Mrs Meldrum #17 Flying Tipping Lee, Mummy And Me, Who’s Wearing The Naughty Vest? Edgy Or Lee?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually agree completely. There's something else going on with her. Her lack of judgement, erratic behaviours and even the holey sock are pretty good indicators of an underlying situation, potentially around her mental health. ?. Her circle of friends /family other than immediate are significantly reduced it appears and her stomping ground being even more insular another example, she's staying at home A LOT.
She felt and looked unwell yesterday but had to produce something (why no stock vids like she used to have for sick days and holidays?), even a chatty Life update? Everyone is looking 10 years back?? She could have sat in her jammas and done that, instead something even easier, to me that's very telling... she just had the camera on her, not even a little effort in music or making it more interesting. She's simply going through the motions. I don't think she's well. It's showing on her and the end production. ?

What doesn't add up with that theory though is that she's managing the gym, the most critical, self absorbed environment ever outwith social Media. However, we still don't know the real business reason / arrangement for this. I think she's going there with company also. Someone is filming, so perhaps her mum or sister. I could be wrong but I don't think it's a thing you could manage alone feeling like I think she does.

WHY is no one advising her? Or are they? Is she listening? ?
Where's her management in all this? She's at a business critical period with the book coming out, new subs will be popping in to see what she's about and there's no relatable content. Nothing of quality when she CAN produce IT! Even if she listened to here and in comments what people enjoy. ?

I think she needs some self care, a break away from the house. The two of them. No kids, no cameras, no social media updates. As a couple, not 'The Meldrums'. Even for a few days. Re-establish that foundations most importantly. My friend and her long term partner due to a health condition of his chose for her to be the breadwinner. Being able to earn 3 times his salary when children came along it made sense. However, even she was shocked at her feelings. She was angry at him, she lost respect for him. She felt a huge pressure, all working parents do of course, guilt on top for working. However the effect on their relationship as a couple was sad, I don't think they'll stay together forever now,its simply about the kids. I'm not saying this for the Meldrums too, but even my very modern friend was shocked at her feelings towards 'her man' not providing. Despite it making perfect sense for the family unit. MrsM has been brought up with a safe and comfortable lifestyle, with dad being the provider. She's not a motivated, creative, innovative person and I think she's struggling with it all now hard work, effort and tenacity are required.

I'd be interested to hear what others take on it are?

Completely agree with the above.
Regarding the gym, I’m wondering whether she’s so into it (despite the apparent mental health flags you detailed) because it’s a form of escapism for her.
Plus she’s getting 1 on 1 attention from a male perceived as attractive (apparently) and as she is a narcissist I’m sure she LOVES all that attention heaped upon her ?

Reactions: 4
Who's got the best wardrobe? Lol. I was reading the comments and laughed at so many thinking she was emptying her airing cupboard or showing views of the landing. The bedroom is that big and awkward shaped. ?
She was clearing out her airing cupboard [complete with hot water tank]...... where are the wardrobes? surely she should be able to hang her jumpers up in an orderly fashion? all she was doing was moving deck chairs on the titanic!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It is exactly like she can’t be bothered any more. The reason people are on the tidy up bandwagon is because of Marie kondo. We know Reb doesn’t give af about copying someone else, if this was my full time important job, I would see the Marie kondo trend, watch Marie kondo stuff on tv/buy the book, or follow her page, think abut how I could add my own spin. The give home bargains or wilko or even tk maxx lwhatever a call say I’m going to do a declutter/tidy/storage solutions video - send me a gift card. Then boom there’s you video. Bit of clear out - charity shop run/buy storage at home bargains - film refill wardrobe with new storage.
Basic planning, a 1000 x better. It’s like she doesn’t give a tit.
How can she expect to be taken seriously with such poor quality content?
Completely agree with all of this. However, the reason we got a half arsed video last night is that she left it to the very last minute as she was clearly banking on her branded video being approved for upload. This to me just clarifies that without advertisements/brand work, she no longer has any sustainable, organic content of her own. Therefore, what is the point in her continuing to have this as their one and only source of income? Why will she not kick that blooming husband of hers back into touch and get him out working and earning a crust again. Lee really, really wants a ski holiday.. aww diddums! Well you know what sweetie, you’ve got a big ass mortgage to pay now and a house to upkeep on one salary that is not dependable. So sorry Lee if you don’t get your ski holiday this year. Maybe you need to get out and get a job then you can go on all the ski holidays you want.

I understand that she is only speaking to herself on camera and it must be hard pretending to have the audience with you, gauging feedback to what you are saying etc but did it not cross her tiny mind yesterday that maybe the talk of the summer holiday, the ski holiday, the personal trainer, her lack of commitment to no spend January really isn’t what most are interested in the week before payday in January!? All you hear throughout everything she says is what she has, what she wants, it’s overwhelming. You can see why people would sit there and feel tit about themselves watching this type of dross. Here she is, wardrobes rammed with clothes, hubby doesn’t work, she’s the sole breadwinner, they’ve got holidays booked, they might book another, she’s got a PT.. anyone even slightly impressionable could be like WTF have I got? Why am I not like her?

Honestly, I just think it’s time she called this full time nonsense a day. It’s car crash viewing at best.

Reactions: 38
They'll get a free Neilsons ski holiday. Then they can shove Poppy in childcare all day. Cracking holiday for her that'll be.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I think the quality content of her videos is absolutely appalling. For a woman who sits at home at all day and does let’s be honest very little why is she not putting time and effort into producing some entertaining videos people
Might actually want to see? Cos she’s lazy that’s why. And she has literally nothing to talk about other than what she wants. I also hate that new house. It’s dull dark and depressing and doesn’t seem homely whatsoever. The old
House was so much better

Reactions: 17
They'll get a free Neilsons ski holiday. Then they can shove Poppy in childcare all day. Cracking holiday for her that'll be.
Whilst childcare for the older children often appears great fun and well organised on these holidays, I'd NEVER put a baby of Poppy's age into childcare on holiday. Each to their own. ?

Reactions: 16
No, and even amongst my really keen skiing friends I don't know any who have taken their children until the youngest one was 4. Childcare at a ski resort for a baby is just not fun. But Edgy doesn't really care about that as long as she is doing what she wants.

I think the quality content of her videos is absolutely appalling. For a woman who sits at home at all day and does let’s be honest very little why is she not putting time and effort into producing some entertaining videos people
Might actually want to see? Cos she’s lazy that’s why. And she has literally nothing to talk about other than what she wants. I also hate that new house. It’s dull dark and depressing and doesn’t seem homely whatsoever. The old
House was so much better
Agree with the new house but its a personal thing isn't it? Takes time and money (and effort), to make it your own they're babbling about the garden when there's other more pressing design and living matters INSIDE their home... The lighting for a start!! Her vlogs now are terribly lit... really, really bad. Very amateurish.
We all know she wanted the pensioner postcode for status only. Believe me, I'm local. Dullsville.

Reactions: 14
Anyone else think she's buying subs?

With an awful video like yesterdays she should have slowed down or lost some. But she still gained 80, about the average she seems to get each day.

You would think that if she needed to do a quick video that she would have done something relating to the book that she has coming out on sale... no?
I appreciate she likely has planned content regarding the book but she could have done a quick video talking about the response so far, saying thank to those who have pre-ordered etc
But no, she does a video about folding jumpers.......!!!!!

What the F is that all about?! ?

• Haha
  • Wow
No, and even amongst my really keen skiing friends I don't know any who have taken their children until the youngest one was 4. Childcare at a ski resort for a baby is just not fun. But Edgy doesn't really care about that as long as she is doing what she wants.
I messaged her saying I had only had bad experiences with ski schools in the past when she asked opinions and alas, ski school will do for her munchkins ??‍♀

• Wow
Reactions: 3
@Catwoman I totally agree re your comments about something else going on with Rebecca.
I think that to tell her family she isn't happy being the sole earner would mean Reb would have to swallow her pride and admit she was wrong to encourage Lee to be a SAHD, she is being stubborn and digging her heels in pretending she is fine but she is far from fine about it, she would rather choke than admit making a mistake.
She has backed herself further into a corner by insisting to Lee that she has to have this particular house. Now the reality of living in it without someone like her Dad to fund everything her heart desires, it's eating her up. Really sad to watch ?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Tegan commented under her latest picture on Insta " my god never thought I'd see this" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
At least the people taking car of her will play with her and (hopefully) not talk to her in a hideous high pitched voice!

Reactions: 8
She says her sister and her learned when on holiday - there is 7 years between them. Clearly they went at an age appropriate to Tegan being able to participate, so then why can’t they wait for that type of holiday until P is able?! Holiday clubs are great, don’t get me wrong sometimes my eldest loves going away to play football or a water sport if the resort we are in has activities on the go, but mostly we spend our day together! We’re in and out the pool, we go to the beach or maybe take a day trip to somewhere around where we are. Their family holidays are clearly booked with their interests at the forefront of their mind and not their children’s. If it’s absoutely essential to book this type of holiday this year, ask one of your parents to look after poppy and don’t take her. It’s not fair on her at all in my opinion.

The whole book thing boils my blood! She’s had absolutely nothing to do with the creation of that book. She’s been paid to put her name to it to advertise to her sheep and that’s it! If she had created this book why wouldn’t she have filmed the process of her doing so and uploaded a video once it was announced? I’m actually embarrassed for her!

This ?????? My stomach would explode ?
[/QUOT
At least the people taking car of her will play with her and (hopefully) not talk to her in a hideous high pitched voice!
or wipe her whole face with bare hands like it’s a flannel, that always makes me cringe and think, no wonder she’s always ill, think of all of the germs you’re putting onto her face??

Reactions: 7
Well I caved an tried to watch the vlog have to say did skip through it mostly but one thing that stood out for me was the way she said something about how she was looking for a top the other day and then she says thats the problem that she ends up just shoving things away quickly so can't find anything.
They are 2 full grown adults in that house and they cant put away clothes properly!
Neither work I'm sorry but what Reb is doing isn't work it's like a tit hobby as little time and effort is put into it as possible she only puts 3 vlogs out a week and they are badly edited no care or thought.
I watch some YTs that go out to work full time and still put out double the vlogs she does with a lot more thought about the content and great editing. Now we have people thinking her mental health isn't great etc etc I dont buy that.
Let's face it when it's something Reb wants to do she's more than able and happy to do it her problem is she wants the high life but doesn't want to work for it.
She wanted Lee at home and she got her way no way is she going to agree him going back to work happily as she struggles to cope with everything she has to do now and that's not much. She was the really pushing force for the house the now delete vlog showed that Lee did want to offer a higher amount as I think he has his head screwed on a little more than hers when it comes to finances.
So for her she's now achieved the big house Lee not working but her real want is that they be able to have all this and for her not to work so instead she does the minimum and at the minute is getting away with it.
Problem for Reb is she isn't thinking of the future she needs to put in far more effort and start planning content if she organised herself better and actually did some work there is no reason why she couldnt be a week or 2 ahead of her vlogs going live. If this is a job then she needs to treat it as a job and put the hours in and stop treating it like a hobby she fits in around her life, basically she needs to grow up and stop being all me me me stop controlling everything and start providing for her family in a business like way or do it as a hobby and let Lee go back to work.

I actually agree completely. There's something else going on with her. Her lack of judgement, erratic behaviours and even the holey sock are pretty good indicators of an underlying situation, potentially around her mental health. ?. Her circle of friends /family other than immediate are significantly reduced it appears and her stomping ground being even more insular another example, she's staying at home A LOT.
She felt and looked unwell yesterday but had to produce something (why no stock vids like she used to have for sick days and holidays?), even a chatty Life update? Everyone is looking 10 years back?? She could have sat in her jammas and done that, instead something even easier, to me that's very telling... she just had the camera on her, not even a little effort in music or making it more interesting. She's simply going through the motions. I don't think she's well. It's showing on her and the end production. ?

What doesn't add up with that theory though is that she's managing the gym, the most critical, self absorbed environment ever outwith social Media. However, we still don't know the real business reason / arrangement for this. I think she's going there with company also. Someone is filming, so perhaps her mum or sister. I could be wrong but I don't think it's a thing you could manage alone feeling like I think she does.

WHY is no one advising her? Or are they? Is she listening? ?
Where's her management in all this? She's at a business critical period with the book coming out, new subs will be popping in to see what she's about and there's no relatable content. Nothing of quality when she CAN produce IT! Even if she listened to here and in comments what people enjoy. ?

I think she needs some self care, a break away from the house. The two of them. No kids, no cameras, no social media updates. As a couple, not 'The Meldrums'. Even for a few days. Re-establish that foundations most importantly. My friend and her long term partner due to a health condition of his chose for her to be the breadwinner. Being able to earn 3 times his salary when children came along it made sense. However, even she was shocked at her feelings. She was angry at him, she lost respect for him. She felt a huge pressure, all working parents do of course, guilt on top for working. However the effect on their relationship as a couple was sad, I don't think they'll stay together forever now,its simply about the kids. I'm not saying this for the Meldrums too, but even my very modern friend was shocked at her feelings towards 'her man' not providing. Despite it making perfect sense for the family unit. MrsM has been brought up with a safe and comfortable lifestyle, with dad being the provider. She's not a motivated, creative, innovative person and I think she's struggling with it all now hard work, effort and tenacity are required.

I'd be interested to hear what others take on it are?
I agree with you on the upbringing ! Her parents provided a great upbringing in terms of wealth ( think they produced s spoiled brat so y’know ??‍♀) and she’s used to that, when she started YT it was to do when lee was away from home, a side job aswell as being a full time sahm, however getting in with Chanel mum changed it, she became bigger and got very greedy, lee I think made a huge mistake leaving work, it changed the dynamics and the house move was IMO the wrong thing to do. Reb has never struck me as having an amazingly creative mind, nor a sparkling personality ( that is not meant to be mean) they had a great life before, lee worked and earned a decent wage, she could have grown steadily without compromising her integrity, but again greediness got in the way, I think Reb has her eye on being like the SJs in terms of life style. I don’t think she thinks anything is wrong, she says openly she’s head strong and will do things her way. One thing I do question though is how generous her parents are, whilst they may have agreed to guarantee the mortgage, I can’t see her dad bank rolling them when both are as lazy as they are. Do any locals know more?

Reactions: 12
Her video quality declines as her ego inflates. I don't buy poor mental health for a moment, I think she's lazy and she believes she is so fantastic that what she's doing is enough! She looks on her followers with disdain and belief that they'll kiss her ass no matter what crap she puts up. She gets no joy from making videos anymore, it's purely for the income and gifts now, and that shows in the time and effort she puts into the videos.
Reb is doing what spoilt little girls with no work ethic do now, shes coasting!

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.