Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You should also send the daily mail the Twitter comments regarding only wear skinny jeans if you have skinny genes and the racist joke too. As it reinforces the type of person she really is.

Reactions: 16
I have just had a reply to my email to channel mum, and it's a copy and paste job from their response on their own page, complete cop out!!! Surely this cannot just be brushed under the carpet.
I got the same as well 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 3
If the daily mail run the story then channel mum is going to look just as bad after that response. I don’t think they understand the severity of what has happened- you would think people would have learned after the big brother thing a few years back, this just isn’t acceptable and cannot be ignored!!

Reactions: 23
Reckon CM will pay DM not to run the story. I mean, it's hardly A-lister news so DM won't be that bothered, but CM certainly will be bothered if they publish it.

Reactions: 11
If the daily mail run the story then channel mum is going to look just as bad after that response. I don’t think they understand the severity of what has happened- you would think people would have learned after the big brother thing a few years back, this just isn’t acceptable and cannot be ignored!!
quite. This article is great for referencing people who work in the media (she sort of does) and made inappropriate comments, in her case, she left an inappropriate comment within her edit.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Well, when, & it’s definitely WHEN, Edgy cocks up again, I hope she brings the whole lot of them down, CM first. If she thinks she's got away with this she’ll push the boundaries further next time.
It’s absolutely appalling that CM has glossed over this, on what earthly level is racism acceptable? They’re as despicable as she is & it’s time to boycott them & their “creators”. Yes some mums may be nice but by not speaking up & standing against this it really shows their lack of morals & conscience.
CM is dangerous imo.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
If her friend had said something else inappropriate, referenced to, say, a religion, or some other historical atrocity, I just don’t think she’d have left it in. I want to believe her, but I just can’t get past the thought that the subject matter didn’t mean enough to her, perhaps due to naivety or ignorance?

Reactions: 12
This is not OK these people are basically sweeping racism under the carpet. Could you imagine if a TV presenter or radio presenter said this and the BBC issued an apology like Channel Mums? There would be uproar and quite rightly so. This is why these half assed apologies cannot be accepted it’s basically putting out a message that racism and racist “jokes” totally fine to make!

If this was a typical work place situation she would be sacked! It’s scandalous. She needs to sit down in front of the camera and actually face this but she won’t.

She doesn’t understand why people don’t like her this is why she avoids anyone or anything that rocks the boat even when it’s her own doing. She is 100 percent responsible, she is her brand, she is in control of editing and putting out content even if she didn’t say it, she condoned that racist behaviour she is responsible and needs to make an actual apology to the people she offended. Not a woe is me I’m hard done by “apology”

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I know the DM isn’t everyone’s choice of tabloid, but I really hope they run the story and slate CM for their response too.

I really think if Mrs Meldrum has just taken the video down as soon as she had been told about the comment (although I think she knew it was in there), then issued an apology it would have been all cleared up and forgiven. Instead she has been appalling since the video was posted, basically stuck a big 2’s up to everyone and their dog!

Reactions: 19
Well, when, & it’s definitely WHEN, Edgy cocks up again, I hope she brings the whole lot of them down, CM first. If she thinks she's got away with this she’ll push the boundaries further next time.
It’s absolutely appalling that CM has glossed over this, on what earthly level is racism acceptable? They’re as despicable as she is & it’s time to boycott them & their “creators”. Yes some mums may be nice but by not speaking up & standing against this it really shows their lack of morals & conscience.
CM is dangerous imo.
Totally agree. She will definitely cock up again as she is a narcissist. CM letting her go on this one WILL come back to haunt them. CM are censoring comments left right and centre as well on their website, so are running a dictatorship, just like Reb.
I also believe this is also the time for other influencers to stand up and be counted on this whole issue. No comment to me infers they condone her actions, so are just as bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really do think that she's just so bleeping dim that it didn't even occur to her that it would need removed

And she got more than 10k for the birth vlog, she was/is bigger than Kerry Conway and got a large amount of press coverage

Reactions: 1
Other insta's aren't going to want to say anything out of fear that they will lose followers. I'm considering saying something on mine. I don't have a particularly big following and I post mainly about mental health awareness/body positivity etc, but I also post about family stuff. More people need to take a stand against them.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Other insta's aren't going to want to say anything out of fear that they will lose followers. I'm considering saying something on mine. I don't have a particularly big following and I post mainly about mental health awareness/body positivity etc, but I also post about family stuff. More people need to take a stand against them.
You’d probably gain followers from here but I understand you might like to remain anonymous :)

Reactions: 13
If her friend had said something else inappropriate, referenced to, say, a religion, or some other historical atrocity, I just don’t think she’d have left it in. I want to believe her, but I just can’t get past the thought that the subject matter didn’t mean enough to her, perhaps due to naivety or ignorance?
Or what about a topic much closer to their hearts.. The Meldrums! I can’t imagine a derogatory “joke” about themselves would have slipped through the cracks. Their comments section is a testament to how well they can censor content when it is relating to something they actually care about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Channel mum are on the delete comments bandwagon, I was reading someone’s comment which quoted Edgys jeans-genes and Ghandi floss tweet and POOF like magic before my very eyes it got deleted. I didn’t even manage to finish reading the comment!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.