Mrs Meldrum #39 Lee. Before you go on the dole tell us what's in your hole.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think people are getting the wrong impression of Lorraine here.. she posts regularly about how much she herself is struggling with day to day life and she is grieving for her daughter too. Maybe she was having a bad day and that set her off. Sometimes it’s the smallest of things on a bad day that can seem the biggest. Lorraine is lovely and is total opposite end of the spectrum compared to meldrum.

Back to the meldrums....

Reactions: 1
I can’t believe I’m even here but in the space of such a short time I’ve really grown so disillusioned with the meldrums! I’m a silent watcher but have been for years! I even bought her book!! (Although admittedly I am enjoying that with my 5 year old, but that’s not the point!)
The racist comment was awful and I heard it first time round and thought, did i hear that right?!? Then the fact that she’s just flounced off after a total non apology that just had to include her in it, and her feelings, and hasn’t returned!! It’s made me so annoyed, that I found this place and have been having a very eye opening and enlightening read!!! 👀
Feeling silly for enjoying their content for as long as I did, but the others all bored me and became far too fake and big and ego ego ego and I still quite enjoyed the meldrums. But lately it’s been just strange, and then this!
She has 100% made it worse for herself by going off this long. It’s got to the point where everyone is just annoyed now!!
Anyway, just thought I’d share my 2 cents! Lol x
Rebecca (I came first, honest!! I’m 31! Lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Well these influencers all show their true colours in the end. Treat others like tit but expect to be treated like royalty and arse licked and if you don’t you get blocked! So sorry for your loss Pink peony. Cannot even begin to imagine what you’re going through 😢 You can go through absolute hell like Lorraine has but doesn’t mean she is always a nice person sadly.

Regarding Reb’s comeback if it does happen. I genuinely don’t know how they will play it 🤔 there go to defence mechanism and cover up to make sure every looks nothing but perfect on their social media is delete and block. So how on Earth will they get round the genuine, uncomfortable questions they will inevitably receive from their sheep?? It’s very much all or nothing, completely change their ways and allow debate, discussions and questions on their pages or carry on as they were before. I know which one I think they will do 🤣

Reactions: 16
I think people are getting the wrong impression of Lorraine here.. she posts regularly about how much she herself is struggling with day to day life and she is grieving for her daughter too. Maybe she was having a bad day and that set her off. Sometimes it’s the smallest of things on a bad day that can seem the biggest. Lorraine is lovely and is total opposite end of the spectrum compared to meldrum.

Back to the meldrums....
I agree, we all have bad days and what she is going through is unthinkable for most of us but most of us don’t have a following of 13 thousand people! I actually really like Lorraine generally and am shocked to hear that she behaved like that and didn’t even think to apologise to the woman involved.

Where does accountability and responsibility start with these channels? The meldrums and CM is just the tip of the iceberg!!!

Now back to business... when does everyone reckon they’ll be back??

Reactions: 5

Back to the meldrums....
Well unfortunately, she seems to have given a wrong impression of herself by her own doing. I truly sympathise with her if she's gone through the loss of a child too. However, there's no excuse for treating another human being in the manner she has. Absolutely no way are her actions excusable. Sorry, but you may think her behaviour is ok. I don't. My own opinion obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I don’t particularly like Lorraine mulrooney, she doesn’t always come across as being genuine. I think her family should have more privacy than they do

Reactions: 3
I think so many influencers seem to have some sort of mental health issues.
From anxiety /depression/ptsd/eating disorders.
Some have a tragic story to tell &Some have family with health issues.
I think most want to share their story,raise awareness and maybe do some good.
But a few issues are in doing this they attract followers who maybe are going through similar issues.
The followers connect and engage with that influencer sometimes based on things they have in common.
That makes some followers In my mind emotionally vulnerable.
But I think sometimes for the influencers the sharing is a form of therapy as they acknowledging their issues but hopefully doing some good in the process.

But maybe they too are vulnerable and somethings the pressure of discussing it on social media makes them snap and delete or act out.
Also just because they went through an experience or an illness doesn't make them an expert.
Sometimes I think when they look back and reflect many may think they overshare.
They should be sign posting followers to relevant organisation's that might help.
They never stop to think how vulnerable their followers are as they always concerned about themselves.

How they feel . How hurt they are which leads us right back to Rebecca Meldrum.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Well unfortunately, she seems to have given a wrong impression of herself by her own doing. I truly sympathise with her if she's gone through the loss of a child too. However, there's no excuse for treating another human being in the manner she has. Absolutely no way are her actions excusable. Sorry, but you may think her behaviour is ok. I don't. My own opinion obviously.
Same. Not only did she publicly post her PM and was incredibly rude to her but when the OP sent her another kind message explaining that she’s been in the hospital and how much she loves her channel, she blocked her. That’s not a ‘oh she was having a bad day’ that’s a ruthless witch who wants compassion from others but doesn’t know how to offer it herself. Very much like Mrs Meldrum [emoji57]

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Also disgusted by what Lorraine has done. Sending so much love and strength pink peony.

They are all as bad as each other 😡 I stopped following Lorraine a long time ago. I felt for everything she was going through but couldn’t watch it, it was like a train crash and depressing as duck.

All these influencers do is paint a picture that they are your friend but are plainly just using viewers to sell tit.

I followed grabecca when we were pregnant at the same time, she seemed likeable and relatable then 🤷🏻‍♀️ I liked all the baby videos/preparation stuff but now I’d be horrified to think I was anything like her as a parent (or a person actually). I actually love being a mum, something that she very clearly doesn’t. How sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I hope for the children's sake, that Grabecca has come to her senses and will now stay off social media. What an awful life having to put on this fake, false front everyday. We all thought the dancing on ice was wonderful, amazing experience as that is how she portrayed it but we now know she was actually sat with a face like a slapped arse and the kids were both miserable. Every day with the 'Hi Guys' look at how wonderful I am and what a wonderful life we have with our wonderful children. It is all a big fat fake. Same with all these influencers. You can keep your fake holidays and your fake face cream, I'll stick with living a normal, non fake, non filmed life.

Reactions: 16

Back to the meldrums....
Don’t know about you - but if I have a bad day and take it out on someone I shouldn’t have - I apologise. And that’s because I’m a decent person.

Reactions: 31
Don’t know about you - but if I have a bad day and take it out on someone I shouldn’t have - I apologise. And that’s because I’m a decent person.
I often wonder if followers on social media is similar to playing computer games.
That follower to her influencer doesn't feel like a real person with real feelings.
Rants bring sympathy and sympathy brings engagement.
Im surprised by latest influencer don't know why as influencer ranted about a very polite message I sent her before Xmas she has since apologised on here as it was all exposed on her own thread.

I dident know who l was so I looked her up.
I feel for her must be such a tough experience and still is.
That post of her grid about people upsetting her.
I don't know how she could take peonys reasonable polite message so bad them share all over Insta.
This behaviour implies to me that she needs help if she thinks this is acceptable way to treat followers.
What happened to the be kind as you never know what others are going through.
I doubt she will ever find out how upset peony is or that she's going through tragic loss herself.
But influencers can be so self absorbed.
Greif can overwhelm you but it shouldn't be get out jail free card every time you have a bad day.
Many will feel sympathetic or empathetic towards her life story .
I read a few comments and seems a few of her followers have experienced loss themselves so she should because she has social media platform large following and make some money consider the feelings and vulnerabilities of her own followers.

She's screwed up big time .
I hope peony can forget about how cruel and unreasonable this influencers has been.
Get help and support she needs to cope with her loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I saw Mulroney share that screen shot and I thought it was very nasty, (the way she put a capital LOL at the end) her wording was so angry, way more than you’d expect over something so trivial and made me totally rethink her.

But anyway. Meldrums, it’s gone too far now. They can’t come back from this. And if they have hired a PR company then anything they do it’s not genuine, it will be what they’ve been told & therefore total bollocks.

I saw Mulroney share that screen shot and I thought it was very nasty, (the way she put a capital LOL at the end) her wording was so angry, way more than you’d expect over something so trivial and made me totally rethink her.

But anyway. Meldrums, it’s gone too far now. They can’t come back from this. And if they have hired a PR company then anything they do it’s not genuine, it will be what they’ve been told & therefore total bollocks.
She may well be angry with life some days.
Clearly a bad day as why would something trivial garner such a vicious callous reaction publically to all her followers.
Tattle gets bad rep on Insta but we more kind and compassionate than most influencers.

Medrums too tight to pay for business advice.
My money's maybe in you tube video tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think today/tonight also

Whatever they put out, it will be picked apart from every angle so stock up on popcorn everyone!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Because of this site I’ve found a brilliant new you tube mummy called organised motherhood. She really is like a breath of fresh air and her content is original and you can tell she’s put some effort in. She’s quite new and has a relatively small following so maybe this is why. It’s so nice to find someone like her as all the others are turning into the same as each other.

By watching these new vloggers I’ve realised that Mrs Meldrum was very lazy with her content especially over the last year. There’s ways to get Ad’s in but it was beginning to be like watching tv when the adverts are on but that’s all you’re watching... adverts! No story, no drama, no context just adverts!

Reactions: 18
So last week a YouTuber I follow on insta posted a major game of thrones spoiler, as a massive fan of the series I sent a dm asking if they would please post a warning next time as I hadn’t seen that episode yet. My message was polite and certainly not rude. Anyway shortly after she posted a screen shot of my message to her stories and also a big rant saying how rude I was and how dare anyone feel entitled to tell her what to do on her own instagram, and how she doesn’t aim to please anyone. Also saying how I should keep up with the series like everyone else has to.
I sent another dm explaining how my message wasn’t meant to be rude and I was sorry if it came across that way and the reason I couldn’t keep up was because I was pregnant and in hospital with a nephrostomy tube and kidney infection. I explained how I had followed her a long time and certainly didn’t intend to offend her as I enjoyed watching her and her lovely family. Well the result of that message was me being blocked by her. While in hospital my waters went and with me being only 19 weeks pregnant I have sadly lost my baby.
One of the main reasons I followed this lady was because I have had a couple of miscarriages previously and she too has experienced baby loss so I found her posts on how to cope with the emotions really helpful, which made being blocked by her even more hurtful. I really felt a connection to a lot of what she said, and would of found her content even more helpful with everything I am going through right now.
Sorry this isn’t really anything to do with Mrs Meldrum, I guess the only relevance is that it goes to show that none of these mummy vloggers are your friend and they don’t give a damn about your feelings. Sorry for the lost post, just felt good to get things off my chest.
I saw the influencer post, I know who it is, I can’t believe she did that to you!! I’m so sorry you had to deal with that, when she should have gave you comfort x

Reactions: 11
I think the Meldrum circus will be back online today 🤡 hi guys I’ve had 2 weeks to reflect bull, things are going to be different around here (but then stay the same) a couple of videos she’s pre recorded while on her break ...then straight in with the ads again. The second colouring book is coming out in 10 days too, so I guess they will have to do some sort of advertising!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.