Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know Amy, but just listened to what’s basically a lot of waffle on her stories, she said on the one hand I don’t condone racism especially so called casual racism and we should all do what we can to discourage it, but on the other hand I’m not going to get involved because I don’t know the person and therefore it’s not my problem. She’d have been better staying out of it, not someone you’d want to fight your corner then!
I found her really insincere. Clearly scripted. Clearly reads here.

Reactions: 14
I didn't take that away from Amy's stories, she made it quite clear she didn't condone it, I was waiting for the however but it never came. She said that she wasn't going to comment on the person that said it as it wasn't her place to comment on them and said that she saw a comment on here about spying for the Meldrums but that Rebecca is not her friend and whether it was a friend or not who made those comments she would say the same.

As has been said many times I think it is the way it was handled...5 day later apology, the very crass Follow Friday..not completely removing the video..that is what people have issue with. The video should never have been put up but it was and it was handled very badly.

Reactions: 11
I found her really insincere. Clearly scripted. Clearly reads here.
She was clearly reading from a script of some sort as she kept looking down. She just waffles on... she also 100% reads this forum. They all do.

Anyway, haven’t been on here in ages and I see the Meldrum tit storm has finally hit the fan! Oh dear.

All is quiet in the deep dark wood right now 🙈 where’s Mr M with his usual smug come backs?

Reactions: 11
I don't follow her so don't know if reading from a script is a normal thing but not going to discredit her post for not mentioning Meldrums name...neither did Candice in her post. Acknowledging the tit storm and not condoning the behaviour is good enough for me, just need more of the Channel Bums to do it now.

Reactions: 18
I don't follow her so don't know if reading from a script is a normal thing but not going to discredit her post for not mentioning Meldrums name...neither did Candice in her post. Acknowledging the tit storm and not condoning the behaviour is good enough for me, just need more of the Channel Bums to do it now.
Yes I DM'd her and said we'll done for speaking out and taking a stand. Hopefully other CM influencers will do the same.

Reactions: 12
Yes I DM'd her and said we'll done for speaking out and taking a stand. Hopefully other CM influencers will do the same.
Wouldn't hold your breath for that

I get the sense the Channel Mum is like the Mean Girl hierarchy of Vlogging mums, and given that they provide ads and freebies I doubt many will want to rock the boat.

Not only that but check how many of the Channel Mums have middle class white girl privilege, none of them will care enough about racism to say anything!

Reactions: 18
I don’t know Amy, but just listened to what’s basically a lot of waffle on her stories, she said on the one hand I don’t condone racism especially so called casual racism and we should all do what we can to discourage it, but on the other hand I’m not going to get involved because I don’t know the person and therefore it’s not my problem. She’d have been better staying out of it, not someone you’d want to fight your corner then!
You can't have it both ways. People were moaning that no other influencers had commented and then when one does you complain! I say well done Amy for having the bottle to speak up and maybe other influencers should follow her lead and do the same. Nothing will ever change if no one has the courage to make a stand.

Reactions: 34
You can't have it both ways. People were moaning that no other influencers had commented and then when one does you complain! I say well done Amy for having the bottle to speak up and maybe other influencers should follow her lead and do the same. Nothing will ever change if no one has the courage to make a stand.
100%

Reactions: 15
Nope, I wasn’t moaning about anyone, I’m just reacting and giving my opinion to Amy’s insta stories which someone mentioned on here, I just think that it’s sitting on the fence to say stuff to cover yourself, but then distance yourself from the topic in hand, just my opinion that’s all, no drama🙂

Reactions: 4
Yes but she says “we need to make a stand against these people” who are the “we” then, if it’s not her?
She said earlier its important to teach the children about this. That is one way to make a stand.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else think this Messiah guy is jumping on this so much to boost his own following!?

Reactions: 19
She said that she was commenting on it as she was mentioned on threads and had people dming her about it?

Reactions: 1
I'm catching up on the thread and reading how some people feel sorry for Rebecca. If this was another influencer do you think Rebecca would feel anything towards them? It's more likely Pat the twit would show his dippy eggs and send the sheep to watch the story unfold. The Meldrums have lived in a bubble for far too long, they flout rules, don't give a flying duck how their behaviour and attitudes affect others.
They are likely at home receiving gifts from friends all shocked and full of sympathy towards a lying, deceitful spoilt madam, then mooching around the woods planning to return when the 15 trolls calm down. They won't be thinking or seeing they have done anything wrong because this pair of cocunts have egos bigger than this 💩⚡

Reactions: 19
I'll get no likes for this, but I don't think Rebecca meldrum is racist. She's just had a very sheltered insular life and doesn't know much about the world.

If she had of mixed more in the real world, not been spoilt by her parents and had a proper job she wouldn't keep messing up. She's incapable of taking any criticism without calling someone a troll. The rest of us are used to performance objectives and annual reviews.

If you're reading this reb, take this time out to improve your interpersonal skills. Taking a real job may earn you alot less but will make you a better person and mum.

Reactions: 68
The channel mum thing. Correct me if I’m wrong but they don’t own her channel so would have little power over and above just letting her go from their books? I didn’t think they were a management agency like gleam (or are they?)
Anyone else think this Messiah guy is jumping on this so much to boost his own following!?
Let’s face it, they’ll all trample on anyone to get ahead. I’m not saying that’s what he’s doing but sit back and watch this week... I wonder how many will comment on it now the ball’s rolling.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.