’s unfortunate and is laid off. He’s allowed to do that though even if he was on furlough from Mrs M Ltd.
I doubt very much either of them are furloughed. And even if they were, they would be getting a pittance because they would probably only have paid themselves a small salary, for tax reasons, and taken dividends.

Anyway, I think it's probably all moot as I think the reason there hasn't been a vlog is simply because she couldn't be arsed!

Reactions: 9
Surely they are not silly to furlough themselves when every other youtuber are still putting out video!! She will receive so much backlash and lose a lot respect from all the other influencers

Reactions: 2
But surely the fact she had put out what 3/4 ads in the last week or so? That has to have an impact on mrs m the business?? Unless it is all seperate to you tube and the rigs? It must be more likely that they just cant be arsed with you tube anymore.

Reactions: 3
But surely the fact she had put out what 3/4 ads in the last week or so? That has to have an impact on mrs m the business?? Unless it is all seperate to you tube and the rigs? It must be more likely that they just cant be arsed with you tube anymore.
yea surely ads on Mrs m means she’s still getting work and money! So her business is still earning!!

I think she’s just giving up because tropics is making way more money for her now!!

found myself on a wee bit of a natural journey not just in skin care but around the house too !
what other natural journey can you go on ?
Natural yogurt down below?
Natural journey around the house ? What on earth is she on about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
i think @fireflies mentioned this up thread.......
Look how much she’s posted about Tropics and how much she’s sold/made.
Remember her fundraising ‘efforts’ for Poppy’s neo natal & the 2 local charities......

Ooh the cringe is real from her stories 😬🙈

Reactions: 11
I think it’s a mix of CBA on her behalf and/or she ad videos to go and that is stopped since they have been pulled.
Also I can’t help think that something is definitely going on with Lee, he normally can’t wait to gram his return with the girls (I actually always like it because P is so delighted to have her Daddy)

Reactions: 8
found myself on a wee bit of a natural journey not just in skin care but around the house too !
what other natural journey can you go on ?
Natural yogurt down below?
Natural journey around the house ? What on earth is she on about 😂

🤣

She talks absolute shite doesn’t she?!

She’s just such an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i think @fireflies mentioned this up thread.......
Look how much she’s posted about Tropics and how much she’s sold/made.
Remember her fundraising ‘efforts’ for Poppy’s neo natal & the 2 local charities......

Ooh the cringe is real from her stories 😬🙈
Aye, its all about her...no chance of anything charitable unless charity begins at home with old rebeggar!!

Reactions: 10
Bloody hell, lees latest story about the bird feeder? Who cares about the bird feeder but Lee looks awful!! His eyes. I know he’s come off nightshift but he doesn’t look right. I’m not slagging him off, I’m worried for him, he looks ill.

I thought the same thing about the use of the word ‘fro’ to describe the dog’s lack of grooming. She is so ignorant.

Ooh and she’s now changed the phrase to ‘hair-do’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Ah I know alot of you are worried about Lee but don’t be worrying...it’s just that he’s looking very tired in the eyes and also upset about Rebecca making a hole in his hose... which has finished off his garden of dreams for this summer. 😢

Bloody hell, lees latest story about the bird feeder? Who cares about the bird feeder but Lee looks awful!! His eyes. I know he’s come off nightshift but he doesn’t look right. I’m not slagging him off, I’m worried for him, he looks ill.

Three likes on pics? Not much engagement.

@EdgyLegend suppose about Rebecca and Lee's relationship, unless you've anything else to spill ☕

Also, is it ok to ask if you think there will be ever be a time you can show us photos of painting the kitchen
Why would you think I know intimate details of their relationship?

Tired, looks ill and subdued.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.