Mrs Meldrum #135 Mrs Meldrum and The Curse of The Narrow Footbed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s face it, if she had someone that would look after the children she would leave them at home and jet off as a couple, using the excuse that education is su su important so the girls had to stay behind!

Reactions: 14
Let’s face it, if she had someone that would look after the children she would leave them at home and jet off as a couple, using the excuse that education is su su important so the girls had to stay behind!
and for once I’d actually agree with her but we all know that Karen isn’t exactly a hands on granny so that’s not going to happen!!

Reactions: 4
What a bleeping sad act she is. Spending her time on holiday glued to her phone. She really is just a pathetic specimen of a human.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So she's another one like her friend from the shack in Yorkshire that can't afford to go on the actual school holidays either yet they both think they are something

Reactions: 12
She's thick as pig tit really.

Taking your kids out of school occasionally is fine and isn't going to cause real harm. But she takes hers out for weeks across the year, every year. Studies have shown this will impact their education.

It also creates extra work for staff and can actually result in impacting other children's education. Imagine if every child took 4/5 weeks out every year? There's constantly children who are behind, asking for help, taking up teachers time. It's disruptive

It teaches children education is optional, it gives them a poor attitude to school and attendance which isn't going to help them in later life. You can't just not turn up to work for 2 weeks because you fancy a last minute trip to the canaries.

No one needs to go on holiday 5x a year. If you can't afford the school holidays going once is fine. But she can a)afford school holidays and b) not go away every other week

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She says the school have treated her requests with compassion and kindness, I bet she's talk of the staff room and not in a good way!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I don’t get this ‘you do you’. It’s the most ridiculous thing to say! We live in a society. What we do directly affects others whether we like it or not. What happens if everyone just thinks of themselves constantly?? Carnage!!

Reactions: 29
It’s a shame the school haven’t treated the Meldrum children (to whom they have a duty of care) with compassion and kindness and said no, Meldrum parents. This is clearly not in your children’s best interests so we are not going to authorise and/or support this; particularly given you don’t work, Mrs Meldrum, and your husband has 3 weeks off in every 5 so is ostensibly more flexible than the average parent

First rule or safe guarding: adults wishes do not and should not be considered more important than the children’s rights.

Reactions: 18
Who goes on holiday and just sits on their phone when they have three young children?? It seriously baffles me and why would anyone want to!!
She must be so bored and miserable that's the only thing I can think of.

Reactions: 14
Cor funny how this wound up now she has to fund her own adventures (🙄)

never remember this chat when they were kindly gifted neilson holidays in the school holidays.

Reactions: 9
I feel sorry for S. I didn’t think girls that age wore dresses like that, kids round my estate go about in leggings, t shirts or nice denim shorts (summer time) not dresses like that

Reactions: 7
The school has always met their decision with kindness and understanding??? Why would this be the case? They are not missing weeks of school in exceptional circumstances and there is nothing to understand or deserving of kindness here! She can believe that’s how the staff deal with these absences if she wants but I would bet my last pound that it’s not the case!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.