Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RTFT.

READ THE bleeping THREAD!!!

Sorry but tha't been going round in my head for hours.......had to let it out 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Just had a cursory scout round Mumsnet and can't find any threads on this. So either her sheep are all MNers or Justine is deleting anything that pops up

• Wow
Reactions: 6
What did brummy (who I cannot stand) get dragged into?
Not a huge fan either. But basically she paid out of her own pocket to go to DLP around the same time that Rebecca went. As you know, Reb made a "boob" and didn't declare DLP as ad/gifted. Because of this, people assumed that Brummy also didn't declare her trip, so she ended up having to show her email booking to prove she'd paid herself. It made Brummy look as shady as Rebecca with her undeclared trip when she'd actually paid. If only Rebecca had been honest from the start...

Reactions: 11
Not a huge fan either. But basically she paid out of her own pocket to go to DLP around the same time that Rebecca went. As you know, Reb made a "boob" and didn't declare DLP as ad/gifted. Because of this, people assumed that Brummy also didn't declare her trip, so she ended up having to show her email booking to prove she'd paid herself. It made Brummy look as shady as Rebecca with her undeclared trip when she'd actually paid. If only Rebecca had been honest from the start...
Thanks. Bet brummy was fuming. That hers WASN'T gifted 😂

Reactions: 3
Quite a few new members in tattle which is hardly surprising. Some, it seems are not even recently joined but first or early posts asking for a run down. 🤔
I'm smelling something fishy tbh. The smell of Press and Agents. Everything they need is out there, no need to ask for rundowns or to post reruns for them. Whether new members or if they've been members for a long while, they just need to spend some time ready back. Tattle has long time advised Verruca and Bunion how to do their jobs. We're not doing the jobs of press or agents too.
I was thinking exactly the same, too many new members asking obvious questions.....

Reactions: 9
I'm not normally one to comment on such things (I'm pretty much a lurker because I'm super nosey), but seriously, Edgy has peed me off with this big time. I followed her vlogs a while ago, then unsubbed because, well, she got boring. I watch occasionally just to be nosey. I used to follow her insta until the other day when this whole tit storm happened.

I work in social media. My kids and I occasionally put up YT videos (when they ask to film something otherwise it's left static). When you edit properly, you know everything that has happened, so her trying to feed the sheep that she didn't hear it (plus you can see her face when the comment was made, so she heard it alright). Then, instead of removing the whole scene - it didn't need to be in there anyway! - she stick some crappy music over the top which makes no sense whatsoever. Very poor editing!

Combine this with the blocking and deleting and now the 'woe is me' posts. People like her give a lot of the genuine vloggers and influencers out there bad names.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I can t believe that there is an influencer saying that gossip sites can make people do things like this!!!! Really!!! How can people want to defend her??
Including the racist comment was a massive error on her part but it is also her behaviour since which has been as appalling!! She has bedn burying in head in the sand for days until someone obviously indicated she needed to make an apology publically (an atrocious one at that). This should not be allowed to just vanish - edgy needs to finally realise that actions have consequences and there’s no where to hide now! X

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All this could have been prevented by just spending a bit more time and effort on the work she produces.
This. If she spent a bit less time pottering, mooching and focussing on me time, she would have more time to properly edit her videos instead of putting out the half arsed slapdash rubbish she has been producing in recent months and wouldn’t have got herself into this mess.
Lee gave up work to be a sahd so she could concentrate on this full time. Rebecca, for your information, full time work is AT LEAST 35 hours per week and me time, self care, gym, time with the girlies, mooching and pottering all has to be fitted in around your working day.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
These are tweets from today replying to a tweet Thomas Cook posted on the 11th April featuring a video of them.
Thanks did not realise they had used them in recent advertising as i only know of 1 free break with them which was properly declared and her kids looked so happy because they were not dumped in kids clubs all the time like neilsons.
I remember reb saying s said was her favourite holiday.

We dont know if next neilsons break is free
We know last year's was because ASA confirmed it.
The meldrums did not declare it.

Did anyone report the st Andrews vlog to ASA.

Ready wanted to know if gifted as sounds like an ad and explains delay in taking it down.

Reactions: 5
I'm not normally one to comment on such things (I'm pretty much a lurker because I'm super nosey), but seriously, Edgy has peed me off with this big time. I followed her vlogs a while ago, then unsubbed because, well, she got boring. I watch occasionally just to be nosey. I used to follow her insta until the other day when this whole tit storm happened.

I work in social media. My kids and I occasionally put up YT videos (when they ask to film something otherwise it's left static). When you edit properly, you know everything that has happened, so her trying to feed the sheep that she didn't hear it (plus you can see her face when the comment was made, so she heard it alright). Then, instead of removing the whole scene - it didn't need to be in there anyway! - she stick some crappy music over the top which makes no sense whatsoever. Very poor editing!

Combine this with the blocking and deleting and now the 'woe is me' posts. People like her give a lot of the genuine vloggers and influencers out there bad names.
If there's one thing I've learnt since following local vlogger MrsM avidly, it's THIS! There is so much excellent content out there, a lot of them with no where near the followers she gained. How the hell she managed to gain that number and still be producing (albeit increasingly tit content) goodness knows. I've discovered loads of my faves now with far more entertaining, educational, inspirational and just bloody good creators since my eyes have opened further than watching the local circus act.

Reactions: 13
Just catching up. Too little too late for me with the apology, she should have deleted that video as soon as folk complained, never mind the small point of editing it properly in the first place. An apology is really worth nothing if you’re made to give it several days later, it wasn’t really given voluntarily then was it? 😢AND it isn’t even trueful! A racist comment made by a few people in the background chatter, really? I have that clip and it was one of her best friends in the lift, made because they were all off to the #gifted spa in their #gifted dressing gowns and she smirked as did many of them, disgusting really, I know she didn’t make the comment but she condoned it by smirking and including it in a video on her family channel🤮what is it she’s always saying, her channel, her rules #block and delete. AND she hasn’t deleted the video, she’s just stuck some music over the comment! AND she’s turned her comments off on Instagram, I wonder why? 🤫

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.