Mrs Meldrum #57 Librarian said no, doctors are too slow, when will sheep realise, the "trolled" is really the troll?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine question
Rebecca isn't the only one to do it but I really wish they would LABEL their links with the name of the company.
If you want to affiliate link products you genuinely wear, fine just don’t be sneaky and not say where it is too. It’s been said on here before, not everyone understands the affiliated link thing and it’s just wrong to make money off it.
Genuine question, please could I ask specifically what you find wrong about making money from affiliate linking?

As long as it's properly labelled, I don't have a problem with affiliate links at all, as it's my choice whether or not to click through, nobody's forcing me to do so.

I've just caught up on Tues nights vlog! Seriously, how is she showing this tat to the world still? I'd not watched in ages and now I know why,,,,, poor Florence, her Bday seemed so miserable, and to think she's the favourite child, what chance do the other 2 have 🤷‍♀️ It's always all about her. The bday tea was hideous, they didn't bother doing the cake til late cos "SHE" felt ill 🙄 Flo and S locked in the dungeon to play with the plastic birthday tat while she moans to her camera how tired she is!? It's very sad, those poor girls. They could actually have quite a nice life if she tried!!!! Pat is fighting a losing battle with her!
She is still sulking because it’s all gone tits up this year. Clearly no one came forward with the bloody gorgeous cake she was hinting at a few weeks ago, no party freebies gifted, no holidays since the skiing trip and none for the foreseeable future, no home renovation collaborations which she was clearly expecting when they moved to murder mansion, Bad Boy Belter back off shore. All down to 15 Tattle bastards.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Genuine question

Genuine question, please could I ask specifically what you find wrong about making money from affiliate linking?

As long as it's properly labelled, I don't have a problem with affiliate links at all, as it's my choice whether or not to click through, nobody's forcing me to do so.

It’s the fact that she is deliberately looking for and then posting anything and everything she can as an aff link - so that she makes money from it. For stuff that she’s never ever purchased herself, nor ever would. It’s not like she’s bought something and is then innocently recommending it to her followers. It’s nothing more than a backhanded way of making money out of her followers.

I’d also suggest that a lot of people will be unaware of the above and a lot of people won’t be aware of how much she is making from the aff links. It’s NOT just a few pennies here and there.

She’s also a sneaky witch - mentions a product, people then ask
About it and instead of just sending them a message or posting info about where the item is from she just puts up an aff link so that people then swipe up and by doing so, she’s then going to get the commission off the sale if that person makes a purchase.

It’s underhand, sneaky and desperately greedy.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s the fact that she is deliberately looking for and then posting anything and everything she can as an aff link - so that she makes money from it. For stuff that she’s never ever purchased herself, nor ever would. It’s not like she’s bought something and is then innocently recommending it to her followers. It’s nothing more than a backhanded way of making money out of her followers.

I’d also suggest that a lot of people will be unaware of the above and a lot of people won’t be aware of how much she is making from the aff links. It’s NOT just a few pennies here and there.

She’s also a sneaky witch - mentions a product, people then ask
About it and instead of just sending them a message or posting info about where the item is from she just puts up an aff link so that people then swipe up and by doing so, she’s then going to get the commission off the sale if that person makes a purchase.

It’s underhand, sneaky and desperately greedy.
Thanks for replying. I don't find it underhand and sneaky as long as she's labelling it properly, she's certainly improved with her labelling and declaring since I last dipped into her content a while ago, which definitely needed to be done, she has been appalling at disclosing links/ads etc in the past.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for replying. I don't find it underhand and sneaky as long as she's labelling it properly, she's certainly improved with her labelling and declaring since I last dipped into her content a while ago, which definitely needed to be done, she has been appalling at disclosing links/ads etc in the past.

She’s labelling it as affiliate link yes, but it’s pretty ridiculous that she literally sharks about on amazon looking for random items to then post as affiliate links all so that she can make money from her followers. Sorry but I think that’s bloody terrible! She’s nothing but a slimy sales woman desperately trying to leach money out of the people who follow her.

If she was posting a disclaimer every time I’d be more inclined to agree with you. Something like this:

“I have never, nor would ever pay my own money for this product. I’ve found it online today and I am sharing it with you in the hope that some of you are stupid enough to swipe up and make a purchase. If you do this, then I will make £XXX off each purchase. This is the only reason I am posting this affiliate link. I don’t even like the product - I’m just trying to earn some money off you, my delusional followers”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
She’s labelling it as affiliate link yes, but it’s pretty ridiculous that she literally sharks about on amazon looking for random items to then post as affiliate links all so that she can make money from her followers. Sorry but I think that’s bloody terrible! She’s nothing but a slimy sales woman desperately trying to leach money out of the people who follow her.

If she was posting a disclaimer every time I’d be more inclined to agree with you. Something like this:

“I have never, nor would ever pay my own money for this product. I’ve found it online today and I am sharing it with you in the hope that some of you are stupid enough to swipe up and make a purchase. If you do this, then I will make £XXX off each purchase. This is the only reason I am posting this affiliate link. I don’t even like the product - I’m just trying to earn some money off you, my delusional followers”
Can you imagine her or any of them ever being that truthful and if they were can’t help but wonder how popular they would be if they put it just this way ? This is exactly what they are doing though , if you like me buy stuff that I aff link or swipe up so I can have lots of money and live my best life 🤷‍♀️

Posted 3 hours after Lara Javis! Copying someone with 70k less followers, seriously? Do your own job yourself Becky. Lazy.
Both hideous I wouldn’t buy at reduced , and who does pay this much for boots like this ? Primark do some nicer than these for £20

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have no issue with aff links IF
1. It's labelled properly e.g #gifted #ad as well as where it's from. I find it incredibly sneaky to add a swipe up with no information as it's purely done to con people into looking on the site, which leaves a cookie and means even if they don't buy anything that time, money will be made from any purchase in the next 30 days.
2. It's either something they are paid to sell or something they've purchased themselves. Again I find it sneaky and greedy to go onto. Website and pick some random bits to link to while claiming you're obsessed with them, when it's purely to boost site traffic.
I don't dislike aff links purely for that, in fact I've knowingly gone through the links and bought from several. But like adverts I have a huge issue when they are used as underhand, immoral, sneaky sales techniques, it feels like that influencer is trying to prey on their followers,and in the case of the mummy vlogger who knows her audience, preying on vulnerable followers.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Genuine question

But it’s never properly labelled though is it. If quite like to know what shop they are from first as if I was giving anyone commission it wouldn’t be her. Also she’s affiliate linking stuff she got gifted anyway so she never paid for any of it. Essentially it’s just a form of begging. All this from the woman who turned her nose up when visiting a foodbank 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She “literally lives in these boots”

Are you sure Reb?

You literally live in those boots?

Like the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe?

Please. For the love of god stop misusing literally.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I have no issue with aff links IF
1. It's labelled properly e.g #gifted #ad as well as where it's from. I find it incredibly sneaky to add a swipe up with no information as it's purely done to con people into looking on the site, which leaves a cookie and means even if they don't buy anything that time, money will be made from any purchase in the next 30 days.
2. It's either something they are paid to sell or something they've purchased themselves. Again I find it sneaky and greedy to go onto. Website and pick some random bits to link to while claiming you're obsessed with them, when it's purely to boost site traffic.
I don't dislike aff links purely for that, in fact I've knowingly gone through the links and bought from several. But like adverts I have a huge issue when they are used as underhand, immoral, sneaky sales techniques, it feels like that influencer is trying to prey on their followers,and in the case of the mummy vlogger who knows her audience, preying on vulnerable followers.
Lily pebbles once did some stories about Aff links and I think Liv from UGG, but basically they said the same thing: It's fine when you've got organic content and you want to link, but constantly churning them out to make some money is just crass. Can't remember who, think it was Lily, but might be wrong said loads of influencers do it on a Sunday night when they are clearly bored!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Fashion Lift has done some stories on her picks from a Fat Face collaboration. Reb could learn a thing or two.

Reactions: 2
Lily pebbles once did some stories about Aff links and I think Liv from UGG, but basically they said the same thing: It's fine when you've got organic content and you want to link, but constantly churning them out to make some money is just crass. Can't remember who, think it was Lily, but might be wrong said loads of influencers do it on a Sunday night when they are clearly bored!
This is the same Lily Pebbles who was advertising/aff linking a breast pump that cost hundreds of pounds and telling us it was the best thing ever, after having given up breastfeeding (several weeks prior to said ad/aff) after about five minutes, right? Pot kettle, I think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This is the same Lily Pebbles who was advertising/aff linking a breast pump that cost hundreds of pounds and telling us it was the best thing ever, after having given up breastfeeding after about five minutes, right? Pot kettle, I think.
Who better than the kettle to know what the pot is doing ? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
"he wants to marry another YouTuber" times really are hard aren't they Reb with these crappy click bait titles 😂👌

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She “literally lives in these boots”

Are you sure Reb?

You literally live in those boots?

Like the Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe?

Please. For the love of god stop misusing literally.
She orders a size 8 and hops straight in. So so teeny weeny tiny. Even extra room for pat and the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And poor Ol’ Rebecca only finds out about it when she reads it on here 👋🏼

Maybe Hari & the gang haven’t heard about #liftgate?? YET
I dm’d Hari and the gang and got a reply saying she wasn’t aware of the racist incident and being a woman of colour herself, she was horrified. She said she would do her homework before choosing influencers in the future. I don’t think she contacted Rebecca to ask her to stop wearing and advertising her hoodies though, as she posted pics wearing it after I had dm’d her. So the advertising was obvs more important than not supporting a racist 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Doesn't want to steal her commission because she found them!? 😂
Really takes a genius to search 'leggings' on Ebay.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I said they were stalking Lydia Millen. Hoping to make friends via the trolling! Cracking Q and A! Always under deliver don’t you Rebs! What’s the betting Fat Face will be shoved in everyone’s faces for the next month!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.