Mrs Meldrum #44 So so tiny, still whiny, advertisers departed, still poses like she’s farted!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did not say that did she, 5 outfits! Un bleeping believable! She is so out of touch with real families, ie most of her followers.
Did she not learn anything about her trip to the food bank? There are families up and down the country struggling to feed themselves and cannot afford to buy one school uniform let alone 5. Can she really be this unaware? I'm honestly baffled
I consider our family to be fairly comfortable and I couldn’t justify buying more than 3, especially at the rate they grow out of things. How on earth can she think it is helpful to encourage people to buy 5 sets of uniforms?? I just feel like these influencers need to pick a lane and stick to it because I don’t think that you get to shell out “advice” for normal families when your family is so atypical. It’s not normal for both parents to be able to stay home and it’s not normal for free things to turn up on your doorstep and it’s not normal to be sent on free holidays. As an extreme example, can you imagine the backlash if Kim Kardashian started giving out parenting advice?? I think once they start showing the more privileged parts of their lives, they lose all credibility with their normal relatable mum act. They just need to own their new lifestyle and stop playing the “just like you” card when it suits them, which I suspect is only when they want to bump up engagement.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
How is a “wear, wash and spare” not sufficient?! Of course she NEEDS 5 of everything! I could understand 5 polo shirts but even 2 x cardigans and pinafores would be fine for them starting school. Schools not even out for another 2 and a half weeks in aberdeen and she’s making out like normally she’s so so organised.. no Reb, usually next PR have sent you the uniforms but that ship seems to have sailed this yuuur.

Reactions: 27
As a side note... anyone know when the aldi uniforms are out.
Sorry Rebecca, won’t be buying 5 lots of anything and actually have to save for my girls uniform.

Reactions: 13
That makes perfect sense @inspirespirit Edgy has no integrity whatsoever and the way she uses her family is just so underhanded- every moment has to be staged to look like the perfect family...scratch the surface and it's easy to see what's beneath it.... without all the smoke and mirrors they look like a lovely family and the children are v sweet but I don't want to watch them as she opens the curtains on their privacy first thing in the morning just to make her SM look good. All the mummy vloggers are exploiting their kids... Fopperholic, Brummymummy to name a couple will really regret their open profiles in the future but they have already over exposed their kids so the damage if already done.By all means Mrs Meldrum put yourself out there but please take care of them precious children they're not yours and Pat's meal tickets and one day it will bite her on the arse big time.....
I really enjoy watching Dina Tokio, she isn’t really a mummy vlogger but does family vlogs. Her and her husband did an ad for Visit Dubai and visiting Amsterdam, they showed a family holiday, plenty of activities for children...they do not show their children though. I do not know what the children look like, what nursery they attend, what their routine is...that is how it can be done effectively.
I agree with you completely, it’s scary how exploited some of the family vlogger children are and it saddens me when the parents start covert filming or repeatedly ignore requests to turn the camera off. What does that teach your child...that these anonymous strangers are worth more than your self respect and dignity?!

Reactions: 9
It's mad to think that there are people right now planning on buying 5 sets of school uniforms because of her top tip🙄
I have put two children through primary school and believe me you do not need that many!
The thoughts of four complete sets of uniforms going through the wash or in the washbasket after only one wear makes my teeth itch...all that extra work apart from the environmental impact of all that unnecessary washing!
And is F attending the same school as S?What about hand me downs?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry Rebecca, won’t be buying 5 lots of anything and actually have to save for my girls uniform.

19th July. Lidls also do uniform.
I don't mind the trousers and skirts
Socks and underwear.
Prefer Tesco or asda polos.

Reactions: 4
Second week in July I heard, but that’s Scotland. Have to admit, my daughter has five polo shirts, but they have done her the past three years 😳, wash then stick on a hanger to dry and don’t need ironing. they are brilliant. Also thought ahead for my eldest at academy and invested in men’s no iron shirts, and he has one a day as they can be stinky, and think I will get another term at least with them. But as far as trousers and skirts, they have two pairs.

Reactions: 3
My two (boys) did have 5 shirts and honestly, they are dirt cheap in Asda. Only had one pair of trousers though which got washed at the weekend or if necessary swilled through when they got home and dried ready for next day. I doubt she means 5 blouses, 5 pinafores etc. Imagine all that ironing. yuck.

Reactions: 3
My two (boys) did have 5 shirts and honestly, they are dirt cheap in Asda. Only had one pair of trousers though which got washed at the weekend or if necessary swilled through when they got home and dried ready for next day. I doubt she means 5 blouses, 5 pinafores etc. Imagine all that ironing. yuck.
Do we think Reb really does any ironing?! I've never seen an iron in that house :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think she does!! I can understand a pack of 5 polo shirts but not 5 cardigans!!! Like ZC772 I would be more inclined to wash, wear and spare (3 sets). With school bag, schools shoes, jacket, lunch box , P.E kit and so on for multiple children it seems excessive IMO. Screams of someone that has never struggled financially and/or never never actually paid with their own money! Seriously who is her target audience??

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
What does she know she's only for 1 school, school uniform different schools have different uniforms policies
Some of the academies started copying private schools with blazers and ties.
Some insist logo so no supermarket clothing also you can only purchase from official shop.
Senior schools uniform even state school are crazy prices as even their sports kit has to be logo. £600 start year 7! English state Academy.
I walk past a school in deprived area I see kids without proper shoes or coat, summer uniform in winter. She has no clue!

The only thing I buy 5 of is shirts as mine trash them.
With girls 1 to 3 summer dresses.
2 skirts, 1 to 2 pinafores I love providing it's non PE day as doesn't matter if polo slightly creased and extra layer warmth in winter.
We have 1 logo jumper trips and photos
2 supermarket jumpers or cardigans
Start year with 5pairs tights maybe & 10 school socks.
Or shorts joggers and or shirt plus or bag and trainers.
Decent warm coat winter/Pac a mac for spring/ summer,School shoes,Water bottle &lunchbox
Only juniors really take bags infants mostly bookbags.
Label everything job done.I love a sharpie.

The Sainsburys thing is highly suspicious
Of course she wants back to school freebies and this video is kindly sponsored by Sainsburys.
The tight cocunt Aldis do school uniform 1.25 pack 2polos cheap school socks &tights.
Think the trousers and skirts are less than 2 quid too.
Sainsburys cardigans we have navy, fade badly and wash like dish rags.
I like Asda George & Matalan for uniform.
If I splurge then it's John Lewis
If she reads here @Kermit you have just put her out of a job 🤣🤣🤣 With 4 kids I shopped throughout the year and got some good bargains, secondary school had a specific skirt/ trousers and the boys had blazers that had to be from Clive Marks so the cheapest items were the shirts. Kids wouldn't wear Clarke's in secondary so it cost a bomb to buy whatever was the current school craze. One wage coming in it was pretty tight and all that me time was non existent! My work out was pushing a double buggy!!! Happy days!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have to admit I buy 5 trousers and 5 polos for my boy . He doesn’t have to wear branded so I buy Asda etc . The only reason I do this though is because my husband and I both work long hours and I feel better organised knowing it’s all laid out ready for the week ahead and I don’t have to worry about daily laundry / ironing. I buy one school
Polo for photos and a couple of jumpers which get alternated . We can afford this , budget for it and 100% if we were both at home all day everyday we would not be doing it this way !

Reactions: 19
Lieing cocunt again

The freind she's buying pom pom garland from allegedly probably do kindly gifted Mrs Meldrum in return for coverage.
That will look lovely but won't pay the bills.
Reason I'm skeptical is the business is based in Cambridge and reb lives Aberdeen Scotland!

Not to mention telling her clueless sheep to buy things they don't need.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Sorry to go back. I was just catching up.
The comment about the hand you were dealt. Wow just wow. She really doesn’t have a clue about people, about different humans lives. About trauma, about what people go through. How much some people have had to work on to be well enough to work. And how grateful people are for what she would consider is a crap life.

@Peeltheavocado she really doesn’t have a clue, all this bullshit!!
Have said it before but if she was living like a lot of people do, like the people that have to use foodbanks, or have to care for sick parents or children, or those that have to know where every penny goes, she would get such a bleeping shock.
My job is very social and I speak to a lot of people in HR and the oil industry, and have heard stories of people literally being made redundant and within a week having to hand back keys to fancy cars and loosing homes as they just can’t afford to keep up the standard of living.
She is away with the bleeping fairies, to be that out of touch with reality is a joke.
Anyone I know would love to be able to have half of the time that that pair of divs have to spend with their kids, but have to work! And they don’t even realise or appreciate what they have with those three crackers of young girlies. They really bring it in themselves

• Heart
Hi everyone
Been lurking for a week. I’m a long time follower of Mrs M, since my first child, I now have two.
I started to go off her when she got really desperate and grabby, however that was nothing compared to what I’ve seen recently. I cannot believe how desperate she’s become, all the tagging and hinting! I just don’t like it, it is so distasteful! Yesterday’s stories I couldn’t believe and then tagging companies begging for her 5 uniforms was shocking! Does she not see how noticeable it is 🤣 Jesus, the woman can’t buy uniform. And that’s what tipped me over the edge and is why I’m here!

I couldn’t believe the comments she was making about people being angry with the life they’ve got, and the ‘hand they were dealt with’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣 is she serious! They don’t do anything, they spend days drinking tea and walking about, living in a house that’s all gifted!

Thanks Rebecca, but just because most people don’t have a stay at home husband and a gifted life doesn’t mean they’re angry! I have an hard working husband, 2 beautiful girls, a beautiful house, and get this, because he works hard for us I can buy things for said house that actually match, and exactly what I want, Oh and a kitchen, because that’s what happens when you work hard.

Sorry for the very long post, just letting it all out.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Hi everyone
Been lurking for a week. I’m a long time follower of Mrs M, since my first child, I now have two.
I started to go off her when she got really desperate and grabby, however that was nothing compared to what I’ve seen recently. I cannot believe how desperate she’s become, all the tagging and hinting! I just don’t like it, it is so distasteful! Yesterday’s stories I couldn’t believe and then tagging companies begging for her 5 uniforms was shocking! Does she not see how noticeable it is 🤣 Jesus, the woman can’t buy uniform. And that’s what tipped me over the edge and is why I’m here!

I couldn’t believe the comments she was making about people being angry with the life they’ve got, and the ‘hand they were dealt with’ 🤣🤣🤣🤣 is she serious! They don’t do anything, they spend days drinking tea and walking about, living in a house that’s all gifted!

Thanks Rebecca, but just because most people don’t have a stay at home husband and a gifted life doesn’t mean they’re angry! I have an hard working husband, 2 beautiful girls, a beautiful house, and get this, because he works hard for us I can buy things for said house that actually match, and exactly what I want, Oh and a kitchen, because that’s what happens when you work hard.

Sorry for the very long post, just letting it all out.
Think you’ve said what we are all feeling/thinking! 🙌

Reactions: 16
I have to admit my daughter has 5 polos, 5 skirts/pinafores, and 5 cardigans, only 1 cardy will be one with the school badge, I just find it easier to be organised,

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.