Mrs Meldrum #35 You'd be better taking the stairs - nae joking!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know if she’s racist or not but the joke made by her friend was and she allowed it on a public platform by not checking her content properly! An apology and deleting the vlog could have made it all go away and in that instance I may have felt for her a bit if there had been a tit storm but the way she has covered it up and then used her FF to suck up is disgusting and she deserves the tit to hit the fan!!!

Reactions: 18
So I'm in 2 minds about all of this. No, I don't think she is a white supremacist at all. But what she should have done was hold her hands up and make an apology and taken the whole video down. Instead she doubled down and then made a stunningly stupid move this morning. Had she apologised and taken action in the first instance none of this would be happening. Shes done it to herself.
On the other hand, I really feel for Candice. It's not an accurate example, but I know that personally, whenever I hear some edgy comic make any sort of dead baby joke I feel absolute white hot fury and grief. Because it is something that has happened to me and it's such a deeply personal response. I imagine candice probably feels much the same way, because she clearly seems to have experienced racism in her life so it really deeply affects her, and angers her. And really, theres no excuse in the world for making someone feel that way.

Reactions: 36
I don’t know if she’s racist or not but the joke made by her friend was and she allowed it on a public platform by not checking her content properly! An apology and deleting the vlog could have made it all go away and in that instance I may have felt for her a bit if there had been a tit storm but the way she has covered it up and then used her FF to suck up is disgusting and she deserves the tit to hit the fan!!!
Yep. Should’ve taken it down then made a post or story saying she was so embarrassed and upset to discover the comment in her vlog and naturally it had to come down because it was unacceptable. That’s it!

Reactions: 23
Yep. Should’ve taken it down then made a post or story saying she was so embarrassed and upset to discover the comment in her vlog and naturally it had to come down because it was unacceptable. That’s it!
That’s what she SHOULD have done..but we all know grabecca never sees wrong doing in her own behaviour so that would never happen!

Reactions: 9
I imagine candice probably feels much the same way, because she clearly seems to have experienced racism in her life so it really deeply affects her, and angers her.
Look I obviously don’t know Candice, but the everyday racism she talks about on her page is being stepped over by white women for jobs. As she said, the KKK thing in the lift is a sort of “nonsense” but being used as a SHIELD for a white woman’s duck up, a woman who gets brand deals thrown at her, book deals, holidays, Boden clothes etc etc while Candice gets her 500 word article omitted from an article referencing HER business is totally unacceptable. That’s the kind of stuff Candice faces every day and why what Reb did after the video screw up is pretty awful, imo.

Reactions: 53
As in politics, it's not the lie or cock up itself that gets you it's the cover up. Block, delete, ignore - chickens home to roost.

Reactions: 15
I notice she’s also deleted all the stories of poppy from this morning! Next up her food portions will go 🙄

BUT she’s put up a “sisters” story of the girls..
I can not believe she’s not at least taking a dignified silence in the midst of all of this. She should be apologising but if she can’t bring herself to do that yet the least she can do is stay off of bleeping Instagram!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Look I obviously don’t know Candice, but the everyday racism she talks about on her page is being stepped over by white women for jobs. As she said, the KKK thing in the lift is a sort of “nonsense” but being used as a SHIELD for a white woman’s duck up, a woman who gets brand deals thrown at her, book deals, holidays, Boden clothes etc etc while Candice gets her 500 word article omitted from an article referencing HER business is totally unacceptable. That’s the kind of stuff Candice faces every day and why what Reb did after the video screw up is pretty awful, imo.
THIS THIS THIS!!

Reactions: 9
I’m a mental health nurse and have worked on a eating disorder unit and Rebecca meal tonight would be classed as a introduction portion, not even half
Do you think maybe she's had an ED in the past? And just never said ?

Reactions: 4
I tend to agree. I don’t think it’s necessary to stoke the fire on Instagram or it’ll just be seen to be a witch hunt and she’ll pull the bullying card to deflect from the real issue. She had an opportunity to apologise about leaving the offensive remark in the vlog. She didn’t do that. Then there was this ill thought out follow Friday today. This is all her own doing. We should just leave her to sort out the mess herself without giving her the “people are out to get me” tit.
I agree. Candice has called her out in a very public way. No need really for everyone else twisting the knife. That won't achieve anything.

Reactions: 10
I don’t want to wade in to whether Rebecca is a racist or not, I think Candice has stood her ground perfectly and I’m so pleased that there are women like her on instagram for young girls to look up to instead of the likes of the meldrums.

I am interested in how people would come back from this if you were Rebecca! I think if I was her I would bow out of all social media and YouTube and concentrate on my family. I’m assuming they have been saving with all the extra ads etc so could get by until one of them found a job. Surely?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I wasn't disputing any of this...

First post after reading many a thread...

This just shows that she does not take the time or effort in her YT videos any more! If she did, she would have noticed her friends comment and edited out.

Surely she can’t be that stupid to notice the comment and leave in on purpose?

Reactions: 11
I really hope this is the beginning of the end for Grabecca. She’s crossed the line this time & even if she apologises (which she arrogantly won’t) it’s gone too far. How she can claw her way back from this I don’t know.
She’s made “boobs” before, some of them actually really serious, but this time she’s really went too far.
Pull up a seat everyone, this is what we’ve been waiting for & what that racist, homophobic, ageist, fat-shaming bint deserves. 👍
Popcorn anyone??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::m:m

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Another Chanel Mum vlogger put up a post about the importance of introducing your children to other cultures/ways of life and how it was important as parents to strive for a wide and diverse social circle.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Even the YouTube OGs remove content when it's this insulting & damaging. Alfie and Zoë have both had to remove and apologise for content before and they're younger with less responsibilities than Reb. Edgy raising the next generation with bigoted circle of 'chums'.
Surprisingly Zoella and Edgy are only a year apart! You would never think that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.