Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how the friend who made the "joke" feels now? Will he be a man and admit it was him and he was completely wrong and apologise or will he leave Mrs Meldrum Ltd to deal with it.

Reactions: 1
The bleeding hearts can sympathise all they like but imo she deserves everything she’s getting! I used to be a fan until I saw through her dishonesty, arrogance & nastiness.

If their channel goes down - their fault!
If she gets a backlash from the media - their fault!
If they lose sponsorship - their fault!
If they lose the business or house - their fault!
If they’re forced to get proper jobs - their fault!

NONE of this is anyone else’s doing but theirs. Had they conducted themselves honestly with DLP her thread here would never have been created. They CHOSE to lie & deceive.

They were given an amazing opportunity with Youtube. Anyone else would have loved to work from home & have their partner as a SAHP. But did they appreciate it! No. They got greedy & devious.

The bleeding hearts seem to forget what is at the root of the issue here - RACISM! It’s serious, unacceptable, ignorant & hugely offensive. End of. Maybe the bleeding hearts should educate themselves on the issue as well as the Meldrums.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
the social media influencer, who is sponsored by the likes of Olay, Disney, Tesco and Nielson holidays, allegedly looks into the camera and laughs before the clip ends.

Brutal the mail dragging brands in. She'll always be associated with this now. She needed to treat this like an actual job and be professional. If it wasn't this it would be something else soon enough with her poor work ethic.

Reactions: 29
I continue to be shocked that people think she’s being vilified unjustly. To me that shows you think the KKK reference was bad but not bad enough! And that is NOT OKAY!

Many I think who make airy comments like this have probably never faced racism in their lives, and think culture is your Friday take away. Just friggin google what KKK is, people were killed, people were persecuted and her friend thought that was a joke. It’s sickening! Did she look at that friend with disgust? No just brushed off like meh.

THIS IS HER J O B.
If it was a colleagues job, surely you would raise it with your HR? And WHY should anyone support a brand that is okay with someone uploading then putting some soundtrack over racist words? It is so incredibly insensitive and down right disgusting. There is NO EXCUSE!

It’s easy for those that have never been belittled by their colour or culture to think “oh this is getting out of control”. Frankly we need people standing up for the right things more often!

I’m mixed race as is my husband and our little bubba! I’ve witnessed racist remarks made to my brilliant husband when he’s walking to his car after work. I’m not internalising Rebecca’s foolishness but it’s that casual racism and the “oh she didn’t mean any harm by it” that is incredibly damaging and continues to perpetuate some sort of white heteronormativity.
All of this. All of it. I will always go to great lengths to stop racist behaviour, whether intentional or not. Those who've posted in Mrs M's defence, I hope you'd do the same and messaged her to tell her she messed up in both including and then her subsequent actions and not posting an apology for 5 DAYS

Reactions: 18
the social media influencer, who is sponsored by the likes of Olay, Disney, Tesco and Nielson holidays, allegedly looks into the camera and laughs before the clip ends.

Brutal the mail dragging brands in. She'll always be associated with this now. She needed to treat this like an actual job and be professional. If it wasn't this it would be something else soon enough with her poor work ethic.
Exactly what I was thinking - they’ve named those brands now. They won’t be happy! And the obvious undisclosed “fairmont freebie” will have totally backfired!

Reactions: 17
God forbid that she’ll have to go back to paying for her own face cream and holidays

• Haha
Reactions: 18

The disney is that accurate
Thought disney was paid for by or firm tgat work for Tesco Florence and free.
Wish they had mentioned other brands

So many Bobby Brown / elemis , next and joules freebies.

I think boden took complaints seriously .

Reactions: 6
lol- i have no idea how to dm on here either.

if you send it to to [email protected]
and put it for the attention of Daniel and Siofra

as i dont want to give their personal email addresses out.
Has anyone done a whole sequence of what happened in detail. Days timeline sort of? All Instagram story clips her comment saying it was bad taste and she still kept it up rather than take it right down straight away. As nothing can be missed out of its going in the papers all the information needs to be given to them. After it has been in the paper the tit will have to hit the fan. Whoever is contacting them please make sure that they know about Channel Mums response as well.

Reactions: 4
Probably because her much neglected blog says she is a mother of 2!
Also daily mail isn’t exactly the best title out there (says the wife of an editor of a national title)
Agree. It’s the most read though...

Reactions: 2
The bleeding hearts can sympathise all they like but imo she deserves everything she’s getting! I used to be a fan until I saw through her dishonesty, arrogance & nastiness.

If their channel goes down - their fault!
If she gets a backlash from the media - their fault!
If they lose sponsorship - their fault!
If they lose the business or house - their fault!
If they’re forced to get proper jobs - their fault!

NONE of this is anyone else’s doing but theirs. Had they conducted themselves honestly with DLP her thread here would never have been created. They CHOSE to lie & deceive.

They were given an amazing opportunity with Youtube. Anyone else would have loved to work from home & have their partner as a SAHP. But did they appreciate it! No. They got greedy & devious.

The bleeding hearts seem to forget what is at the root of the issue here - RACISM! It’s serious, unacceptable, ignorant & hugely offensive. End of. Maybe the bleeding hearts should educate themselves on the issue as well as the Meldrums.

Reactions: 12
This whole thing is just making me so, so uncomfortable. Mrs M, please take this as a lesson going forward and double-triple-quadruple-check all videos before posting! This could so easily have been avoided. It's those girls I feel for.

Reactions: 14
Has anyone done a whole sequence of what happened in detail. Days timeline sort of? All Instagram story clips her comment saying it was bad taste and she still kept it up rather than take it right down straight away. As nothing can be missed out of its going in the papers all the information needs to be given to them. After it has been in the paper the tit will have to hit the fan. Whoever is contacting them please make sure that they know about Channel Mums response as well.
Her first respons with zero fucks given pic aswell 🤢🤢

• Angry
Reactions: 13
This whole thing is just making me so, so uncomfortable. Mrs M, please take this as a lesson going forward and double-triple-quadruple-check all videos before posting! This could so easily have been avoided. It's those girls I feel for.
If they're sensible the girls should be protected from the fallout, there's no reason it has to impact them

Reactions: 9
The below is a direct quote from a Ted talk which I hope hits home with the people who think she is being hard done by-
“Racism is not just perpetuated by the people in white hoods. It’s also the well-meaning “I have Black friends” people who help it remain upright and unmovable. They refuse to see the part they play in the system because they’re too busy making sure everyone knows how not racist they are. Listening to Black music and loving Beyoncé does not give you a free hall pass out of the system of structural racism. Just because I enjoy a salad from time to time doesn’t mean I’m a vegetarian.”
Love this! Racism goes so much deeper than outright abuse and this sums it up perfectly. It's what this quote is talking about is really what needs to change. Sadly while people behave the way Rebecca has and so publicly too, it just shows how far away we still are from a truly inclusive society. The response of channel mum has further reinforced this, the issue isnt that she didn't outrightly make that remark or even that the remark was made in the first place. The issue is the absolute ignorance that took place in dealing with the remark being in the video.

I stopped following her after the food bank incident, as I think the way she dealt with that proved the sort of person she was ... I don't actually care too much about the undisclosed ads, it's shady yes, but the food bank situation and now the way she has handled this are what makes me really worry that she is someone people on their droves actually follow and look up to!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not a chance. By some miracle, she’ll come out of this smelling of roses and with more subscribers who are all curious about how things will unfold
Unfortunately I agree with you. There really should be regulations in place to protect children being posted on social media.

Reactions: 8
Let’s be honest.
People like her will use this to their advantage.
Mental health issues will crop up again, she’ll go under the radar for a minute. 🙄 sympathy from the sheep will increase,
anyone pointing out the error in her ways will be called bullies.
She will do a shakey “return” to YouTube like a little lost lamb crippled with anxiety.
Stick the kids in a few vlogs. Maybe a few shots of the pigs 🤷‍♀️ you know, get those animal lovers on side. 😐
we’ll get some promises about “further uploads” addressing how she’s been dealing with this “difficult period of her life” and we’ll be told that she couldn’t have got through it without the support of the lovely fAmILy she’s built on YouTube and the subscribers she now sees as “friends”
And that she really hopes they can find a way to forgive her for “dropping the ball” and letting this one “slip through the net”
She’s as obvious as anything. There’s no such thing as “damage control” with influencers anymore.
Everything they do can be twisted into a positive. I recon at the back of her mind she knows that to.
The biggest causality of this will probably be the idiot who made the comment, you ain’t getting invited to anymore parties hun 😂😂 sorry about that.
:m:m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.