Mrs Meldrum #47 She’s in, out, in, out, shake it all about

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fear for the safety of those kids it’s not enclosed no gates it leads on to an unsecured wooded area that has nothing but a pathetic wire fence anyone could be unknowingly watching them why don’t they think of what they’re posting online their kids safety should always come first - that vlog the other day where poppy just wondered away I’m like why is she not interested why is she letting her child wander when her house is so open what if something happened to poppy there’s no way she’d get to her in time! Before anyone says anything no I’m not a weirdo and before I become a mum things I’ve said above wouldn’t have crossed my mind now I'm seeing things in a very different light and I don’t agree with it especially where they live is a small area - it can’t just be me that’s thinking this can it? 🤷🏻‍♀️
TBH I survived in 4 diff houses as a kid that opened onto a road. One even had a river in front of it. We are about to move to one that is similar. THough, my kids arent on instagram.

Reactions: 1
3 sheep asking what filter she uses on latest Instagram photo with the usual not natural green looking grass or foliage!! Same probability of her revealing the source of her tan as to answering that sheep\ follower question!!!! She so referring to tattlers comments about her relationship with Safiyah by bigging her eldest daughter up. Add it to the list of tattler comments she has deliberately addressed in recent posts!!!

Reactions: 13
Hello! I'm back. You can't keep me away for long! (I've been lurking. The days are long in NICU, and there's only so many games of candy crush you can play whilst you're expressing.)

Regarding Nan vs Baby, It was mostly his post that made me walk away from here for a bit. His post was bloody awful, quite frankly. No one would care if I died? Last Saturday, I nearly did! I can think of quite a few people who'd care. In the grand scheme of things, being called out for wearing fake tan is nothing. Who *actually* cares? I mean, it's not like Mrs M inclyded a joke about the Ku Klux Klan on a #AD vlog, is it... Oh, wait...

Kelly from Organised Motherhood is my new hero. Someone who tells it like it is!

The other thing that bothers me over this furore - where the hell is Lee? Why has he not been sticking up for Reb? Why is he letting her take all the flack? (and no, Im not trolling you, Lee, my husband was wondering where you were hiding...)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
At the end of the day the tit has really hit the fan because of her antics and now the vast majority of influencers are shitting themselves

• Haha
Reactions: 15
It’s a shame that every Instagram post will have comments deleted from now on. Must be a full time job.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Had to go and have a 👀 at MvB......😂🤣🤦🏻‍♀️ What an hole! 🤣🙄 I’m thinking It’s HIM that’s a jealous troll! The absolute comedy genius that is written on here could only be dreamt about by him! So, Mr twit face, you are neither funny, clever nor big, you are however a great source of amusement for us tatties! 🤣😂😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
@Someonestolemyusername glad to see you back. Look after yourself. I spent a long time in NICU myself with my third baby so I know exactly what you’re going through. Message me if you ever need to vent or just want something to distract you or help you while away the hours, I know how lonely it can be day in day out in there. Sending you lots of love and strength

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Interesting article about kids clubs on holidays in The Daily Fail, most of the comments are saying they would never just dump their kids,,,,,,,unlike Edgy, they are straight in there!
@Someonestolemyusername lovely to see back, remember, those with the most to hide shout the loudest! Hope everything is going as good as it can. Xxx

Reactions: 14
The thing we have to remember about these influencers is they often like to tar all tattlers with the same brush. It's no different than screaming troll.

Because it's easier to imagine that's the case than the simple fact you've disappointed a lot of ordinary lovely people who want a place to talk about it 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Can someone explain to me what Mrs. Meldrum specifically did wrong? I understand the KKK incident but what else, specifically, did she do? Thanks
Lied about the trip to Disney land Paris last year (claimed she paid, then that it was complicated, then gifted)
Repeatedly ignores ASA guidelines for gifted items or paid advertising work
Left the KKK joke in her vlog, then badly edited over it, then removed it 5 days later
During the time the ill-fated vlog mentioned above was us she shared a "no fucks given" slogan top on her stories
Used a black influencer as a shield, as if to say "its cool, I have black friends so I'm not racist"
Repeatedly states that her mental health is suffering/that she is at rock bottom and in a dark place, before being completely fine the next day (after a good night's sleep/a slogan tee which says "choose happy"/an outpouring of love and adoration from her fans (sorry, she called them friends recently, all 80k of them)
Posted misleading pictures for her 90 day body transformation, with the before picture being taken in their old house so before October

I'm.sure others know more, that's what I can remember.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Mabelrose I read that this afternoon whilst avoiding finishing school reports... and nearly posted the link!!!! Can anyone screen shot some of manvsbaby comments as I 've googled him but nothing's shown up on Twitter Instagram ... Thanks in advance!!😊

Reactions: 1
Lied about the trip to Disney land Paris last year (claimed she paid, then that it was complicated, then gifted)
Repeatedly ignores ASA guidelines for gifted items or paid advertising work
Left the KKK joke in her vlog, then badly edited over it, then removed it 5 days later
During the time the ill-fated vlog mentioned above was us she shared a "no fucks given" slogan top on her stories
Used a black influencer as a shield, as if to say "its cool, I have black friends so I'm not racist"
Repeatedly states that her mental health is suffering/that she is at rock bottom and in a dark place, before being completely fine the next day (after a good night's sleep/a slogan tee which says "choose happy"/an outpouring of love and adoration from her fans (sorry, she called them friends recently, all 80k of them)
Posted misleading pictures for her 90 day body transformation, with the before picture being taken in their old house so before October

I'm.sure others know more, that's what I can remember.
Used a visit to the breast clinic to get a lump checked as a advertising opportunity for Next.

Took payment to visit a food bank just before Xmas. Turned up at the food bank empty handed. Made derogatory comments about the people she saw using the food bank. In the vlog that featured the food bank visit she decided to include footage of her out with Lee having lunch.

Deletes any comments on her you tube or Instagram pages that aren’t gushing or adoration. Will block anyone for asking legitimate questions.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Is it not a little ironic that her followers are talking about how sad these trolls are and how they mustn’t have a life yet they are spending time defending someone who couldn’t care less about them and their lives. Do they not realise the only reason she’s asking them questions is for engagement ... she isn’t in the slightest bit interested in the responses!! 🙈 Yet they spend their time disclosing personal details and stories in the hope she replies back ... clearly they haven’t a whole lot going on in their lives either!!
So the more engagement they receive in their posts/videos, the higher chance they have of companies working with them? I'm really not clued up on how Instagram and YouTube works 🤪

Reactions: 6
Sorry he made you feel that way 😢 could be pretty catastrophic for people in an even more fragile state couldn’t it 🤷‍♂️
Thank you, I really appreciate that. I was quite upset at the time but thankfully I’ve got the tools to deal with it now, and I’m absolutely fine.

It’s what frustrates me with the way influencers talk about mental health. I don’t doubt that some do have depression and/or anxiety. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rebecca does to some extent to be honest. BUT...even someone with a mental health problem can do damage when talking about it if not done right. Talking about it flippantly to thousands of people without stating the meaningful things you are doing to combat it is problematic. Especially if you’re an influencer who is trying to flog your lifestyle. “Look at me, I’ve got a mental health problem and I’m dealing with it in no other way than by buying stuff” is hugely damaging. Either talk about your mental health problems frankly and include what you’re doing to combat it (counselling, CBT, medication etc) or don’t mention it at all.

I know Daddy_to_triplet_girls has been less than complimentary about Tattle (I’ve already derailed the thread enough by bringing up ManvsBaby so I won’t go into it) but he covers his depression so bloody well. He is very open about his down days, his treatments, and recently pictured what medication he’s been taking, and I think it’s so important to normalise that, particular for men.

Yes I saw that comment and it was made by a guy that Reb met on some brand event thingy and she was so over excited on the vlog because he was on Bake Off.

Bake Off has been going so long that most people must loosely know someone who has been on it.

Also the spelling and grammar here is a lot better than I have seen on instagram.
Yes I saw that too and blocked him. I used to be the type of (insufferable) person who would point out someone’s poor spelling and grammatical errors. But then I realised it’s actually just a way to mock people who are less educated than me, and who was I to judge that? I’ve been far more fortunate than others (despite not coming from much myself) to receive quite a good education. Not everyone has the opportunities I’ve had (and mine are still small fry in comparison to what some people have had *cough* Reb *cough*) and who the duck am I, or anyone else, to judge how intelligent other people are? It’s a tactic used to look down on the working class in particular, and minority groups less likely to able to access the same level of education as others. Plenty of people are more Han capable of having well thought out, reasoned ideas, thoughts and opinions and have shocking grammar and spelling skills!

• Heart
Organised Motherhood sharing another local account (Westholme) that agrees with her insta stories!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thanks for your reply. What is the story with the Boden jumper that I see everyone talking about?
She was gifted a jumper from Boden with the slogan "choose happy" on it. Regularly wears it to say that it makes her feel so much better after having a "bad mental health day" and that all it takes is a change in thinking (I may be wrong on the brand, she gets gifted a lot of clothing to cure her anxiety)

• Haha
That comment by mamvsbaby is awful.
It’s so much worse than anything I’ve read on here. (I made the worst comment someone read this week on this thread, it was a joke though!)

He sounds quite tiresome so I’ve never been interested in anything he has to say and even less so now.
I haven't seen his comment never heard of him, from what's been written here I will keep it that way.! Sounds like no one I want to waste time on.!

She was gifted a jumper from Boden with the slogan "choose happy" on it. Regularly wears it to say that it makes her feel so much better after having a "bad mental health day" and that all it takes is a change in thinking (I may be wrong on the brand, she gets gifted a lot of clothing to cure her anxiety)
That's right about using choose happy after a bad mental health day, but it's not the jumper! The one referenced was a £150 Biden jumper, (that she'd never have paid for!) That cured her anxiety and she left a really helpful #afflink to get sheep to buy it, and rake in some cash at the same time 🙄

Hello! I'm back. You can't keep me away for long! (I've been lurking. The days are long in NICU, and there's only so many games of candy crush you can play whilst you're expressing.)

Regarding Nan vs Baby, It was mostly his post that made me walk away from here for a bit. His post was bloody awful, quite frankly. No one would care if I died? Last Saturday, I nearly did! I can think of quite a few people who'd care. In the grand scheme of things, being called out for wearing fake tan is nothing. Who *actually* cares? I mean, it's not like Mrs M inclyded a joke about the Ku Klux Klan on a #AD vlog, is it... Oh, wait...

Kelly from Organised Motherhood is my new hero. Someone who tells it like it is!

The other thing that bothers me over this furore - where the hell is Lee? Why has he not been sticking up for Reb? Why is he letting her take all the flack? (and no, Im not trolling you, Lee, my husband was wondering where you were hiding...)
How are you doing and how is baby doing? Good to see you back.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.