Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

non binary coat

Chatty Member
I'll get no likes for this, but I don't think Rebecca meldrum is racist. She's just had a very sheltered insular life and doesn't know much about the world.

If she had of mixed more in the real world, not been spoilt by her parents and had a proper job she wouldn't keep messing up. She's incapable of taking any criticism without calling someone a troll. The rest of us are used to performance objectives and annual reviews.

If you're reading this reb, take this time out to improve your interpersonal skills. Taking a real job may earn you alot less but will make you a better person and mum.

Reactions: 68

Lindsayloo

My first post here! Have followed the thread since DLP, never felt the need to post before but this situation has incensed me. What bothers me most is how Lee can just bow out without recognising what has happened and has left his wife to take the shit when he has a big part to play in Mrs Meldrum. What kind of man allows this to go on for as long as it has, shes clearly been struggling mentally for a while now, yet for the sake of free holidays, and a house they cant even furnish without freebies he tries to portray they are living their best lifes! Any self respecting man would be mortified at the change in his wife and would do what they can to relieve some of that pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

JessaP

What I'm most offended by is that in this political climate (with a synagogue shooting just yesterday), she just left in a "joke" about white supremacy.
As a woman of colour, I don't really care if she apologises or not. I like my racists and their sympathisers where I can see them.
However it would be reassuring to see her sponsors drop her. People need to know that there are consequences to shitty behaviour.

Thank you to all the ladies and gents that reported her. It's really encouraging that people won't stand for this sort of behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Pandafeet

So.....what are all going to chat about for the next week?? Anyone off anywhere nice on holiday?......

• Haha
Reactions: 61

Notenoughgin

VIP Member
CV Lee ‘Pat’ Meldrum AKA Melds
Public figure
The Murder Mansion
Banchory Retirement Villaaaaaaage
Very North in Scotland
Email for collabs.

Bad boy belter available for work.

Educated:
Not mych really. Spent a lot of time at school but it was mostly long after I’d left as I was after a worldy teen with a rich daddy

Work
I left the offshore life After I near death experience.
Currantly director at Mrs Meldrum which is my babe of a wife. Responsibility includes block and delete. Excellent drone Skills.
Chef skills of bad boi eggs and picnic plates, making 1 piece of salmon feed 5. Coffee Barrister extrodinare.
Excellent weather looker at.
Pressure washer.

Looking for new job due to major rascist boob that now risks not paying all the bills and you tube is not the jam.

Hobbits:

Walks in the woods and getting a ramming and living my best life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Pepperpot

To all those asking why the Meldrums are so hated - honestly there has been SO much that you really do need to read the threads to get a feel for it and have your eyes opened.

I am an ex Meldrum follower. Was inspired by her, was influenced by her (undeclared) adverts, and used to enjoy her content.
I have since come to realise that she is an underhand, selfish, vain, narcissistic, pathological liar whose priorities are how much money she can make for as little effort as possible, and escaping for Me Time (preferably with her PT at the gym) as often as possible (including Easter Sunday where she decided that going to the gym was preferable to spending time with her family at an Easter egg hunt).

I can give you some examples of how I’ve drawn my conclusions, although by themselves they seem like small things, if you read the threads you will also realise that she’s a nasty piece of work.
I actually can’t believe I was so deceived for so many years (I was an avid viewer from 2014 to 2018).

Most notably she failed to take her tiny infant to the doctor when, by her own admission, she was struggling to breathe and desperately ill.
She instead chose to pose suggestively/scantily clad on the bed asking viewers what they thought she should do.
Of course that makes for some awesome engagement from her viewers - oh and her husband happened to be out on the town that night which we know she doesn’t like.

Perhaps I should mention her accepting payment to promote a food bank - which she then turned up empty handed to vlog, and felt it was appropriate to include this alongside scenes of her frivolously spending and pigging out in a restaurant beforehand.

On another occasion she was asked by a lovely sounding man why her book was called “Mummy and Me” when, as a gay man with a child, he felt he may have benefitted from the kind of book it was.
Meldrum’s response?
Same as always. If you ask a question you get blocked and your comment is deleted.
She refuses to engage with anything which isn’t a compliment or part of one of her (many) ads.

She is also not transparent at all when it comes to adverts.
She had a tantrum about being told to label adverts correctly per the official guidelines, but had a go at this for a couple of posts/videos and then went back to doing it her own way.
She is taking advantage of vulnerable people by advertising items which she wants them to think she’s bought! I was a new mother when I first starting watching her and I can’t tell you how much money she made me waste, trying to keep up with what I thought I had to have to be a good mother.

Also she felt it was appropriate to insinuate that she may have had breast cancer (thankfully she didn’t) to advertise Next, the clothing store.
Oh and an expensive Boden top cures anxiety apparently.

There is so, so much more (including more that one occasion where she filmed her eldest daughter for content when she expressively asked NOT to be filmed).
Plus Disneyland Paris. You probably already know about that!

Anyway hope that helps! Personally I think it’d make a lovely article 😘

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

MrBull

VIP Member
I know this is a trash thread but I do think the gloating about her demise crosses a line at times. We’re all very aware of her shortcomings (to put it politely) on here, but sometimes I wonder if a small minority of people are intent on actively bringing her down, as opposed to just observing and commenting on what they’re doing. Not being a troll/dick, or sympathising with them, it’s just something I’ve noticed in the last wee while. And I’m checking myself on this too, I’ve definitely become over invested in this more than I should be at times, it’s easy to get sucked in to all the drama but that makes me as bad as her. I just want to get back to the days of slagging off Pat’s soupy curries and moaning about them hiding adverts 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 52

Tanne1999

VIP Member
So an Instagram ‘celeb’ can only manage a few hundred pounds raised for charities and has 87.4k Instagram followers. Meanwhile, my cousin who’s not famous in any way and has 500 Facebook friends has managed to raise this much for a charity for the London marathon. 🙄

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

ChilliDog

In her shoes my apology would have been more:
Wow, I’ve massively dropped the ball regarding an offensive comment in my latest vlog. I have been so so irresponsible to include it. I’m obviously not in control of others comments in a private situation however by making the decision to film that moment, I should have had the foresight to not include it.
I also should have removed the entire vlog once the negative feedback started, I was wrong to wait.
I was also wrong to be opportunistic with my Follow Friday - although I massively respect all those mentioned, I can fully see why me choosing that particular moment to highlight them was wrong.
I genuinely hope to be able to move on past this event, but would like to apologise to anyone who has been upset or offended.

It’s really not that hard is it?!

• Heart
Reactions: 50

shopgirlmama

I continue to be shocked that people think she’s being vilified unjustly. To me that shows you think the KKK reference was bad but not bad enough! And that is NOT OKAY!

Many I think who make airy comments like this have probably never faced racism in their lives, and think culture is your Friday take away. Just friggin google what KKK is, people were killed, people were persecuted and her friend thought that was a joke. It’s sickening! Did she look at that friend with disgust? No just brushed off like meh.

THIS IS HER J O B.
If it was a colleagues job, surely you would raise it with your HR? And WHY should anyone support a brand that is okay with someone uploading then putting some soundtrack over racist words? It is so incredibly insensitive and down right disgusting. There is NO EXCUSE!

It’s easy for those that have never been belittled by their colour or culture to think “oh this is getting out of control”. Frankly we need people standing up for the right things more often!

I’m mixed race as is my husband and our little bubba! I’ve witnessed racist remarks made to my brilliant husband when he’s walking to his car after work. I’m not internalising Rebecca’s foolishness but it’s that casual racism and the “oh she didn’t mean any harm by it” that is incredibly damaging and continues to perpetuate some sort of white heteronormativity.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

Really86

Any self respecting man would have a real job. No matter how much money we’ve got my husband could never give up work, which I’m sure most men with a good work ethic think ! And I’m proud of him for it, he works hard, he’s gained an excellent career and provided for his family. Sitting at home doing nothing would make him think he failed at life!
That is the most sexist thing I have ever read, if you had a public profile you world be rightly vilified for this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a stay at home Dad (I'm not saying that Mr.M is the perfect example of one by any means but he does care for his children well, completely do not agree with posting them on line), come join us here in 2019

Reactions: 46

Dunwoodyan

I get the impression that Rebecca's (and for that matter at least a few posters on here) thoughts on the KKK are that it was basically a few men in funny robes and pointy hats that rode around on horses at night planting burning crosses on the lawns of black people. And that this happened some time around the end of the American Civil War. Oh and yes there were some lynchings which was was awful. But hey that was a long time ago, it's history so It's fine to make a joke about it.

She is painfully ignorant. She needs to spend her time off from Insta doing a bit of research into current White Supremacist Organisations across the Globe. She might then get an inkling of why so many found the 'joke' offensive and her why her glib 'heartfelt apology' is so woefully inadequate.

I despair of a world where someone with so little education, empathy or even common sense can be given the title influencer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

Dunwoodyan

RTFT.

READ THE FUCKING THREAD!!!

Sorry but tha't been going round in my head for hours.......had to let it out 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
I'll get no likes for this, but I don't think Rebecca meldrum is racist. She's just had a very sheltered insular life and doesn't know much about the world.

If she had of mixed more in the real world, not been spoilt by her parents and had a proper job she wouldn't keep messing up. She's incapable of taking any criticism without calling someone a troll. The rest of us are used to performance objectives and annual reviews.

If you're reading this reb, take this time out to improve your interpersonal skills. Taking a real job may earn you alot less but will make you a better person and mum.
She went to a large secondary school.
She went to a large University, with students & lectures from around the world.
She lived & worked in America, in a southern US state.

She’s not some innocent little girl who’s never seen or mixed with people from other countries.

It’s a case of classic white privilege.
She probably isn’t even aware that she’s doing it. She’s ignorant to the world around her and that is the whole problem. That is why people are so annoyed about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Let’s be honest.
People like her will use this to their advantage.
Mental health issues will crop up again, she’ll go under the radar for a minute. 🙄 sympathy from the sheep will increase,
anyone pointing out the error in her ways will be called bullies.
She will do a shakey “return” to YouTube like a little lost lamb crippled with anxiety.
Stick the kids in a few vlogs. Maybe a few shots of the pigs 🤷‍♀️ you know, get those animal lovers on side. 😐
we’ll get some promises about “further uploads” addressing how she’s been dealing with this “difficult period of her life” and we’ll be told that she couldn’t have got through it without the support of the lovely fAmILy she’s built on YouTube and the subscribers she now sees as “friends”
And that she really hopes they can find a way to forgive her for “dropping the ball” and letting this one “slip through the net”
She’s as obvious as anything. There’s no such thing as “damage control” with influencers anymore.
Everything they do can be twisted into a positive. I recon at the back of her mind she knows that to.
The biggest causality of this will probably be the idiot who made the comment, you ain’t getting invited to anymore parties hun 😂😂 sorry about that.
:m:m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Ken Adams

Mrs Meldrum #37 - Another fail, made the daily mail. Now a week of hiding, in desperate need of guiding.

• Heart
Reactions: 42