Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really know. I don't follow any other UK influencers as much as Rebs, aware of Louise, Charlotte, Ysis but don't watch everything they do. so I have no idea of who is not following the rules. The insta page is to reflect facts only and not intended to "hate" and mainly for everyone in tattle, so if some others agree I'm happy to post but I will need captions and photos.
I get that, I was just wondering ?
Eurgh Emily Norris is a bugger for writing a really long video title and putting AD on the end so you can't even see it. Pretty sure that that Kerry Conway woman was advertising the robot Hoover, but I could see no mention of ad anywhere on her video at all. They're all as bad as each ithwd!

Reactions: 8
I think the reason they are all getting their knickers in a twist over having to label everything as an ad or gifted is now us followers will actually know how much they get for free and also how often they get paid to promote things!! So this perfect, look at us, look how many holidays we go, look at our brand new massive house with all my new furniture and pictures on persona has been rumbled! The annoying thing with so many influencers putting ‘Ad’ at the beginning of a picture or YouTube video to cover ‘some things in this picture may be gifted’ is that we as followers won’t actually be able to tell which items have been individually gifted, therefore helping these YouTubers to continue to flaunt everything they have and making some people feel like tit that they too can’t afford a similar lifestyle!

Reactions: 16
Side note but you don’t need a limited company to operate a business. She obviously was a sole trader and so self employed prior to incorporation. What you’re doing now is speculating that they are tax evaders and without proof your basically slandering them. If you have suspicions then by all means report them but because you think something doesn’t add up is not going to be taken massively seriously by HMRC. (They may have had lots of capital in their old house and significant savings from lees time offshore) added to that the income they take from the limited company and it’s not unfeasable. Just saying.

I’m not a fan of the Meldrums practices with regards to advertising/blocking freedom of speech when it doesn’t suit their rhetoric but I don’t agree with speculation.
I'm actually at one with this, I may take the piss out of them but some of the speculation is pretty wild. I've silently chuckled at some of the posts. I have little doubt that they are no where near as thick as some posters would like them to be and that his job and their family connections meant they made some pretty savvy deals along the way.
We deal regularly with HMRC and I wont bore the pants off you but how they actually deal with people is somewhat different to how some posters would wish they deal with people. Also they are under considerable strain at the moment and this explosion in vloggers will only add to that.
People will be found out but it will take time.
HMRC work on a relatively simple model based on what a business is expected to earn

People will always speculate and I'm sure there will be lots of replies along the way of this is a gossip site we can say what we like hrumph pumph whose side are you on blah de blah. Thats fine but between the extremes are some simple truths.

This family along with many others have IMHO just tit on the people that follow them and those who believed in them. There always comes a backlash when you do that and that may be happening now, What amuses me si much about these "inspirational" vloggers is that they are simply the lucky ones that got lucky mostly by chance,
The more "inspirational" these vloggers are the more passionate are their fan bases.
They all do a few common things
Sell out their privacy then scream when they feel its invaded
Sell out their kids by videoing them
Try and make as much money as possible
After a while they become way too self important and feel that they are providing a service to their fanbase
They always cry when found out about something they shouldnt or when they find that they have put out too much of their private lives out there
Non of these fuckers are better than you or I some of them just think they are
Meldrums (or the Doldrums) as they are mentioned elsewhere on the wibbly web of things are great to have the piss taken out of.

Reactions: 17
I think the reason they are all getting their knickers in a twist over having to label everything as an ad or gifted is now us followers will actually know how much they get for free and also how often they get paid to promote things!! So this perfect, look at us, look how many holidays we go, look at our brand new massive house with all my new furniture and pictures on persona has been rumbled! The annoying thing with so many influencers putting ‘Ad’ at the beginning of a picture or YouTube video to cover ‘some things in this picture may be gifted’ is that we as followers won’t actually be able to tell which items have been individually gifted, therefore helping these YouTubers to continue to flaunt everything they have and making some people feel like tit that they too can’t afford a similar lifestyle!
Absolutely bob on and the effect will be that some viewers will think its all gifted., been given for free.
They (the vloggers) can't very well turn round and be indignant when people think its all been given for free

Reactions: 4
Hopefully this can be the turning point for her. The hatred isn't towards her, it's the things she's done over the last 6-12 months! She reads this thread enough to know most of us have said we liked a lot of the earlier videos when Lee was offshore, yes there was the meltdowns about the cat etc but on the whole she was normal!
The blocking and deleting has probably been the issue that's pissed most people off.
I watched that cat video the other day, it was a massive overreaction, but (especially if you're a parent) I think we've all been there where things are getting on top of u and it takes one tiny ridiculous thing to push u over the edge!

Reactions: 5
To be fair... even if I had been gifted most of the furniture in mrs m new house I don’t think I would have taken it ??

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve been gone ages and am unable to read back on everything to catch up ? what’s happening?! What’s the insta page? What accounts have been moaning about the new guidelines?? I noticed Mrs m was extremely quiet all day yesterday after her announcement about the guidelines! So came on her to see what you guys thought and I’m totally lost!! What’s this about her dad making a homophobia remark or something? Is someone able to give me a super quick briefing on all I missed ? thanks!!!!

Reactions: 3
I think we all missing the point here?which is how far have they traveled to get those chickpeas?!??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't exactly dislike her but if she was on fire and I had water I would drink it ? (obviously that's a joke) Her behaviour when she is caught out is so immature and if I was a loyal sheep I would be getting pretty pissed off with the Houdini disappearing act that keeps happening with no explanation. Her and Pat are well suited both annoying with very little going on up there. I don't think either of them are good looking she looks dead behind the eyes and he looks like an over grown milky bar kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think the problem is... alot of these mummy floggers think they are able to quit their day to day job to live off what they make on insty and youtube.... the reality is they cant, in order to make a living they need to do constant adds which puts their followers off, the reason why we watch is to get tips, etc... not to be told to go out and buy some tit thats apparently going to change our life, its meant to be a side hobby, fair enough if they want to add the occasional add, but its to the point now of being on most posts and it feels like when they do a “normal post” about what they have been upto etc that its fake and its just trying to keep followers interested. I dont hate the meldrums i just think they dont care about their followers, they think of them as a job and a number.... there are vulnerable people watching and they are probably causing them so much anxiety and depression by making out their life is full of luxuries, holidays, childcare, date nights etc.

We all know the reality of life-
Look after the children
Work
Look after the children
Clean
Sleep
Repeat.

They live in a bubble.

Reactions: 11
I don't exactly dislike her but if she was on fire and I had water I would drink it ? (obviously that's a joke) Her behaviour when she is caught out is so immature and if I was a loyal sheep I would be getting pretty pissed of with the Houdini disappearing act that keeps happening with no explanation. Her and Pat are well suited both annoying with very little going on up there. I don't think either of them are good looking she looks dead behind the eyes and he looks like an over grown milky bar kid.
Milky bar kid!!!!?????

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If you keep doing the same thing you will always get the same results.

Don't hate the player hate the game.
Most if us don't hate you reb we dislike your behaviour.

If you don't listen and debate
Engage with fans not just ones who agree with you how do you move on.

If you had done a genuine apology for disney things would have died down.

You said it was poor timing that so many ads at once and apologised theb we had so many ads.

When people mentioned it you said you needed all these ads to live.

You had opportunity with foodbank and breast cancer scare to do good and raise awareness.

How you don't realise a next ad, a fake giveaway and talking about breast lump scare was distasteful.

It's been once bad decision after another since dlp.

The no spend jan was disaster you may think its funny.

I can understand why she lashes out shes scared.

More misconceptions will come to light.

I don't understand why they hid the shared ownership with council.

There's so many things that woukd have made interesting organic content if they were honest.

So many wasted opportunities.

When trust is so badly eroded it can be hard to come back from that.

The rants about the police
The passive aggressive water off ducks back on insta stories
The admitting only other week you taking happiness and not showing the real you was enlightening.

We only discuss here material you put out.
We the speculate on what you said or did.
There are lots of mysteries so we assume the gaps.

Reactions: 7
And how easy is it going to hide behind "AD" at the beginning? For example a photograph of an "influencer" in a gym. The gym membership? The clothing? The makeup? The jewellery? What component is the "influencer" being paid to advertise, or has the component been given the "influencer" for free, or is the influencer receiving payment if the consumer utilises a link? In my opinion going "above and beyond" will list the advertised component.

Reactions: 8
Side note but you don’t need a limited company to operate a business. She obviously was a sole trader and so self employed prior to incorporation. What you’re doing now is speculating that they are tax evaders and without proof your basically slandering them. If you have suspicions then by all means report them but because you think something doesn’t add up is not going to be taken massively seriously by HMRC. (They may have had lots of capital in their old house and significant savings from lees time offshore) added to that the income they take from the limited company and it’s not unfeasable. Just saying.

I’m not a fan of the Meldrums practices with regards to advertising/blocking freedom of speech when it doesn’t suit their rhetoric but I don’t agree with speculation.
It’s not slander. It’s on the internet in black and white telling you the ways they have of finding you. Like I posted!!!! I’m very well aware you don’t need to be a limited company to operate a business. I’m one of them!!! ?. It’s what the HMRC even have listed as ways and means of finding people out. It’s out there to warn us all and not just directed at the meldrums. It’s applicable to any sole trader/partnership (which I am)/limited company /any one on benefits or anyone doing extra work for back handlers. Quite simple! And oh I can assure you if someone reports you it’s taken seriously VERY in fact. You just need a disgruntled person seeing you get on in life to do so. We’ve been at that end of the stick and had an investigation. It isn’t nice!! That’s why it’s also best to have insurance against an HMRC invesitgation as the fees and for your accountant being involved is horrendous. The way you commented is as if we’re all thick and don’t have a clue, when we do. It’s not just the meldrums and hey If they are above board they have damn all to worry about. It’s an industry in dire dire need of regulation and I’m not stupid enough to think they are all being nicey nicey and declaring everything. It’s something anyone reading who is dodging the tax man should take note of! I’ll tell you how picky they are. A set of knives (parts for a machine) HMRC thought we’re kitchen knives and even investigated into that. That’s how petty the HMRC are!! We knew someone who was using her grandparents mobility car not just as the designated driver for the grandparents but to use for her own work, keeping her own cars in the garage and mileage down so could then sell on at higher price as was in good condition. She too was reported for abusing a disability car. HMRC are very picky. They take every call serious and then decide if it needs further investigation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think the problem is... alot of these mummy floggers think they are able to quit their day to day job to live off what they make on insty and youtube.... the reality is they cant, in order to make a living they need to do constant adds
This exactly, the channel mum people generally get such low views the only way to make any decent money is to just advertise anything. They will burn through followers quickly and they are/were unjustifiably paid well due to the sly nature of online influencing.

Anyone that did long term plans based on the last couple of years is being very naive.

I can't think of the right analogy, but it's only short term gain by chosing to do so many ads and long term its a terrible business move.

Crazy to think some think they are doing a favour by allowing users to watch their content for free when it all boils down to ads. Anyone can film themselves cleaning or cooking and chop it together, no USP or longevity.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.