Mrs Meldrum #18 The Sheep Are Still Bleating, The Gym Will Be Fleeting, Nasty Tweets Were Discovered And Reb Gets Deleting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Annnnnnd just like that we have “it’s ok to ask for help” “it’s ok not to be ok” picture up on her instagram without explanation.

Always the victim! It’s unreal! What is she throwing a strop about now? Busted.
Did she really put that up last night before she deleted all stories.

The sheep must feel so confused.

Is lee frantically labelling ad also

So what gifted in this pic

She claims she brought the leggings

Top , sports bra or trainers
Or the actual pt session
Or years supply free gym membership

Please do be more specific reb
Do cma want specifics

Ie Nike have ten this best

Bet they have had a crappy few hours
Who's laughing like a school girl now reb

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope you're feeling better soon. Everything you have written could have been written by me two years ago.

When I had my baby I thought these instamums were the norm. I put so much pressure on myself about having this perfect life. My mental health really suffered as I thought I was failing my baby and my husband when I wasn't able to keep up.

Eventually I unfollowed everyone and felt better when I realised that is not a real life they are showing. The first six months of my baby's life was a dark time for me as I didn't feel good enough. This is why I believe this influencer industry needs tighter regulations so that vulnerable people, like I was, are protected.
So sorry you and hachos had such a bad time.

I think they can be damaging to people's mental heath.

At times when I was down they made me feel crap.

I'm glad people realising what they like
Also CMA doing more to protect vunerable consumers.

Reactions: 10
No mention of free stuff from next

Those flowers
Mirrors
Lights

All kindly gifted in previous insta stories
Mattress in bed I guess was longer than 12months

Reactions: 8
This one needs amending

AD in capitals needs be at the very start

Not kindly gifted and tagged at the very end

She's not amended that many clearly she got bored.
Clearly shes thrown her toys out the pram and coming across as petulant child.

If i was I the industry I would steer clear of her.

You dont want to be tarnished.

Will she amend her you tube especially last one which included so much free make-up.

Will lee change his.

I still want to see specific breakdown.

Imagine if whole outfit was free might open some sheep eyes.

Brummy once said some brands dont like ads to be declared as it decreases engagement.

They must love the as she shifty and did what they suggested.

The Meldrums the home that Ads built.

I'm.so bored of seeing the disenuo prints in her office.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I know kids like pick their outfits

But sometimes as a parent you have to say no it a not practical.
It's Scotland its winter and its cold

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Are all these mummy’s completely dense!! Getting their knickers in a twist that they have to declare all their gifted items as an AD.

Nobody is jealous of your free stuff and tbh the biggest problem is actually the companies SENDING all the free crap to them.

It’s cheap advertising that hasn’t been leagally declared as advertising and that is was CMA is clamping down on. It’s easier for them to go after the little people/individuals/so called influencers than the big companies underhanded marketing practices.

The mummy floggers have gotten greedy and no longer live in the real world of actually having to buy things and pay for holidays. Because before they were selling their soul and children’s privacy to the highest bidder how much free items were they ever sent- NONE!!

See nobody said anything about the paid partnership with Thomas Cook people have a problem with the ones Reb & Lee LIED/didn’t declare i.e. Neilson and DLP.

Mummy floggers have a problem with putting AD in a post because they claim it’s “gifted” why don’t they negotiate a fee to show the gifted item. If the company really wants you to show it they will pay if they are not willing to pay for the mummy floggers time get them to come and collect it, send it back or donate it!!

That doesn’t mean selling it!!!!!

The days of doing little videos for youtube is over.

If they don’t like the new regulations do what everyone else does when they don’t like their job- FIND A NEW ONE!!

Reactions: 16
She has literally edited a handful of recent posts with her ridiculous ad declaration. Bloody hell just put AD at the start without this ridiculous explanation. She hasn’t even mentioned what was gifted - the lipstick, the furniture, the prints, the clothing?? It’s your job take it seriously especially if you are the main earner and your family are relying on you to keep a roof over their heads. Every single one of her posts should have been amended by now. Infact they should’ve been devalued from day 1 as it’s the LAW!
I have an actual professional career (healthcare) since I graduated at 22. It was a steep learning curve but I have taken it so seriously. If I ever screwed up to the same level as her I’d have been sacked a long time ago. My family rely on me as the main earner (plus all the usual mummy stuff) so I know the pressure but come on Rebs step up! Rules and laws are there for a reason and should be followed and respected.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Are all these mummy’s completely dense!! Getting their knickers in a twist that they have to declare all their gifted items as an AD.

Nobody is jealous of your free stuff and tbh the biggest problem is actually the companies SENDING all the free crap to them.

It’s cheap advertising that hasn’t been leagally declared as advertising and that is was CMA is clamping down on. It’s easier for them to go after the little people/individuals/so called influencers than the big companies underhanded marketing practices.

The mummy floggers have gotten greedy and no longer live in the real world of actually having to buy things and pay for holidays. Because before they were selling their soul and children’s privacy to the highest bidder how much free items were they ever sent- NONE!!

See nobody said anything about the paid partnership with Thomas Cook people have a problem with the ones Reb & Lee LIED/didn’t declare i.e. Neilson and DLP.

Mummy floggers have a problem with putting AD in a post because they claim it’s “gifted” why don’t they negotiate a fee to show the gifted item. If the company really wants you to show it they will pay if they are not willing to pay for the mummy floggers time get them to come and collect it, send it back or donate it!!

If they don’t like the new regulations do what everyone else does when they don’t like their job- FIND A NEW ONE!!
She's never ever declared any of the neilson holidays as free.

I only know as it was discussed on mumsnet as ASA confirmed the last group neilson holiday was free.

The meldrums also done takeover on neilson channel a few times making it clear there must be some sort if business arrangement and editorial control.

If the dlp holiday was gifted by or agency that works for Tesco with no obligation to post.

Why after tit storm on insta did she release and disney land video on you tube.

Can CAN warn her if they are sent original posts and can see she edited.
That's her mo edit few days later and hope no body notices

Reactions: 9
She has literally edited a handful of recent posts with her ridiculous ad declaration. Bloody hell just put AD at the start without this ridiculous explanation. She hasn’t even mentioned what was gifted - the lipstick, the furniture, the prints, the clothing?? It’s your job take it seriously especially if you are the main earner and your family are relying on you to keep a roof over their heads. Every single one of her posts should have been amended by now. Infact they should’ve been devalued from day 1 as it’s the LAW!
I have an actual professional career (healthcare) since I graduated at 22. It was a steep learning curve but I have taken it so seriously. If I ever screwed up to the same level as her I’d have been sacked a long time ago. My family rely on me as the main earner (plus all the usual mummy stuff) so I know the pressure but come on Rebs step up! Rules and laws are there for a reason and should be followed and respected.
Next kindly gifted her and the kids so much clothing.
Practically everything the family wore at Disney was gifted.
How she can say she doesn't get much clothing.
Same with house stuff next delivered so much stuff.

We assume all recent lipsticks are Bobby Brown.
I assume all skincare is elemeis or olay also gifted

Reactions: 13
Interesting response to Emma hills debate

She said to Mrs meldrum I will be following CAM rules as they have the power to fine as wasent reb saying ASA gifted was fine.

She deleted her stories and q and a as made her look stupid.

The tide is turning.

Tax returns just got a bit more taxing
Please mr tax man check out the grid
Speak to ASA whats been kindly gifted
Check out Aberdeenshire buy and sell page to see kind gifts sold On!

Also if it's an ad
Do child labour laws kick in and finally give some protection to you tube/insta kids

.Make teddy? the managing director :ROFLMAO: hes got a good nose for business
and a more interesting day in the life nowadays. Even an outfit or the day of what I eat in a day from Teddy would have more substance and interest to mr than the crap that's been dished out to followers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Brummy getting it wrong in her stories now too saying it’s gifted etc and she also seems to be making up her own hashtags too!

I get it can all be labelled AD but I reckon a good differentiation would be AD for paid and AD-Gifted for gifted items??

Reactions: 11
Brummy getting it wrong in her stories now too saying it’s gifted etc and she also seems to be making up her own hashtags too!

I get it can all be labelled AD but I reckon a good differentiation would be AD for paid and AD-Gifted for gifted items??
Yep feels fairly simple

They clutching at ASA draws
Its the CAM and their rules they should be worried about

Reactions: 7
Interesting response to Emma hills debate

She said to Mrs meldrum I will be following CAM rules as they have the power to fine as wasent reb saying ASA gifted was fine.

She deleted her stories and q and a as made her look stupid.

The tide is turning.

Tax returns just got a bit more taxing
Please mr tax man check out the grid
Speak to ASA whats been kindly gifted
Check out Aberdeenshire buy and sell page to see kind gifts sold On!

Also if it's an ad
Do child labour laws kick in and finally give some protection to you tube/insta kids

I’ve wondered if in years to come, these kids that have had their entire childhood (including birth) put up online, will recieve some sort of financial payment as they have earned their parents a lot of money.

Thanks for this... I suffer so bad with anxiety, OCD and an eating disorder and I have a new baby and things have been getting on top of me so much lately, I have a lovely home, fab husband and a healthy baby, yet I was always comparing myself to these Mum bloggers who just seem to have their tit so perfectly together that I lost sights of what I myself have to be grateful for and my mental health has/is suffering terribly. Your post has inspired me to unfollow all of these fake mothers... I don’t need to speed clean my house 6 times a day to be happy! With that said, zoflora is going in the bin and I’m off to bed! Thank you for this post and for making me see the light! X
Congratulations on your baby lovely ?
Hope you're feeling better and stronger soon, sounds by whacking the zoflora in the bin, you're on the right track getting away from the online lies. Now just grab a cuppa or some popcorn and see it for what it is... a smokescreen of lies mostly in grey homes. Watch it only if you want but now like me, with a clearer head and a smile. You sound like you've got what a lot of them do not, stability, integrity, loving husband, a lovely home through hard work and precious healthy baba not pimped out to strangers. Much love. ?❤

Last edited:
Nothing really to add to the discussion other than to say with the whole gifting thing - if someone has sent you a gift then treat it as a gift, send the supplier a lovely thank you note, send it back if you don't want it or keep it and DONT SHOW IT ON INSTAGRAM! If however you do choose to show it to your followers on Instagram, the you are in fact advertising that product and the company and thus should be labelled as such. I genuinely don't get how this is hard for them to understand! And as you've all said, no one sends these things out of the kindness of their hearts - they are hoping for a kick back and a bit of free advertising.

Reactions: 22

IMO the cost of those free holidays is far higher when you are paying with your children’s privacy.

Reactions: 14
Nice to see brummy reading this thread ??
She’s now amended her ad chat. She even added my ad- gifted idea which I haven’t seen anywhere else?? Anyone? ?‍♀
We should be their agents
What is wrong with them all?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Nothing really to add to the discussion other than to say with the whole gifting thing - if someone has sent you a gift then treat it as a gift, send the supplier a lovely thank you note, send it back if you don't want it or keep it and DONT SHOW IT ON INSTAGRAM! If however you do choose to show it to your followers on Instagram, the you are in fact advertising that product and the company and thus should be labelled as such. I genuinely don't get how this is hard for them to understand! And as you've all said, no one sends these things out of the kindness of their hearts - they are hoping for a kick back and a bit of free advertising.
Absolutely! Not difficult is it?
Just popped on to IG gif Meldrums, if I hadn't read in here I'd have thought they'd hardly done anything in 2 days but of course its all deleted.... Even this mornings has ad on the bedroom Pictures. So MrsM, if you were not deliberately misleading your followers and you think you were correct why the change? Even more so, why are you making the changes to historical posts, if this is 'new guidelines' so many of you influencers are claiming. The whole business is disgusting.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.