Mrs Meldrum #38 Liar, Liar, Gym Pants on Fire šŸ”„

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually feel a bit sad they may not come back. Pre the ads and fakeness she produced some decent content, I liked the daily life stuff and thatā€™s what I tend to watch other vloggers do. I understand that they have to make a living in order to provide us with entertainment but choosing their brands a bit more carefully and thinking about the quality of their content more would show respect for their followers and in turn they would gain respect and we would watch their ads with more interest.
They completely misjudged the Lee not working thing, they are nowhere near professional/good enough to sustain being professional vloggers for a living and I donā€™t think for one minute that Reb set out to do this as a full time job when she started out. I reckon he is much more involved in their ā€˜brandā€™ as they make out, thereā€™s no way he would accept being a SAHD without some input, they obviously made a decision to use Mrs M as the front for the business.
If only they would take the criticism and use it. They are in the wrong job if they think they can ignore negative feedback forever.
I agree the channel used to have some great content I was once a huge sheep baaash šŸ‘. šŸ¤£ I'm local to Mrs M and hugely supported her in her success. However, I don't however feel sorry 'the channel' and those behind it (I've always thought there's more than Mr and Mrs M on the payroll šŸ¤”) as they have had AMPLE opportunity to have avoided week after week of criticism and gone on to great success. Their ignorance and attitude has got them into this position. Ok, even if they'd listened to what were once fans wanted, no one could have forseen this shitstorm. All their own doing. If they do come back, they've lost a lot of respect in their industry, people are laughing at them and tuning in for the next episode. Would you, as a sponsor partner with them? Again if they do come back we must not forget they should start with having an education on diversity and taking the responsibility as an influencer seriously. They will never have respect for their followers, I've never heard her express sincere gratitude... ever! OK you may see it improve for a while but cut them open like a stick of rock, it doesn't say genuine and sincere inside the Mrs Meldrum channel and all that sail in her.

Remember when in one of her anxiety vlogs or insta stories she claimed she couldnā€™t afford to take a day off if she had a bad day because this is her ā€œjobā€ and she has to just keep going with posting every day??

How then has she managed a week off? Thereā€™s definitely something else stewing in the background thatā€™s sheā€™s still not back..
Exactly šŸ‘

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sheā€™s 30 and never had a proper job. I think she should suck it up, get a proper job and do YouTube on the side with less ads if sheā€™s fussed about YouTube. Then she will appreciate the time with her children and stop moaning about her freebie lifestyle

Reactions: 22
Yes I remember šŸ˜‚
And let's face it when all's said and done, the personas they're currently presenting on social media, whether they're the " Real Meldrums " or not, are nothing short of ridiculous.
I can just picture Reb going into the kitchen, post ramming, for the last week saying ' Hi Guys", whilst Pat has had to start the school prep with "Morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnin' troooooooopers" because for seven days they've had no one else to listen to them šŸ¤£

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
So, yet again, she has let her followers down without a thought for anyone but herself. She said she was taking a week off. Even Channelmum said it. So where is she? No word from her to her thousands of followers who could be waiting to see her. Total lack of respect and laissez faire attitude to people who have taken the time and trouble to watch and follow her. Where is her loyalty to them?

Reactions: 10
The poor sheepies don't even know where to ask anymore since of course they will have been ignored on every insta post the try (maybe even Lees account) and Reb doesn't reply to her messages. How will they know where to buy their cherry bakewell shower gel and how to split 2 cremated pork chops between 5 :cry::cry: those poor poor sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So, yet again, she has let her followers down without a thought for anyone but herself. She said she was taking a week off. Even Channelmum said it. So where is she? No word from her to her thousands of followers who could be waiting to see her. Total lack of respect and laissez faire attitude to people who have taken the time and trouble to watch and follow her. Where is her loyalty to them?
She's not brand loyal remember so won't be fan loyal šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

The poor sheepies don't even know where to ask anymore since of course they will have been ignored on every insta post the try (maybe even Lees account) and Reb doesn't reply to her messages. How will they know where to buy their cherry bakewell shower gel and how to split 2 cremated pork chops between 5 :cry::cry: those poor poor sheep.
Lambchops and mutton soup for the lot of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has Lee been off his Instagram too??
They are both silent on Instagram
The Facebook page is gone.
I think it's been said on here rebs been liking and commenting other people's Insta not sure if that activity in itself helps the algorithms.

Maybe some sheep get bored move onto other influencers.
I don't think other vloggers really care about the meldrums as they brought stress into them like brummy having to show she paid for Disney or katie Ellison explaining it wasn't foodbank A.D..
They seldom networked with them.

They have to come back as it's their only income.
I reckon she's princessing mode maybe having hair done again and nails .
I also think they will sort of relaunch the channel and claim it's bigger and better.
It's been a while since she asked sheep for ideas and claimed will be more family vlogs of them going hardly anywhere.
I'm sure we get reveal soon and she will throw herself into kitchen update.

The issue with jobs assuming they have a hefty mortgage on 590k house.is they have to be both well paid to pay the mortgage.
But lots of bloggers do work or have a husband that works.
I think where it goes wrong is when couples combine and both jack their jobs in.
Their channels change and they become unrelatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Crazy how they have bought that house with a big mortgage to pay , who would of lent them that amount , they ask what you do for a living ? . They must of made a good profit from the old house or more likely her dad helped .

Reactions: 6
Crazy how they have bought that house with a big mortgage to pay , who would of lent them that amount , they ask what you do for a living ? . They must of made a good profit from the old house or more likely her dad helped .
I donā€™t think the company accounts on companies house reflect what they truly earn so they couldnā€™t have relied upon those. Someone else definitely helped them.

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m remember when I first watched them, which was just after they had poppy. They generally seemed like nice normal people. I started watching them because I knew my babies were going be in the NICU as well, I knew I was going to have c-section. She seemed so lovely, and then the more I watched, her behaviour just got more and more deceitful. As these vlogger families go on, their lifestyle becomes less relatable and unrealistic. Itā€™s happen to almost every vlogger family.

Reactions: 14
We not sure really about the old house.

They only owned it 5 years.
They spent quite a bit as added 4th bedroom / new kitchen and converted the garage into a snug.
Nor sure how much that all cost at a guess 10k.
Maybe the improvements added some value however they would never had an issue selling bet there's lots people on housing list for shared ownership especially as that area is really expensive.
It was a lovely house I quite miss seeing it.

I don't understand why it did not work for them.
It had 2 bathrooms ,Utility,Bedroom for everyone
Garden was large enough for garden room home office or to extend.

They only owned part of the property think 60% shared owner ship with council.
Don't know if they paid additional rent charges as locally you own a part but you also rent a part.

I think Lee owned a flat before so they probably has some equity.
But can't imagine they had more than 200k from last house and current house was 590k.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Sorry but the whole house, who bought it, who owns it, shared ownership, mortgage blah blah blah has been DONE TO DEATH! šŸ˜”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Contrary to what the Meldrums and their ā€œcolleaguesā€ would have us believe, this industry just doesnā€™t have enough substance to justify their ridiculous income. When I started watching all of these mums, it really didnā€™t phase me that they were sent freebies here and there and were paid an earnest amount to work with the odd company. As long as they were transparent about it, which seemed a lot easier for them when they were genuinely grateful for receiving a freebie toy or kettle. I understand there should be some perks for sharing your life on the internet for other peopleā€™s entertainment. But it really starts to get on the nose when their husbands up and quit their jobs to join the con, ugh I mean ā€œbusinessā€. And then, despite now living on only one income, their lives become more and more extravagant. But they keep telling us how hard it is and we could never possibly understand. ā€œSuch anxiety - sorry for the tit content!ā€. Almost everyone I know (my husband and myself included) work so much harder to afford a comfortable life. How can people not become resentful of this, especially when they have the audacity to moan about their good fortunes? Iā€™m sure this is a crazy concept for our Reb, but us normal folk are actually expected to perform well in our professions too. Iā€™m not sure how it would fly if I told my boss that she was a head troll and I wonā€™t be accepting any negative feedback from now on. Maybe Iā€™ll give it a go and who knows, I might be gifted a free ski holiday for my honesty!!šŸ¤ž

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I was looking at her Just Giving page last night, I wanted to weep at all the sponsorship sheā€™s had from people who no doubt consider her to be a ā€˜friendā€™ theyā€™ve never met - I bet she hasnā€™t had the descecy to get in touch and say thanks to any of them

• Sick
Reactions: 12
She has either 1. Carried on as normal, cameras in girls faces 24/7, minimal/shoddy editing (avoiding girls) and now she will have weeks worth of content to spew out on her channel so when this has all settled down she can go back to her daily ramming/mooching/shopping.

or 2. This is the end of the channel (fingers crossed) and they have got out to get jobs. Perhaps Lee can make his dippy eggs at Raemoir Garden Centre and Reb has rubbed up Rami the right way and given her a job at the unit making amino shakes.
Or 3. They never revealed when their next holiday actually was did they? šŸ¤” a week away from camera rather than constantly posting them living it up on holiday after the drama of the last week or so could work! (After all, we wouldn't notice Reb's tan, as she's probably still sporting the one she got while skiing! šŸ™„)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.