Mrs Meldrum #36 We ducked this one up, didn't we Lee? Didn't We Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Karma bites you on the bum when you least expect it šŸ˜‰

I still wonder if something much bigger has got hold of this, hence the frantic attempts to lock and delete anything remotely incriminating. There's a reason why she loves Instagram Stories so, so much........
Maybe the Daily Fail - she was slagging them off a few years ago on her Fb!
F5EF2AAA-A727-4EBB-8871-DF5CDDB42D66.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can almost hear the sheep now .. so worried about you , you said sorry itā€™s not your fault ... blah blah blah .

Hope edgy has her Boden jumper on .

Boden jumper on
An emergency appointment with the Reki lady
The magic crystals charged
A good hard ramming in the gym tomorrow
Cup of Yorkshire tea
Listen to a podcast
Rub some cream on your face (Olay/Elemis)
Turn the light on when it gets dark

Belter pearls of wisdom šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Still all about her! She s shaken!! A heartfelt apology should be about who you have/offended not about yourself!! X

Reactions: 13
Pat will be shitting himself. He might have to actually WORK for a living! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Boden jumper on
Cup of Yorkshire tea
Listen to a podcast

She ll not be showing her face on the school runs this week!!! X

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If most of the offended are deleted how they going to see her stories that disaapear within 24hours.

Does banachory have a good pub?

Go to Winchester wait for it to blow over(Shaun of the dead quote)

They on proper lockdown

Vlog deleted
Hope no scheduled ads this week
Insta is their money maker not Twitter or Facebook

Reactions: 15
I know this has been said many times before, but, the ā€œapologyā€ has made my blood boil. She isnā€™t sorry. She is only sorry that she has been caught out and that is very very obvious. If she was in any other job she would be fired. If it was a bigger, well known personality they would be hung, drawn and quartered. What with her piss poor videos surely channel Mum have to drop her now?! She is toxic.

Reactions: 20
Boden jumper on
Cup of Yorkshire tea
Listen to a podcast

Open the window
'Right' a list of things to do

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In her shoes my apology would have been more:
Wow, Iā€™ve massively dropped the ball regarding an offensive comment in my latest vlog. I have been so so irresponsible to include it. Iā€™m obviously not in control of others comments in a private situation however by making the decision to film that moment, I should have had the foresight to not include it.
I also should have removed the entire vlog once the negative feedback started, I was wrong to wait.
I was also wrong to be opportunistic with my Follow Friday - although I massively respect all those mentioned, I can fully see why me choosing that particular moment to highlight them was wrong.
I genuinely hope to be able to move on past this event, but would like to apologise to anyone who has been upset or offended.

Itā€™s really not that hard is it?!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Channel mum silence and lack of action shows they are part of the problem. The problem being both institutional racism and Meldrum incompetence.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I get the impression that Rebecca's (and for that matter at least a few posters on here) thoughts on the KKK are that it was basically a few men in funny robes and pointy hats that rode around on horses at night planting burning crosses on the lawns of black people. And that this happened some time around the end of the American Civil War. Oh and yes there were some lynchings which was was awful. But hey that was a long time ago, it's history so It's fine to make a joke about it.

She is painfully ignorant. She needs to spend her time off from Insta doing a bit of research into current White Supremacist Organisations across the Globe. She might then get an inkling of why so many found the 'joke' offensive and her why her glib 'heartfelt apology' is so woefully inadequate.

I despair of a world where someone with so little education, empathy or even common sense can be given the title influencer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I get the impression that Rebecca's (and for that matter at least a few posters on here) thoughts on the KKK are that it was basically a few men in funny robes and pointy hats that rode around on horses at night planting burning crosses on the lawns of black people. And that this happened some time around the end of the American Civil War. Oh and yes there were some lynchings which was was awful. But hey that was a long time ago, it's history so It's fine to make a joke about it.

She is painfully ignorant. She needs to spend her time off from Insta doing a bit of research into current White Supremacist Organisations across the Globe. She might then get an inkling of why so many found the 'joke' offensive and her why her glib 'heartfelt apology' is so woefully inadequate.

I despair of a world where someone with so little education, empathy or even common sense can be given the title influencer.
My husband and I were saying similar last night. She is hugely ignorant, and naive. She has lived a privileged and sheltered life so has no idea what race struggles still exist in the world today so had no idea this would blow up like this.
If you are going to be that stupid and naive, you really shouldn't have a voice that reaches 100k followers.
Hopefully she deletes her insta as well as fb, and tries to focus on being a mother who is actually present, and one or both of them gets a stable job. Preferably one that doesn't cause nothing but shite for their poor daughters.

Yo Meldrums - it's time.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.