Mrs Meldrum #69 Tattle & me 2020 ed. Manifesting together, spouting bull forever!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't watched the latest video...But I get the vibe from the comments. I think I mentioned before that what she is doing could and is damaging...There is most likely a Mum out there not feeling good enough because they can't fit their nail appointment in or make it to the gym!

Reactions: 12
I haven't watched the latest video...But I get the vibe from the comments. I think I mentioned before that what she is doing could and is damaging...There is most likely a Mum out there not feeling good enough because they can't fit their nail appointment in or make it to the gym!
Exactly! Beggy forgets she can squeeze in a cheeky gym sesh or a nail or hair appointment because she’s not got to worry about timing it around a job or childcare. She has the live in help at home 3 weeks at a time then the grandparents on the doorstep for the 14 days Pat is away. Beggy is a walking contradiction, trying to tell working Mums how to be organised, look out clothes the night before yet it wasn’t too long ago in a vlog she’s doing a fashion show in the morning changing her mind about her new dress she bought that she’s not going to wear in actual fact to playgroup. Beggy’s days don’t have routine or consistency or structure. It’s all “pottery” or “slow”. How many real life working parents do you know who just have “slow days”? She makes out like she has her tit together but the house is a hovel, she might fake some mess for YouTube but you can’t fake a clear layer of dust on your bedside table. Then she’s got days where all she gives poppy for lunch is a bowl of beans as she’s got no bread and awaiting a shop.. Beggy is not a parenting role model, she is the absolute epitome of how not to do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I don’t understand this. If anyone is that easily affected by a YouTuber I’d consider that their issue. I’ve seen this on several threads eg Joe Wicks is making other parents feel bad. The only person who can make you feel bad is yourself.

Reactions: 5
@MoanieMummy Hopefully anyone who feels that they can't live up to Mrs Meldrums' fake perfect life will find this thread.

I do think insta mums have completed lost touch with reality. No added pot plant or to do list is ever going to bring then back from Stepford Mum Land.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's not even squeezing them into our schedules that's the problem for us mere mortals, its affording them!

Reactions: 14
I must’ve missed this how does it relate to victor meldrum?
Because she was singing it in one of her recent vlogs during the “fake dancing and singing in the kitchen and pretend we r such a fun family” segment

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t understand this. If anyone is that easily affected by a YouTuber I’d consider that their issue. I’ve seen this on several threads eg Joe Wicks is making other parents feel bad. The only person who can make you feel bad is yourself.
Sadly there will be...I know mums who compare themselves to her...They look up to her!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Are you kidding?
How can people be so affected by Youtube/people online???
This is the entire point. People are. It’s social media - it’s marketing! It’s called influencing for a reason, it influences people. If it didn’t “have an effect” then why would they use adverts on videos and why would influencers #AD almost anything for a fee????
I think you’re entirely missing the point. Most of the people following these people don’t even know they are being influenced and vulnerable or not they do have an effect on people often with really upsetting consequences.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Finally unfollowed. Not just her but other instamums. Her recent vlogs and insta stories have tipped me over the edge. I'm going through an incredibly painful divorce at the moment (husband had an affair) and I would love to have the life she has. Childcare on tap, disposable income, able to do the school run everyday....
I'm working flat out whilst juggling childcare, trying (and failing at times) to support my eldest who is finding this understandably really hard. I've been left with no money (joint account was emptied 🙄) so have had to ask my parents for some and I have to find somewhere to live as the house is in his name. My youngest is similar to Poppy and I'm sick of her whinging. Yes I find him challenging but he's also great company when on form! His speech has been slow to develop but we're getting there as I chat away to him and actually spend time with him. Gggrrrr she's really got my back up and doesn't know how good she has it. Nails and hair appointments make a busy day?! My word, she needs a reality check as do, Katie Elison, MOD/FOD/, Brummy Mummy.

Sorry for long post! Just had to get it off my chest!
We're in the same boat, hope you're doing ok!

Reactions: 6
Sadly there will be...I know mums who compare themselves to her...They look up to her!
Do you not think that’s their issue? They are adult women with children choosing what to watch. I understand comparing yourself to your friends, sibling etc to a point, but if anyone has a negative emotional reaction to a YouTuber I think they need to work on themselves a bit.

Reactions: 3
Do you not think that’s their issue? They are adult women with children choosing what to watch. I understand comparing yourself to your friends, sibling etc to a point, but if anyone has a negative emotional reaction to a YouTuber I think they need to work on themselves a bit.
What do you suggest?
Got any Boden jumpers for them?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think, unfortunately, while those on here may be baffled by what seems to be the gullibility of those people following these ‘Instamums’, it’s naive to pin the blame on them for ‘their issues’.
It’s a real shame that so many of them think of these women as ‘friends’, when in reality they, and the brands using them to advertise, know exactly what they’re doing in sucking followers into their world and influencing them in what to wear, how to decorate their homes, what food to eat, etc.
I admit myself that, before I wised up to how fake it all is, I at times would see certain mums/families with their perfect, new clothes and their adoring husbands, and think ‘tit, where am I going wrong, why isn’t my life that rosy?’ It’s an easy trap to fall into, and I think it’s unfair to believe that every follower who does fall for it has issues.

Reactions: 25
Ok, Rebecca...or Niomi Smart

• Haha
Reactions: 8
agree - all up each other’s backsides when really I doubt there’s a true friendship among them.also a girls weekend and they are just on their phones 24/7 living the whole “retreat” through their screens. But still beggy is the biggest cow of the lot and in what I assume to be a very bitchy industry it’s only normal to expect they would be getting digs in where they can.
Don’t follow any of them but just had a look - all watching the drag entertainer through their phone. They are all so fake and bitchy, bet they all hate each other! They are definitely taking the piss of Mrs M for sure! Wonder if she was there if they’d have done it to her face?

Reactions: 6
Don’t follow any of them but just had a look - all watching the drag entertainer through their phone. They are all so fake and bitchy, bet they all hate each other! They are definitely taking the piss of Mrs M for sure! Wonder if she was there if they’d have done it to her face?
Just gone to have a nosey...wow...what a diverse group of women 😴

Basic white witches living their best lives in the Cotswolds. It's laughable.

If I were Meldrum, I'd be happy to be at home manifesting a kitchen rather than sat with a group of women who are so busy glued to their phones telling us they're ABSOLUTELY HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME they're probably getting RSI.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Thanks everyone for the support. It's so kind of you 😘. I'm really struggling at the moment and The Meldrums etc all need a massive dose of reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thanks everyone for the support. It's so kind of you 😘. I'm really struggling at the moment and The Meldrums etc all need a massive dose of reality.
Chin up take each day as it comes and tank yourself lucky your not a laughing stock like that pair of fannys

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My nana always said there's always someone worse off than you.
I know you going through bad time but you will come out the other end and be stronger for it .
At end of year 2020 meldrums will be worse off than you as it's all false and their relationship doesn't seem rosy.
She treats him like tit.

Hard believe she went to uni and can't write a proper sentence.
I make typo mistakes and odd spelling mistakes but I'm not influencer putting out a post to over 100k people.
How many times can she use & in the same paragraph with little punctuation.

Attachments

Reactions: 8
What do you suggest?
Got any Boden jumpers for them?
I don’t want to beat the point to death but I just don’t agree with the those poor other mothers
I think, unfortunately, while those on here may be baffled by what seems to be the gullibility of those people following these ‘Instamums’, it’s naive to pin the blame on them for ‘their issues’.
It’s a real shame that so many of them think of these women as ‘friends’, when in reality they, and the brands using them to advertise, know exactly what they’re doing in sucking followers into their world and influencing them in what to wear, how to decorate their homes, what food to eat, etc.
I admit myself that, before I wised up to how fake it all is, I at times would see certain mums/families with their perfect, new clothes and their adoring husbands, and think ‘tit, where am I going wrong, why isn’t my life that rosy?’ It’s an easy trap to fall into, and I think it’s unfair to believe that every follower who does fall for it has issues.
To clarify I didn’t mean they have serious issues, I just meant we are all consenting adults responsible for who we watch & should be able to make judgements about things.

I take your point though about the inoa
Ok, Rebecca...or Niomi Smart
Frankly I wish I looked like Niomi Smart, but I’m no more going to be made feel bad about myself by a YouTuber than I am by a Dior ad.
I do appreciate that it would much more decent & admirable if YouTubers were to be honest about things, but at the end of the day it’s marketing just like the Dior ad.

I was out for dinner with a bunch of friends last night who are all much better off than I am. They were talking about holidays etc. that I can’t afford. It’s my choice whether I let that get to me or not. Same as it’s my choice whether to watch YouTube & how to react to it.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.