Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a definite strange vibe across all channel mum vloggers over the last couple of days like they are trying to hide from the tit storm or have been told to keep a low profile, I just feel like people aren’t taking as much. I might be reading easy to far in to this 😂

Reactions: 6
Anyone else think this Messiah guy is jumping on this so much to boost his own following!?
I don’t think so because he is from a completely different world; he knows that the followers of Mrs Meldrum are not particularly interested in what he does, which is music. Had he been an ‘influencer’ like Rebecca, I would have been more suspicious.

His live video is still available to watch on his Instagram, I thought he was pretty sincere and he explained that he felt upset by it as a parent and he was also a bit nervous talking saying that YouTube / doing videos like that is just not his ‘jam.’

Reactions: 15
I'll get no likes for this, but I don't think Rebecca meldrum is racist. She's just had a very sheltered insular life and doesn't know much about the world.

If she had of mixed more in the real world, not been spoilt by her parents and had a proper job she wouldn't keep messing up. She's incapable of taking any criticism without calling someone a troll. The rest of us are used to performance objectives and annual reviews.

If you're reading this reb, take this time out to improve your interpersonal skills. Taking a real job may earn you alot less but will make you a better person and mum.
Quite a few people have said that it's the fact that a racist comment was made, she acknowledged in and still included it in her vlog. That makes her racist by association. Everyone knows about the KKK and what they did.

Yes, I do believe she has lived a very privileged and sheltered life and perhaps doesn't think so much. But YouTube is her job, she is her brand. She needs to be careful.

Reactions: 19
My first post here! Have followed the thread since DLP, never felt the need to post before but this situation has incensed me. What bothers me most is how Lee can just bow out without recognising what has happened and has left his wife to take the tit when he has a big part to play in Mrs Meldrum. What kind of man allows this to go on for as long as it has, shes clearly been struggling mentally for a while now, yet for the sake of free holidays, and a house they cant even furnish without freebies he tries to portray they are living their best lifes! Any self respecting man would be mortified at the change in his wife and would do what they can to relieve some of that pressure.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I'll get no likes for this, but I don't think Rebecca meldrum is racist. She's just had a very sheltered insular life and doesn't know much about the world.

If she had of mixed more in the real world, not been spoilt by her parents and had a proper job she wouldn't keep messing up. She's incapable of taking any criticism without calling someone a troll. The rest of us are used to performance objectives and annual reviews.

If you're reading this reb, take this time out to improve your interpersonal skills. Taking a real job may earn you alot less but will make you a better person and mum.
She went to a large secondary school.
She went to a large University, with students & lectures from around the world.
She lived & worked in America, in a southern US state.

She’s not some innocent little girl who’s never seen or mixed with people from other countries.

It’s a case of classic white privilege.
She probably isn’t even aware that she’s doing it. She’s ignorant to the world around her and that is the whole problem. That is why people are so annoyed about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

I agree with this. The only job she’s ever had prior to YouTube was working at Disney world. She’s led a very sheltered, privileged life. I do believe she knew that the comment was in the blog. Why else would age include a scene of them in a lift? I think she’s heartbroken over it backfiring and her being so publicly called out.

Reactions: 7

I completely agree.

I feel like she's lost her way a bit, and this mistake will cost her greatly. It would have been easier on her if she'd apologised and removed everything - or just edited her video properly to start with. I feel like this incident has been waiting to happen for a while le. Like... She's lost her way, or got comfortable and just started phoning it in. Which in a way makes it worse.

If you're not giving it your all, why keep doing it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Quite a few people have said that it's the fact that a racist comment was made, she acknowledged in and still included it in her vlog. That makes her racist by association. Everyone knows about the KKK and what they did.

Yes, I do believe she has lived a very privileged and sheltered life and perhaps doesn't think so much. But YouTube is her job, she is her brand. She needs to be careful.
I'm just saying ingorance is her biggest issue. And seeing her background and life it's not a huge suprise.

Any normal person would know the shoutout to a woman of colour and mixed race family was an abnormal idea. She's really ignorant to have done that, but I don't think any mallace was behind it. She's probably heard of the KKK but has no idea about it all as it's never affected her own life and has very narrow horizons.

Reactions: 11
She went to a large secondary school.
She went to a large University, with students & lectures from around the world.
She lived & worked in America, in a southern US state.
And I bet like her "traveling the world" holidays she never left her own little bubble during school, uni and internship.

Reactions: 6
Agreed. I would not tolerate comments like that in my earshot. She didn't even bat an eyelid before publishing it. Privileged and oblivious.

Reactions: 10
Hey guys, newbie here 👋
Can't agree more about the comment being out of line, it should not have been said, let alone made it onto YouTube and don't get me started on the "apology" and the damage control. It's embarrassing! I used to watch the meldrums, I had from the beginning until recently.

I've got to voice something though, I find it concerning the effort that is being made to take The Meldrums down, I agree she and cm have handled it all wrong. But going out of your way to add fuel to the fire - contacting papers, brands, collecting evidence. I think a line has been crossed here too! I've read on threads about concerns for their children, have you stopped to think how your actions might effect the children? Not their actions (They were wrong - we have established that) but yours. It scares me what is being said on here, it's obvious all YouTubers read this site and what concerns me is how what started out to be 'a gossip site' has turned into somewhere to effectively destroy someone's career (I knowwwwww in so many cases they start the ball rolling themselves).

It's just the adding fuel to the fire what I can't get my head round. While I don't agree with everything all the YouTubers do and I especially do not agree with the racist remark, I would and do simply unsubscribe and get on with my life and not give them a second thought. After all, your views are their money.

Just a thought.
Its fair to say unsubscribe and get on with it if it's regarding something benign but racism is a huge social issue and we all have some degree of responsibility. The only person destroying her career is herself and it is ridiculous to blame anyone else for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sh
I don’t know Amy, but just listened to what’s basically a lot of waffle on her stories, she said on the one hand I don’t condone racism especially so called casual racism and we should all do what we can to discourage it, but on the other hand I’m not going to get involved because I don’t know the person and therefore it’s not my problem. She’d have been better staying out of it, not someone you’d want to fight your corner then!
shes too late...she got involved in messiahs live. Which people wouldnt contradict themselves

Reactions: 2
My first post here! Have followed the thread since DLP, never felt the need to post before but this situation has incensed me. What bothers me most is how Lee can just bow out without recognising what has happened and has left his wife to take the tit when he has a big part to play in Mrs Meldrum. What kind of man allows this to go on for as long as it has, shes clearly been struggling mentally for a while now, yet for the sake of free holidays, and a house they cant even furnish without freebies he tries to portray they are living their best lifes! Any self respecting man would be mortified at the change in his wife and would do what they can to relieve some of that pressure.
Any self respecting man would have a real job. No matter how much money we’ve got my husband could never give up work, which I’m sure most men with a good work ethic think ! And I’m proud of him for it, he works hard, he’s gained an excellent career and provided for his family. Sitting at home doing nothing would make him think he failed at life!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Those saying they feel sorry for her, that’s probably because you’re kind, sympathetic people. She is not! Do you think she would have issued that apology unless she was made to? Why are you feeling sorry for someone who continually gets away with treating people terribly and in her words “gives no fucks” a day after this whole mess. It’s not what happens that I find isnthe problem, it’s how she handles it and believes she and her twit of a Husband are untouchable and can behave how they want and delete, block and repeatedly try and bend the rules at every given point. She has not learnt a damn thing since her first “boob”. This is because she doesn’t give a tit! She really doesn’t. Stop applying your morals and caring natures to her, she would not do the same for you!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Agreed. I would not tolerate comments like that in my earshot. She didn't even bat an eyelid before publishing it. Privileged and oblivious.
And it took her 5 days and a lot of procrastination inbetween to take it down😢

Reactions: 14
If my channel was solely responsible for paying the mortgage, bills and supporting a family of 5 then I would micro manage it with an inch of its life. I don’t believe she is racist but is should of been noticed when editing the video.

Why the hell doesn’t Lee (unemployed and does nothing but play golf) check the content before it is published bit like a proof reader does a book???

Reactions: 38
I agree, he is a pathetic little man with no backbone... unless you count private messaging and intimidating women as showing support for his wife, of course.
Then again, he's thick as two short planks so perhaps it's better for everyone involved that he keeps his trap shut. I'm sure he'd end up making the situation 10x worse.
Creepy little pipsqueak. 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.