Mrs Meldrum #79 Let's have a re-cap, use a black pen for an instant thigh gap.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont agree with having to ‘buy snacks’ and especially when there is fruit in their baskets! Thats so wrong. Instead of paying your children with money to do chores to pay for snacks, do other things with them. When house wife’s do housework they dont get paid for chores for food 🤷🏼‍♀️
Totally agree with this.
snacks are free in my house and pocket money is given for chores

Reactions: 9
The whole point of the tuck shop idea was to get kids doing maths. You gave them coins to buy a snack, like a shop, they don't have to earn the coins it was just a way to incorporate learning.

I have done snack boxes for my kids (purely so they aren't asking me 7billion times a day for a snack), that's what they get for the day, it's biscuits and treats and crisps, once it's gone it's gone. They can have fruit whenever they want, it isn't included in their boxes as it's unlimited (for the time being 😭😂).

She's doing this all wrong. You can't eat until you've done a job for me...bonkers!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
The whole point of the tuck shop idea was to get kids doing maths. You gave them coins to buy a snack, like a shop, they don't have to earn the coins it was just a way to incorporate learning.

I have done snack boxes for my kids (purely so they aren't asking me 7billion times a day for a snack), that's what they get for the day, it's biscuits and treats and crisps, once it's gone it's gone. They can have fruit whenever they want, it isn't included in their boxes as it's unlimited (for the time being 😭😂).

She's doing this all wrong. You can't eat until you've done a job for me...bonkers!
This makes much more sense, the idea of learning to count out the right amount of change etc...
The way she's doing it just adds more fuel to my perception that their house is a negative, cold (literally) joy-vacuum to live in.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The 2 oldest are use to being in school and poppy nursery having snack & lunch at a set time!! No need for this snack basket crap! Poppy is just 2 Having to do chores for money while the mothers idea of cleaning is using her sleeve. By next week it will be forgotten about

My oldest is ASD and have just set Alexa to go off the same time as break time and lunch time at school to keep some routine for them so they are not clock watching. They are not able to graze all day at school so no need for when at home.

All these instahuns trying to keep up with the latest Pinterest trend and call it a HACK!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The 2 oldest are use to being in school and poppy nursery having snack & lunch at a set time!! No need for this snack basket crap! Poppy is just 2 Having to do chores for money while the mothers idea of cleaning is using her sleeve. By next week it will be forgotten about

My oldest is ASD and have just set Alexa to go off the same time as break time and lunch time at school to keep some routine for them so they are not clock watching. They are not able to graze all day at school so no need for when at home.

All these instahuns trying to keep up with the latest Pinterest trend and call it a HACK!
Thank you, the Alexa going off at break/lunch is a brilliant idea. My daughter is autistic and anything to keep a routine is helpful. This is more helpful than getting my child to sweep the chimney for stale Rich tea!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We have a snack box for each child in my house. They choose 3 snacks so it’s their playtime snack, after school snack and an after dinner snack. It’s the same amount they always have but I just didn’t want the kids thinking they can help themselves to whatever they want whenever they want. Water and fruit are exceptions to this however they don’t graze on fruit at school either so snacking is kept to a minimum while at home. I looked at the tuck shop idea but as so many have said it’s for using their math skills, not a cheap bit of child labour. Once again she just continues to excel at this..

Finally beggy stop filming your child while she’s doing her reading. Be present if you are assisting her with the reading.

Reactions: 18
bleeping Christ, is she wearing a whistle round her neck?!
I’ll get your PGCE out to you in the post Reb seen as you’ve ACED it already and made it look SO easy 😇😇😇
She fills me with rage 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
P having quiet time in her room. Aka shove in, door shut, mama needs a hot cup of tea.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Pocket money was for chores and to be spent or saved for treats outside the house. There could be short term gratification with a favourite comic or the long haul slog for the lego !! It was their money and they learned how to save ....or not !
Snacks were at 'snack time' and fruit was free access which was usually after sports / trampolining etc when they had expended a lot of energy. I have never had my children 'buy' food in the house.
If you are going to do the 'tuck shop or shopping' model for learning to use money, work out what combination of items you can buy with what money you have and will you get change from your purchase, then give them some money and have some pencils, novelty erasers etc, or set up a shop in the kitchen with items from your cupboards and play 'shops'. You can play shops without them having to buy the sodding fish fingers for their tea so why make them 'earn' the money for their snacks. When more than one child they can take turns at shop keeper and shopper, just as you take turns at banker in Monopoly. Make learning fun, not a friggin' chore. !

Off topic but has anyone heard anything about the piggies - still freezing their butts off in garage, gone to the farm:(, given away as been replaced by more fun pet.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
What if they want an ice-cream?
Surely they won't have to pay for something that the sheep have already paid the pennies for so the girls could have ice-cream?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Lol laughing at everyone's comments
Haven't had chance see what she's upto it's not been a smooth Monday.

All 3 schools keep emailing me more work
Senior school set a timetable of 5hours of work a day.
That's crazy both me and the eldest said she's not doing it.
She's year 9 so told her just focus on cure maths English and science.
Regular reading and 1 hour of something active a say trampoline or just dance.
My kids are very sporty.
My son's played tennis with next door over the fence so 2 metres apart.

My 2 primary kids year 4 and 5 1 hour maths so online times tables and worksheets.

English reading writing worksheets reading comprehension.

Today we did design own newspaper which was going well until toddler drew ona bit of it due massive meltdown from SEN son

He calmed down garden for an hour and toddler napping.

This afternoon no work just play in garden as it's sunny.
Watch a film or t.v. show
Do Lego play dough or paint.

Is Lee back off shore tommorow or wed.

Reactions: 3
Wonder if he’ll go?
I work in the local hospital. We are all shitting it.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The
Pocket money was for chores and to be spent or saved for treats outside the house. There could be short term gratification with a favourite comic or the long haul slog for the lego !! It was their money and they learned how to save ....or not !
Snacks were at 'snack time' and fruit was free access which was usually after sports / trampolining etc when they had expended a lot of energy. I have never had my children 'buy' food in the house.
If you are going to do the 'tuck shop or shopping' model for learning to use money, work out what combination of items you can buy with what money you have and will you get change from your purchase, then give them some money and have some pencils, novelty erasers etc, or set up a shop in the kitchen with items from your cupboards and play 'shops'. You can play shops without them having to buy the sodding fish fingers for their tea so why make them 'earn' the money for their snacks. When more than one child they can take turns at shop keeper and shopper, just as you take turns at banker in Monopoly. Make learning fun, not a friggin' chore. !

Off topic but has anyone heard anything about the piggies - still freezing their butts off in garage, gone to the farm:(, given away as been replaced by more fun pet.
The piggies are at the Nursery now.....Probably having a much better life..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Does she read here? I commented on lack of book info and then today there has been shared pics etc

Reactions: 7
Waiting for her to start making her kids swipe up in exchange for a fruity snack.
Sorry but this is all levels of wrong. The chore list for one.. Rebecca doesn’t do any tidying or cleaning at all but expects her kids to do it in order to earn them selves a fruit snack. duck off you little cretin

I’ve seen these ideas for snack baskets.
They’re a good idea if your kids do graze all day long but to charge them for it and charge a 2 year old for a bleeping kiwi are you taking the piss??

I’m sure their kids are having a hard time with this adjustment just like most kids in the country so chucking them into this regimented “do a chore to earn a snack” is bleeping ridiculous Rebecca. I know you’re now going to try and be this “Pinterest mum” (her quote not mine) but you’re a lazy selfish entitled little brat so it ain’t going to stick sunshine
She makes my blood boil. What kind of a decent parent charges her kids for snacks or food of any kind? That is not ok.

What kind of snacks are those anyway, and they are nowhere near enough for the whole day. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.