Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any self respecting man would have a real job. No matter how much money we’ve got my husband could never give up work, which I’m sure most men with a good work ethic think ! And I’m proud of him for it, he works hard, he’s gained an excellent career and provided for his family. Sitting at home doing nothing would make him think he failed at life!
That is the most sexist thing I have ever read, if you had a public profile you world be rightly vilified for this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a stay at home Dad (I'm not saying that Mr.M is the perfect example of one by any means but he does care for his children well, completely do not agree with posting them on line), come join us here in 2019

Reactions: 46
I am horrified by channel mums response. They are condoning it. Clearly just care about the money.

I like Amybeingmum. She is local to me and her sister was in my year at School and she seemed nice. I see meetthewildes have also commented

Reactions: 10
She made a mistake, her apology sounded genuine. This really does feel like a witch hunt. Some of you need to really take a look at yourselves and the way you are behaving.
A mistake would be rectified asap. She would have apologised at the time if it was genuine, not 5 days later. The only thing she's sorry for is that she's been called out. And hey, if she didn't try and mute people constantly then they wouldn't be trying to find other ways to get their voices heard.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That is the most sexist thing I have ever read, if you had a public profile you world be rightly vilified for this, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a stay at home Dad (I'm not saying that Mr.M is the perfect example of one by any means but he does care for his children well, completely do not agree with posting them on line), come join us here in 2019
I see you a new member so giving you the benefit of the doubt.

No one here resents a stay at home dad.

However she doesnt go out to work
She seldom does any work related trips or networking.

Shopping in home bargains and Primark is her work.
Mostly lee in the.

She mostly at home not working

Hiding in office
Shopping
Gym .
Walks
Meeting freinds minus kids

She hardly does any school runs or cleaning.

Lee sees himself as an influencer himself

He's had 2 independent Ads check out his insta coins and beer pump.
He got to attends Scottish pork event
He gas 25k ibsta followers
He's listed as company director or meldrum ltd.
Yes they are a company/business.
He's a public figure dont you know

My husband has a job
He shares half the school runs
Does some taking to picking up from clubs
Some housework
Some food Shopping

Lee goes football once a week
Gym 3 times
Golf once or twice
Odd night out with friends and daddy cannon.

He's had 2 nights away st Andrews in last 6 weeks minus kids.
Living his best life in his 15 quid sale jack wills t shirt.
He had fab week ski for free as dumped all 3 kids in childcare.
Even dragged them out to apr as ski bar in the evening so he can enjoy himself.

He's not your typical stay at home dad.
He's her dogsbody.
He's messages women intimidating messages.
He's as neglectful with the kids as she is.
Not dressing them up warm
Dragging them out when they ill.
Filming them more than reb does to prove what a great dad he is

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
A mistake would be rectified asap. She would have apologised at the time if it was genuine, not 5 days later. The only thing she's sorry for is that she's been called out. And hey, if she didn't try and mute people constantly then they wouldn't be trying to find other ways to get their voices heard.
I don't disagree with some of that, but these threads are so nit picky, finding fault in everything she does. Some of you wouldn't be happy whatever she does. No wonder she's switched off for a week. And I don't blame Channel Mum (who I dislike a lot) closing ranks on her in the face of all of this. Emailing brands she works with and posting on other instagrammers pages asking them to respond. It's madness. Some of you really sound like you want her to close her business down and go bust, which is just plain nasty.

Reactions: 2
She made a mistake, her apology sounded genuine. This really does feel like a witch hunt. Some of you need to really take a look at yourselves and the way you are behaving.
I think people are just sick of her and her privileged lifestyle and this is the final straw. The daily gym selfies haven’t gone down well, amount of Ads (some not declared), freebies. Moaning about anxiety and then doing things that contradict that etc etc etc

Reactions: 15
She went to a large secondary school.
She went to a large University, with students & lectures from around the world.
She lived & worked in America, in a southern US state.

She’s not some innocent little girl who’s never seen or mixed with people from other countries.

It’s a case of classic white privilege.
She probably isn’t even aware that she’s doing it. She’s ignorant to the world around her and that is the whole problem. That is why people are so annoyed about it.
T.H.I.S.^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: 5
It took her five days to apologise and in the meantime she was deleting and blocking anyone who criticised her. If she was truly sorry the video would have been taken down and the offending clip removed as soon as it was pointed out and a full apology issued then

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don't disagree with some of that, but these threads are so nit picky, finding fault in everything she does. Some of you wouldn't be happy whatever she does. No wonder she's switched off for a week. And I don't blame Channel Mum (who I dislike a lot) closing ranks on her in the face of all of this. Emailing brands she works with and posting on other instagrammers pages asking them to respond. It's madness. Some of you really sound like you want her to close her business down and go bust, which is just plain nasty.
Close her business and go bust? Eh, her business is just taking digital content and has next to no outgoings and your acting as if it's a traditional business with employees and obligations.

There's no way she could go bust, one of them just might have to get a job like everyone else.

Reactions: 17
Channel Mum make money out of Mes Meldrum. They are thinking of their bottom line. She brings in revenue so they will keep
Hold of her. If she had less followers then they would have dropped her like a hot potato

She’s not heartbroken. She has shown that she doesn’t give a duck and that she doesn’t believe she’s done wrong. The comment in the lift is one thing - pass the buck, pretend she didn’t hear it, that’s her usual form. It’s her behaviour since that video went up that everyone has the problem with - the follow Friday nonsense. The photo of the T-shirt proclaiming that she “gives no fucks”. Her bouncy bouncy living my best life in the garden video literally uploaded 30mins prior to her non-apology.
If CM make millions then what difference would losing one of their 'influencers' really make to them. They should do the right thing, set an example and dump her. By not doing so they are basically falling for her lies and condoning what she has done! 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hey guys, newbie here 👋
Can't agree more about the comment being out of line, it should not have been said, let alone made it onto YouTube and don't get me started on the "apology" and the damage control. It's embarrassing! I used to watch the meldrums, I had from the beginning until recently.

I've got to voice something though, I find it concerning the effort that is being made to take The Meldrums down, I agree she and cm have handled it all wrong. But going out of your way to add fuel to the fire - contacting papers, brands, collecting evidence. I think a line has been crossed here too! I've read on threads about concerns for their children, have you stopped to think how your actions might effect the children? Not their actions (They were wrong - we have established that) but yours. It scares me what is being said on here, it's obvious all YouTubers read this site and what concerns me is how what started out to be 'a gossip site' has turned into somewhere to effectively destroy someone's career (I knowwwwww in so many cases they start the ball rolling themselves).

It's just the adding fuel to the fire what I can't get my head round. While I don't agree with everything all the YouTubers do and I especially do not agree with the racist remark, I would and do simply unsubscribe and get on with my life and not give them a second thought. After all, your views are their money.

Just a thought.
Just a thought that no one is trying to take down the meldrums.
I absolutely will not support brands that work with someone that condones casual racism.

The simple fact that she can live without having to be defined by her skin color is a hallmark of privilege. She had a head start in life, she isn’t successful based purely on her talent.
She should apologize with no agenda. She should educate herself and her children and her viewers.

The below is a direct quote from a Ted talk which I hope hits home with the people who think she is being hard done by-
“Racism is not just perpetuated by the people in white hoods. It’s also the well-meaning “I have Black friends” people who help it remain upright and unmovable. They refuse to see the part they play in the system because they’re too busy making sure everyone knows how not racist they are. Listening to Black music and loving Beyoncé does not give you a free hall pass out of the system of structural racism. Just because I enjoy a salad from time to time doesn’t mean I’m a vegetarian.”

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Friendly reminder as someone who posts here...
You’re on a trash thread,
Just saying.
You. Don’t. Need. To. Agree. With. Us.
But we’re all allowed to come here and express frustration in whatever way we want, once it’s not like... cray cray 😬
And people are frustrated. It comes across because we’re allowed to be frustrated here, we’re not in her comments or on her socials. Or with her management. 🤷‍♀️ What company works that way!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
@ Kermit what do you mean you are giving me the benefit of the doubt, I don't answer to you, I don't require a long spaced out post of what he does & then what your husband does 🙄

The original poster stated 'Any self respecting man would have a real job.', I find that offensive towards sahds which is my right, I stated that he wasn't an exemplary example of a sahd but to me that is an offensive sweeping statement

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Stay at home dad????? Are you kidding me

• Haha
Reactions: 6

New here. I’ve followed her since Florence was young as I have a son the same age. Joined and loitered after the Disney thing. But she’s become so self obsessed and so unrelatable, I find it all so boring. 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.